PDA

View Full Version : ORBX/FTX Northern California

tigisfat
April 12th, 2010, 22:58
DISCLAIMER: this is not an 'are we there yet' thread.

Rather, I was just wondering about the timeline. I'm sure the pacific northwest took a very long time to build. I'd just like to know if we are maybe a yearish away from Northern California hitting the market, or are we many years?

Reddog
April 13th, 2010, 05:18
Would rather it be the rest of BC and Alaska next.

JayKae
April 13th, 2010, 05:19
No, we are not :)

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 08:18
No, we are not :)

Perhaps I should rephrase my question. So you're much less than a year or a couple years?

dominique
April 13th, 2010, 08:33
I'd love to see Trinity Center, Scott Valley or Happy Camp airports over in the Shasta Lake area having this kind of treatment !

Kowalski65
April 13th, 2010, 08:39
Im sure I saw Jaykae or one of the other OrbX team post a sort of plan of action somewhere, but I'm damned if I can recall where(or even if it was posted at all!)
This link has their planned releases but I imagine it will take rather a long time to do all of them
http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html#top
Looking at these beauties,I can wait :jump:

Actually,thats a lie...I cant wait!! LOL :jump:

SolarEagle
April 13th, 2010, 11:57
Perhaps I should rephrase my question. So you're much less than a year or a couple years?

I'm pretty sure he responded to your question "Are we maybe a yearish away from nothern cali hitting the market", with "No, we are not", meaning not even close to a year, meaning much more than a year.

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 12:05
I'm pretty sure he responded to your question "Are we maybe a yearish away from nothern cali hitting the market", with "No, we are not", meaning not even close to a year, meaning much more than a year.

yes, but I also asked if it was many years. He said 'yes' which could mean under a year, or leaves open the interpretation of 'many' years. I wouldn't consider two years 'many' years, and two years is a possible timeframe for that release.

I did read their upcoming works, and they appear to center on the northern california project.

koorby
April 13th, 2010, 13:18
Here is the intended release sequence:

North Rockies
Pacific Fjords
New Zealand South Island
South Rockies
New Zealand North Island
NorCal
SoCal

Three of these projects are being developed in parallel so they won't take 12 months each, that much I can say.

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 13:28
Here is the intended release sequence:

North Rockies
Pacific Fjords
New Zealand South Island
South Rockies
New Zealand North Island
NorCal
SoCal

Three of these projects are being developed in parallel so they won't take 12 months each, that much I can say.hmm, I don't know why I thought norcal was first. I'll have to go do some more digging into what they've stated.

I look forward to their rendition of new zealand, but to have northern california join the oregon scenery would be great.

That's quite an undertaking, to publically announce your next six years worth of work. I won't tell my girlfriend what I'm doing tomorrow.

spotlope
April 13th, 2010, 13:33
hmm, I don't know why I thought norcal was first. I'll have to go do some more digging into what they've stated.

I look forward to their rendition of new zealand, but to have northern california join the oregon scenery would be great.

That's quite an undertaking, to publically announce your next six years worth of work. I won't tell my girlfriend what I'm doing tomorrow.

No need for digging at all; what John says is what we do. ;)

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 13:35
No need for digging at all; what John says is what we do. ;)

:icon_lol: Sorry, I thought he was just an ORBX/FTX fan. You developers can be pretty anonymous here.

spotlope
April 13th, 2010, 13:39
:icon_lol: Sorry, I thought he was just an ORBX/FTX fan. You developers can be pretty anonymous here.

koorby = John Venema, Orbx CEO.

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 13:41
koorby = John Venema, Orbx CEO.

ah, thank you for joining us, John. I appreciate the replies here. I know you guys would prefer to answer questions in your own forum.:ernae:

koorby
April 13th, 2010, 18:32
Yeah the buck stops with me, LOL!

I used to have a sig section here at SOH but they updated their forum software and (call me daft), but my sig disappeared and I have no clue how to bring it back.

tigisfat
April 13th, 2010, 18:37

I used to have a sig section here at SOH but they updated their forum software and (call me daft), but my sig disappeared and I have no clue how to bring it back.

well, the title is right now.

SolarEagle
April 14th, 2010, 23:56

I had that issue, then I learned only paying members can have a sig. :redface: