PDA

View Full Version : pcaviator deal of the day

dharris
April 14th, 2010, 05:48
I have been following the deal of the day website for awhile now. I purchased the active sky x discounted to like $29, seemed like a good deal. Can not get it to download on win xp pro64 bit. It just keeps changing servers. Wrote to tech support, got on hi fi forum and was told if in 30 can get money back. Wrote pc avitator on there tech support issue, and no return info. I sent them an email asking for money back. No response. I did get their catalogue in the mail, pc aviators, that is, and low and behold active sky x is in there also for the same price that I assumed was an online deal. Just goes to show it is getting harder to trust these companies.

Lateral-G
April 14th, 2010, 06:14
I signed up for their daily email notifications but they arrive almost a day late so by the time I go to the site the offer has expired.

They were arriving on time but in the past few weeks they come late.

I don't have time to check their website every day and the notifications are nice since I can check them on my Droid.

-G-

Skittles
April 14th, 2010, 07:44
They seem to be struggling for products as well. For the last few days they havn't had anything, and today they are repeating a MegaScenery package.

Shame it hasn't had a little more longetivity, perhaps it will pick up again soon.

TeiscoDelRay
April 14th, 2010, 08:00
Does anyone have a link for the deal of the day page?

wallyboard
April 14th, 2010, 08:13
Does anyone have a link for the deal of the day page?

Try here:

http://www.flightsimdealoftheday.com/home.php

Cheers
Larry

tigisfat
April 14th, 2010, 10:32
I signed up for their daily email notifications but they arrive almost a day late so by the time I go to the site the offer has expired.

They were arriving on time but in the past few weeks they come late.

I don't have time to check their website every day and the notifications are nice since I can check them on my Droid.

-G-

I signed up too, and they haven't given me any emails at all. When I've checked their website in recent weeks, it says there is no deal of the day, and to check back again. I wonder if they ran out of willing developers.

NoNewMessages
April 14th, 2010, 13:13
Taken from their site, "There Will Be No Deal of The Day Today. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please check back tomorrow." Uh, OK.

I was looking at their page for MegaSceneryEarth and they address downloading and how their servers can dish it out faster than any home user can grab it, even when the servers are at full load. But they don't handle resuming downloads. Uh, OK...

dharris
April 14th, 2010, 16:40
It would be nice to hear back from them, even if they refuse to give refunds. LC when you going to do Michigan? Got N.Carolina and W. Virgiinia, love em.

Lionheart
April 14th, 2010, 17:49
I can only imagine they have run out of products. You cant keep running the same ones every 3 weeks. At least thats my thoughts.

It would be nice to see some of Aerosofts product lines at Deal of the Day. There are some great airports in there I would like. Switzerland scenery as well.. woooo hoooo...!

DHarris,

They get terribly busy. Bare with them. They get so much traffic and emails. Being a dev, I too have to wait in line till they can get with me.

Bill

NoNewMessages
April 14th, 2010, 17:50
...LC when you going to do Michigan? Got N.Carolina and W. Virgiinia, love em.

As a matter of fact, I have looked at Michigan, but no hi-res mesh that I can find. And next week (Gosh I hope next week!!) I'll have something additional. There are a few preview pics on my site on the Special Projects page. I'll have more in the next few days. But there will be instructions for existing customers. Seems like I'm going to be busy on the East Coast for a while... :wavey:

dharris
April 15th, 2010, 05:34
Glad to hear it LC. Your products are first rate and I really enjoy them. Lionheart, I will give them some more time to respond, but the idea that the deal of the day would be at a lower than normal price is what prompted me to buy in the first place. Had I known that was the regular price I would not have purchased it, my fault for not doing my own diligence. Still love the Epic, great aircraft