PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy

EasyEd
November 9th, 2008, 16:02
Hey All,

Gets it done! A win at Phoenix - looks like a top 35 or 36 or so next week at Homestead will give Jimmy 3 Cups in a row.

What is with JPM? He sure is gettin over aggressive at times - basically caused 2 (turning the 5 and the 10 - not deliberately just being over aggressive) of the last 4 wrecks at Phoenix and for what reason? I like him but with that attitude he will never win a championship.

-Ed-

Cazzie
November 9th, 2008, 16:37
Lucky #$%%@^&*! :d

Yeah, he pretty much dominated in high fashion today. But it was another "boring" NASCAR race Ed. Of course, NASCAR cannot help rain delays, but the Cup races just seem to bore me to sleep because they go on so long now.

And I cannot stay up that late for the night races, except Bristol and Richmond. Charlotte is so bad, we took to calling it the 24 hours of Charlotte, both the 600 and Fall 500 race.

And who can imagine a season in which Jeff Gordon didn't win at least one race? JJ with any other crew chief would be just another driver, Chad Knaus is by a longshot the best there is in NASCAR.

Caz

EasyEd
November 9th, 2008, 19:48
Hey All,

Cazz I agree - the races are pretty long and sometimes boring so I often watch more than one thing at a time. The last two weeks it's been Bull Riding. Guilherme Marchi finally after being 2nd 3 years in a row won a world title. What a tough sport to be second in 3 years in a row!

As far as Jimmy and Chad go Caz you know it takes two just like it did with Shelmerdine and Earnhardt or Evernham and Gordon. They need to be on the same wavelength and Chad and Jimmy are. If you notice Chad and Jimmy have been together 7 years now and they will have never been out of the top 5 in points - that's a pretty good arguement for saying they are the best duo ever - and if they get 4 Cups in a row well case closed.

As for Jimmy he'd be good in any car. I think the great drivers have one key trait in common - really really good hand eye coordination - Jimmy absolutely excels at this as does Lewis Hamilton BTW - as a result Jimmy keeps the car under control. The other thing Jimmy brings to the table though is smarts - he's cool under pressure - he doesn't lose it - and he's focused - kinda like Pearson.

-Ed-

smoores
November 9th, 2008, 21:16
Nascar really proved the car of tomorrow did nothing. I've watched countless Nationwide races, and Many Cup races and have seen the same pattern since the start of Nascar: the best team wins. Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus have taken that to a whole new level. I do think the races are too long. I promised I would fix the fence today after the race and finished around 8pm. Changing them to the size of Nationwide races would be best for the sport.