PDA

View Full Version : What Dial in my Keyboard do I need to press?

miamieagle
April 11th, 2010, 22:31
What Dial in my Keyboard do I need to press to stop my engine from keep running once I have landed?

Thank you!

SdC Redux
April 12th, 2010, 00:45
What Dial in my Keyboard do I need to press to stop my engine from keep running once I have landed?

Thank you!
shift+ctrl+F1 on my setup: zero mixture. After that also switch of the battery otherwise it drains and you won't be able to restart.

Deckard
April 12th, 2010, 01:29
I use shift+3 on my setup.

Jagdflieger
April 12th, 2010, 02:40
You can also do it with your mouse in most planes.

F5 to bring up your throttle quadrant.

Use your mouse to pull the mixture lever to full lean.

Go to your magneto switch and turn both magnetos off using the mouse.

Go to your main battery switch and turn it off using the mouse.

You are now shut down and safe.

Note 2: Some planes have a prop that will continue to spin for quite some time. Some shut down fairly fast. I don't know why.

SdC Redux
April 12th, 2010, 02:59
I use shift+3 on my setup.

That must be with the "Combat" keyboard layout, I use "FS" layout.

miamieagle
April 12th, 2010, 06:03
I have been using the Dial Z to shut it off but then I coud not restart my plane. Now I know there are better methods.

Thank you!

TARPSBird
April 12th, 2010, 10:54
To cut the engines I use keys Ctrl + J with the "Set mixture to idle cutoff" command, just because it's same as what I use in FS9. You can use any keys that are convenient for you.

Deckard
April 12th, 2010, 11:12
That must be with the "Combat" keyboard layout, I use "FS" layout.

I think that's right :)

tonybones2112
April 12th, 2010, 12:14
Guys, while we are on the topic of keys, what key is this "spoiler" key everyone talks about? Without the help of you all in this forum, I'd probably abandoned CFS2 many long weeks ago. I appreciate all the builders and makers, some have the Micro$oft attitude, tutorials are unnecessary because the assumption is made that all this information on how to make things work is already encoded in our DNA. I was born with a learning disability and it's hard for me to grasp things by Gestalt.

Thanks

Bones

miamieagle
April 12th, 2010, 12:20
I think its the Key D.

Jagdflieger
April 12th, 2010, 12:30
It's for the airbrakes on jets as well as the dive brakes on dive bombers.

I think Miami is correct for the stock key setting for it.

Deckard
April 12th, 2010, 12:36
Guys, while we are on the topic of keys, what key is this "spoiler" key everyone talks about? Without the help of you all in this forum, I'd probably abandoned CFS2 many long weeks ago. I appreciate all the builders and makers, some have the Micro$oft attitude, tutorials are unnecessary because the assumption is made that all this information on how to make things work is already encoded in our DNA. I was born with a learning disability and it's hard for me to grasp things by Gestalt.

Thanks

Bones

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :applause: