PDA

View Full Version : OT: Dumb Quote of the Month ...

Snuffy
April 14th, 2010, 05:38
At an interview regarding the suicide jump of a 39 year old man from a hotel roof in NYC, LA Angles manager Scioscia said ...

"It's obviously traumatic when you witness something like that, but these guys understand the privilege of playing baseball," said Angels manager Mike Scioscia.
"I don't know anything about the guy falling down, but something was troubling him."

Now, call me dumb, but darned if I can put that first sentence to good understanding ...
they witness a death of a fellow human being yet its a privilege to play baseball???

limjack
April 14th, 2010, 07:24
He is in coach mode.... playing baseball is his interpitation to living life. So sad to see people with no other way out end it this way. I know mental illness and other factors click in here but just so sad.

Jim

lifejogger
April 14th, 2010, 09:23
He kind of sounds like Coach on the old TV show Cheers.

limjack
April 14th, 2010, 10:51
Snuffy, by chance were you and oudoor school counselor back in 1975 in the Portland Oregon area. I had a counselor nicked named snuffy...it's a long shot but looks like the age difference adds up. I have been meaning to ask and now need closure to my thoughts.

Jim

Snuffy
April 14th, 2010, 11:18
Snuffy, by chance were you and oudoor school counselor back in 1975 in the Portland Oregon area. I had a counselor nicked named snuffy...it's a long shot but looks like the age difference adds up. I have been meaning to ask and now need closure to my thoughts.

Jim

I've never been west of the Mississippi ... Sorry. :)

limjack
April 14th, 2010, 11:52
Well, it was worth a shot in the dark. I can now move on with my life.

Jim