PDA

View Full Version : &^$#@^&(*(

b52bob
April 13th, 2010, 10:27
OK, I give up!
Trying to add scenery. I go to add new, click on scenery I want, then it goes to "scenery" within the folder, click OK, comes back with "file not found"

Also, when I start FSX, it goes through "adding new scenery" even though I didn't touch the setting menu the last time I was on. This started when I put in the EXCELLENT Viet Nam Scenery (thanks to the developer for that one, it's spectacular!)

What am I doing wrong

Thanks
Bob

spotlope
April 13th, 2010, 10:54
OK, I give up!
Trying to add scenery. I go to add new, click on scenery I want, then it goes to "scenery" within the folder, click OK, comes back with "file not found"

Also, when I start FSX, it goes through "adding new scenery" even though I didn't touch the setting menu the last time I was on. This started when I put in the EXCELLENT Viet Nam Scenery (thanks to the developer for that one, it's spectacular!)

What am I doing wrong

Thanks
Bob

Bob, I think you need to be one level up from where you're going. To add a scenery, click on its root folder (the one containing "Scenery" and "Texture" folders) and add that.

NoNewMessages
April 13th, 2010, 13:07
Also, what OS are you using? Win7 has a quirk in it that makes it different from Vista or XP.

dswo
April 13th, 2010, 13:29
Win7 has a quirk in it that makes it different from Vista or XP.

This explains how to add scenery in W7: http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showtopic=265677

b52bob
April 13th, 2010, 21:00
Yep, Win 7.

Thanks guys for all your help

Bob