PDA

View Full Version : I can see old age is catching up on me

hey_moe
November 9th, 2008, 16:09
Decided to take off for five days to take a break and get caught up on some stuff.We spent most of yesterday Christmas shopping which I hate going with Linda to do it cause she shops around for bargains... I just pick it up and buy it. But today I decides to wash the SUV,van and Linda's toy. I waxed Linda's car twice. It just about trashed me after that so I got into the hot tub for an hour and then passed out...lol. Then after the old fart nap was over with decided to do something with my play room upstairs. After cleaning that out I didn't know there were four desk up there...what that tell ya...lol. After cleaning that mess up decided to scrub the shower out.....I know all the guys in love doing that....lol...Then got back in the hot tub for another hour....I is beat...years ago this wouldn't have bothered me but I ache all over now....Bengay time:costumes:

Cazzie
November 9th, 2008, 16:20
If you do that every day, it's better Moe! A weekend binge will put an old man in traction! :costumes:

The worst thing about getting old is that, if you still have a brain, you remember what it was like being young!

caz

dadmod
November 9th, 2008, 16:22
hey_moe...I can identify with that! I retired in April 08, attacked the yard with a vengance (it's so cool in San Antonio in the summer :icon_lol:)...put in flower beds, cleaned rain gutters, dug holes, etc. Managed to pull a muscle in my right buttock/hamstring area and fortunately the right flank pain was NOT a kidney stone from dehydration. My Doc looked at me and said something similar to 'act your age'. What does he know anyway, I'm only 66 for crying out loud :isadizzy::costumes:. So I went back to work part time and feel much better :kilroy::d

Cloud9Gal
November 9th, 2008, 17:09
Oh and Mike...after the Bengay starts doing it's thing...my car could use a wax job :d I'll even watch ;)

and...ummm how talented are you with pedicures? :d:d

hey_moe
November 9th, 2008, 17:43
You got it all wrong there...it's my turn to watch:costumes:
Oh and Mike...after the Benguay starts doing it's thing...my car could use a wax job :d I'll even watch ;)

Trans_23
November 9th, 2008, 17:58
You need to get back to work so you can rest! :costumes:

cheezyflier
November 10th, 2008, 05:29
a regular soak in the hot tub is good for what ails ya. you ain't old yet, just soak more. what ever you do, don't listen to kenny g records while you're in there, or next thing you know you'll be wearing birkenstocks and driving your subaru forrester to buy lillith fair tickets.

Cazzie
November 10th, 2008, 06:17
Oh and Mike...after the Bengay starts doing it's thing...my car could use a wax job :d I'll even watch ;)

ROFLMAO! And slappin' mah thighs! :costumes::costumes::costumes:

Caz

Henry
November 10th, 2008, 12:08
old! lemmee tell you
i have been in Europe for a week
i used to ba able to walk all over
now cross the street call a taxi
and im drained :censored:
H

BurningBeard
November 10th, 2008, 15:27
I'm lucky my wife says I don't get to retire.

Beard

hey_moe
November 10th, 2008, 15:39
Damn ...is your wife's name Linda too...cus dat's just what she says to me all da time:costumes:
I'm lucky my wife says I don't get to retire.

Beard

smoores
November 10th, 2008, 16:26
If you can do that all in one day it would be hard to call you old.

Hiede
November 10th, 2008, 17:29
I guess someone is just gonna have to :a1089:you into shape.;)

Hiede

wombat666
November 10th, 2008, 22:18
Jeez Moe!
Two weeks after finishing my treatment I'm back to daily 5K runs ....... maybe you need to start off at a modest 1K trot!

It helps if you have half a dozen Beagles to tow you around of course.
:d

hey_moe
November 11th, 2008, 01:29
Well hell, come on down and and give me a work out:applause: you can bring dat chain too:jump:
I guess someone is just gonna have to :a1089:you into shape.;)

Hiede

Brian_Gladden
November 11th, 2008, 04:51
wearing birkenstocks and driving your subaru forrester to buy lillith fair tickets

Sounds like the typical non native Vermonter...

Native Vermonters are wearing work boots while driving their pickups to buy Toby Keith or Aerosmith tickets.

Brian

GT182
November 11th, 2008, 05:01
Brian, you forgot... it's also camo season up there in The Green Mountain State. Same for NY too. :d

Watchout for that Moose! Keep Bullwinkle safe. :costumes:

cheezyflier
November 11th, 2008, 06:45
Sounds like the typical non native Vermonter...

Native Vermonters are wearing work boots while driving their pickups to buy Toby Keith or Aerosmith tickets.

Brian

that could also describe much of the carolinas, tenn, kentucky and the rest of the southern states. (except for florida and lousiana) :costumes:

EgoR64
November 11th, 2008, 08:26
Hi Moe

I hear ya, I have honey do days that kick me 6.

Who is Bengay ? LOL

Many Cheers..

hey_moe
November 11th, 2008, 09:02
It looks like da women in here are gaining up on me anyway :costumes:
Hi Moe

I hear ya, I have honey do days that kick me 6.

Who is Bengay ? LOL

Many Cheers..

Snuffy
November 11th, 2008, 09:56
... Who is Bengay ? LOL

Many Cheers..

He's that guy that wears the pink leotard and rides around in a chariot ...

EgoR64
November 11th, 2008, 10:14
he's that guy that wears the pink leotard and rides around in a chariot ...

lmfao -

Hiede
November 11th, 2008, 14:30
It looks like da women in here are gaining up on me anyway :costumes:

Must be your Charm.:costumes:

Hiede

hey_moe
November 11th, 2008, 15:03
See what I mean...here ys go for round 2...BTW Hiede, I took da grand kids to Chucky Cheeze for some pizza and playtime....I deaf in both ears...there were 3 parties going on and I lost count of the kids in there. I know ya can relate to dat
Must be your Charm.:costumes:

Hiede

Hiede
November 11th, 2008, 15:38
BTW Hiede, I took da grand kids to Chucky Cheeze for some pizza and playtime....I deaf in both ears...there were 3 parties going on and I lost count of the kids in there. I know ya can relate to dat

We had 2 Birthday parties at the house this summer.Al's daughter(3 years old) in June and my daughter(5 years old) in July.Next party will be New Years but for grownups.

Hiede

hey_moe
November 11th, 2008, 15:45
Well mine is coming up Dec.22...Can ya come over and jump out of my cake with your chain:a1089:>>>> :costumes:
We had 2 Birthday parties at the house this summer.Al's daughter(3 years old) in June and my daughter(5 years old) in July.Next party will be New Years but for grownups.

Hiede

ColoKent
November 11th, 2008, 16:08
...it's like the saying from the 70's: "Beat me baby, and make me write bad checks!"

I got on the exerbike and did my 48 minutes AGAIN today...I hate it, but I have pounds to lose, since flight suits don't hide fat as well as BDUs!!!!

K.

Hiede
November 11th, 2008, 17:35
Well mine is coming up Dec.22...Can ya come over and jump out of my cake with your chain:a1089:>>>> :costumes:

I won't be on the East Coast this year until maybe late spring.Besides what would your wife say if I jumped out of the cake?You'd need more than a hot bath and bengay after she got done with you.You might even be singing Soprano.:costumes:

Hiede

hey_moe
November 11th, 2008, 17:45
:costumes::costumes:
I won't be on the East Coast this year until maybe late spring.Besides what would your wife say if I jumped out of the cake?You'd need more than a hot bath and bengay after she got done with you.You might even be singing Soprano.:costumes:

Hiede