PDA

View Full Version : Who made the default P-51?

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 12:02
As I understand it, the acceleration aircraft were outsourced. I can't remember who made the hornet, but they used to tell everyone. Wasn't it FSdreamteam?

Anyway, I'd like to know who made the default P-51 if it wasn't ACES. I doubt it was.

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
April 13th, 2010, 12:14
Brandon Toomey did the Liveries and the oringinal model was outsourced with him completing the final touches and fixes on the model.

He is now one of the team at the new Aces Studio.

spotlope
April 13th, 2010, 12:26
I thought Captain Sim did the Hornet. No idea about the P-51.

Rezabrya
April 13th, 2010, 12:39
CaptainSim did the Hornet model and FSDreamTeam did the coding in the VC and such.

Anneke
April 13th, 2010, 13:26
P51 by Sibwings I read somewhere...

Naki
April 13th, 2010, 13:34
It was Sibwings that made the P-51...

http://blogs.technet.com/P-12C_Pilot/

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 13:37
CaptainSim did the Hornet model and FSDreamTeam did the coding in the VC and such.

Captainsim has said repeatedly that they didn't do it.

It makes you wonder who's building what right now for the new software at Microsoft.

Naki
April 13th, 2010, 13:45
The blog link I posted for P-12C (who did or was working at MS) says the Cpt Sim created the F-18 exterior..another party did the VC

michael davies
April 13th, 2010, 14:22
Even if you find the credited publisher you really never know who actually built it, did a member of Capt Sim build the exterior or did they buy it in from a 3rd party who got it made by some one some where else.

Who gets the credit, Capt Sim, the 3rd party supplier or the original author ?. There is a lot of 3rd party suppliers out there, few build in house and many out source there work, making changes often entails a very long information chain through several parties to get to the man bending the polys.

Take for example the Flight 1 Hunter, originally published by Alphasim, bought in from Milviz and before that who knows ?, who actually cares to be honest, so long as the final product performs as advertised.

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 14:27
Even if you find the credited publisher you really never know who actually built it, did a member of Capt Sim build the exterior or did they buy it in from a 3rd party who got it made by some one some where else.

Who gets the credit, Capt Sim, the 3rd party supplier or the original author ?. There is a lot of 3rd party suppliers out there, few build in house and many out source there work, making changes often entails a very long information chain through several parties to get to the man bending the polys.

Take for example the Flight 1 Hunter, originally published by Alphasim, bought in from Milviz and before that who knows ?, who actually cares to be honest, so long as the final product performs as advertised.

What got me thinking about it were the bare metal textures, primarily. I'd love to see more bare metal aircraft look like that. That is perfection to me.

doublecool
April 13th, 2010, 16:10
It's one of the best looking default aircraft, but I don't fly it much because I keep blowing up the motor...

any advise on MP settings and RPM settings to fly this bird...fast with out the motor catching of fire :kilroy:

Tylerb59
April 13th, 2010, 16:42
I saw a few in house artists working on the liveries for the P51, and textures for the EH-101, but pretty sure models were outsourced.

www.glassegg.com (http://www.glassegg.com) and http://www.dhruva.com/newsite/index.html are two other vendors that MS works with, although Glass Egg seems to worked on the enviroments.

When I was working on Forza, we had to share space with Aces as they were getting their own space built out over in Willows. Good ole' Millenium building was jam packed in the heat of production of Forza 2 and FSX / Acceleration, was a cool time in history to be a part of the action, being a fan of the franchise. A few artists from the Forza team made the jump over to Aces, and Forza got to borrow some Aces developers to help with the workload.

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 17:02
It's one of the best looking default aircraft, but I don't fly it much because I keep blowing up the motor...

any advise on MP settings and RPM settings to fly this bird...fast with out the motor catching of fire :kilroy:

I know it seems low, but keep everything in the green band. It's still plenty fast. The green band typifies normal operation. :ernae:

Piglet
April 13th, 2010, 18:54
I always thought the Accell P-51's skin was too wrinkly. And of course it has the overscaled bumped rivets.

cheezyflier
April 13th, 2010, 18:59
i don't fly it much, mostly because it only has a single tank, on one side only. if it had enough fuel to actually go somewhere, i might fly it more. i don't have the skills to race with it.

AckAck
April 13th, 2010, 19:23
i don't fly it much, mostly because it only has a single tank, on one side only. if it had enough fuel to actually go somewhere, i might fly it more. i don't have the skills to race with it.

Fuel, Unlimited...Check.

Sure, it's cheating, but who flies cross-country at top speed in a race version P-51?

(That said - I haven't checked it, so not speaking from personal experience here.)

Brian

jankees
April 13th, 2010, 21:17

funny how tastes differ...I think it is one of the ugliest Mustangs around....one of the reasons I did not buy acceleration.
Funny that for some it falls under default and freeware, while for me it is clearly payware and not default at all, since I don't have it, and can not get it without paying for it...

Daube
April 14th, 2010, 03:39
funny how tastes differ...I think it is one of the ugliest Mustangs around....one of the reasons I did not buy acceleration.
Funny that for some it falls under default and freeware, while for me it is clearly payware and not default at all, since I don't have it, and can not get it without paying for it...

Then the Goose and Maule are not default, but paywares, since you have to pay extra money to get them...

doublecool
April 14th, 2010, 04:15
Then the Goose and Maule are not default, but paywares, since you have to pay extra money to get them...

Thats even funnier since I got acceleration for...f/18 and the other two were just part of the package

the P-51 in the package is the Racers version with modern panel...but I still like it

CheckSix
April 14th, 2010, 04:48
TBO I didnt want any of the additional aircraft O.o I just wanted the new capabilities within the sim that Accel offered. Having said that I love the new aircraft, I think they are great, shame there hasn't been more repaints for the Pony & Merlin.

cheezyflier
April 14th, 2010, 06:14
Fuel, Unlimited...Check.

Sure, it's cheating, but who flies cross-country at top speed in a race version P-51?

(That said - I haven't checked it, so not speaking from personal experience here.)

Brian

i could check the unlimited fuel, and i have done that, but the plane is still off-balance either way

AckAck
April 14th, 2010, 06:30
Sorry, I was too tongue-in-cheek there. Couldn't you also move the fuel tank to the center of the aircraft, or add another on the opposite side, to balance it out? In aircraft.cfg, just duplicate the tank line, change the tank number and flip sides?

Brian

cheezyflier
April 14th, 2010, 08:46
well, trouble is, when it comes to doing that i am to "head in @ss" :icon_lol:
i'd surely just screw it up. here lately, i've been flying the kodiak and the victory almost exclusively

Milton Shupe
April 14th, 2010, 09:41
well, trouble is, when it comes to doing that i am to "head in @ss" :icon_lol:
i'd surely just screw it up. here lately, i've been flying the kodiak and the victory almost exclusively

Well, try this:

LeftMain = -1.8, -4.1, -1.8, 120, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -1.8, 4.1, -1.8, 120, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

Replace existing LeftMain with these two lines in the Fuel section of the aircraft.cfg.

orionll
April 14th, 2010, 19:33
Captain Sim - F/A-18 external model
Virtuali S.A.S. - EH101 gauges and F/A-18 virtual cockpit
Sibwings - P-51D external model & virtual cockpit
Things to Come - Edwards AFB scenery

Sources: http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archive/2007/10/04/thank-you-to-acceleration-partners.aspx & FSX About/Credits

tigisfat
April 14th, 2010, 19:58
Captain Sim - F/A-18 external model
Virtuali S.A.S. - EH101 gauges and F/A-18 virtual cockpit
Sibwings - P-51D external model & virtual cockpit
Things to Come - Edwards AFB scenery

Sources: http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archive/2007/10/04/thank-you-to-acceleration-partners.aspx & FSX About/Credits

Hmm, I haven't heard of two of them. I wonder why they bypassed many larger developers?

orionll
April 14th, 2010, 20:25
Hmm, I haven't heard of two of them. I wonder why they bypassed many larger developers?
Which two?

If you're wondering about Virtuali S.A.S., they're the parent company of FSDreamTeam.

I hadn't really heard of Things to Come in FS development, but I have known them for their excellent FSX videos:

EDDIE Remove before Flight - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkjyL02U9DY
This Bird Strikes: A-320 for Microsoft Flight Simulator - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYxlXUzgP8

bstolle
April 14th, 2010, 21:56
Virtuali aka Cloud9.....sigh.....their excellent F-4 was the main reason for me to delay the switch from FS9 to FSX as long as possible.
Unfortunately the guys at Microsoft weren't able to join the external model from captainsim with their VC correctly. (The captainsim fuselage is much wider than the Virtuali VC)
That's why this ugly grey bar blocks the forward view from the cockpit :(
Their Fiat G91 was my first military addon for fs9 and their F-104 wasn't too bad either.

SolarEagle
April 15th, 2010, 00:06

Whaaa???? But its so purdy!:bump:

Only thing I don't like is it seems lower manifold pressures like 30" don't make as much power as they should. PC-12 once confirmed that to be the case.

http://sio.midco.net/silly22/racer.jpg

stansdds
April 15th, 2010, 02:35
Well, try this:

LeftMain = -1.8, -4.1, -1.8, 120, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)
RightMain = -1.8, 4.1, -1.8, 120, 0.0 //Longitudinal (feet), Lateral (feet), Vertical (feet), Usable(gallons), Unusable (gallons)

Replace existing LeftMain with these two lines in the Fuel section of the aircraft.cfg.

That certainly fixes the single fuel cell issue in the Acceleration P-51 Racer. I've flown it a little, but P-51's really are not my favorite. With that statement, I'll run for cover! :wiggle:

MudMarine
April 15th, 2010, 02:48
That certainly fixes the single fuel cell issue in the Acceleration P-51 Racer. I've flown it a little, but P-51's really are not my favorite. With that statement, I'll run for cover! :wiggle:

No reason to run for cover.........join the club!!

bstolle
April 15th, 2010, 03:06
Here's another member, that was the first one I deleted after installing accel...wasn't that the one with the floating tailwheel? :icon_lol:

PRB
April 15th, 2010, 05:29
Well I like the racer Mustang. A fun plane to fly. Maybe I'm just easily amused. I still like it! :icon_lol:

cheezyflier
April 15th, 2010, 08:02
Well, try this:

thank you! :applause: