PDA

View Full Version : buyers beware

Daveroo
April 13th, 2010, 07:21
Hi All,,, i just got screwed.... i came into a lil money from the sale of my truck.paid off some debt and with a bit left over i bought some addons for FSX,acceleration from amason,realair duke from simsomeone,c185 from carrendo,bills epic jet.and some scenery from PC aviator.....somewhere someone got hold of my email address and my debt card number.i got an email (2 of them) this morning from a company called Koran games..ive never heard of them and from paypal stating i made 2 purchaces of gold for the koran game...one for 99.99 and one for 199.99........ive never used paypal ever and i did not use it with amason...but i figure thats where it got ripped at...just a word of warning...doesnt seem were safe anymore even buying our planes....shame it is...

Prowler1111
April 13th, 2010, 07:28
Daveroo:
This is a common phising scam, iīm almost certain that amount was not spent, but itīs a "hook" for you to go to a ***ing link where youīre supposed to either A: post a complaint b: check your purchase, in either case, you already posted your paypal information (if you have one) and opened your account to this **ckers.
Check your paypal account, see if that amount was spent, and if didnīt then report the "confirming emails" to paypal itself.

Best regards
Ron

Prowler1111
April 13th, 2010, 07:30
And if you really were ripped off, issue a complaint at paypal from your account demanding a refund and explaining the situation, there is a 50/50 chance you get your money back, your mileage may vary on this.

Ron

brad kaste
April 13th, 2010, 09:26
Daveroo, You mentioned "ive never used paypal ever and i did not use it with amason."
Do you have a paypal account but haven't used it with Amazon? Or don't have paypal account at all? The reason I'm asking that if you never set up a paypal account (through your bank) it shouldn't be an issue. But as Prowler mentioned (assuming you do have a paypal account but didn't use it to make these FSX purchases) it would be something to bring immediately to Paypal's attention and demand to cancel the purchase or ask for a refund.

OBIO
April 13th, 2010, 09:33
I wouldn't be hasty to point fingers at Amazon as the source of the info leak. I have read three or four other posts by people who had bogus charges to their pay pal or credit card after they made purchases through PC Aviator. Four or five people saying the same thing with PC Aviator being common to them all (a couple had been on credit cards used only for sim purchases on line and used for nothing else but sim items). PC Aviator is beginning to look like the rat people are smelling.

OBIO

Daveroo
April 13th, 2010, 14:25
first..i looked and it was on my bank account and "processing" at 3am this morning....so its real..not phisihng..its to late now..but im going to call mark at pc aviator tomorrow and have a talk with him..im NOT accuasing anyone at this point because i have NO proof...but my bank put me in touch with law enforcement in san fransico this morning and i reported it.

cwillis
April 13th, 2010, 17:02
bought the epic jet through PC Aviator on March 27th. This morning at 3am I got a hit on my bank account and a receipt through pay pal. Here is the funny thing, pay-pal didn't have that card or that email address. I checked the mail header ( I am a network engineer) and determined that the mail server sending the email was a legitimate email server for pay-pal.

I tried to look up lost account info on pay-pal to no avail and when I called pay-pal their systems were down and could not help me look up squat.

Here is the real kicker....this is the second time it happened. The last was in December after I bought some scenery from PCA. 15 days later I got a charge for 99 and 199 from an online gaming site specializing in games for face book (same for the korem games today). The last time it happened I got the card re-issued under another number.

My only conclusion from the facts is that someone got my new card number and my personal email (which I never gave to pay-pal) and opened up a false pay-pal account with it. After opening it they used it to open the game account with Korem and hit me for 99.99.

I have been in contact with the thread starter, I guess we will see where this leads. My thanks to the board members, without you guys I would never put these two incidents together.

Finally, OBIO refereed to other other threads about similar instances with PCA. I am hoping someone can provide some links to those other posts.

Dangerousdave26
April 13th, 2010, 19:13
Finally, OBIO refereed to other other threads about similar instances with PCA. I am hoping someone can provide some links to those other posts.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=33801&highlight=Aviator

cwillis
April 14th, 2010, 03:01
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=33801&highlight=Aviator

says I don't have permission to view....