PDA

View Full Version : Doolittle Raiders reunion this week

Ken Stallings
April 11th, 2010, 18:01
During this week at Wright-Patterson AFB near Dayton, Ohio, a very special reunion of the surviving Doolittle Raiders will take place. As part of the reunion, next Saturday, 17 April, around 20 airworthy B-25 bombers will land at Wright-Pat. It will be by far the largest concentration of airworthy B-25 bombers in decades.

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2010/04/ap_doolittle_raiders_reunion_041110/

There are just eight surviving members of this band of aerial brothers, and only five will be able to attend the reunion. This is a further testiment to how little time we have left to enjoy the company of these most fine men.

If you are anywhere near the Dayton, Ohio area, you owe it to yourself to partake in this reunion. These brave men are the reason why the Midway operation was launched by the Japanese. When you combine the breaking of the IJN codes, it setup the pivotal moment in the PTO.

Cheers,

Ken

Wittpilot
April 11th, 2010, 18:03
I'll be sure to post up pictures of the '25s as they start to roll in..... I will be there all evening Saturday, some of the evening Friday, and before dawn on Saturday!!!! I bet those short exhausts will glow in the early morn....
-witt