PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA vs. QuickTime.

Eoraptor1
April 11th, 2010, 15:49
I recently switched out an ATI video card for a more powerful NVIDIA card, which works very well except for playing MPEG-4 files in Quicktime, where I get a serious case of the stutters during playback. QuickTime .MOV files work fine. It's just the MPEG-4 files where I get the problem. I did some online research about the issue, and it seems this is a common problem. Both companies say it's the other developmental team's fault, and that their code is faulty. All the finger-pointing aside, I was wondering if anyone here has had this problem, and if so, what they did to solve it?

Many thanks,

JAMES

kilo delta
April 12th, 2010, 08:38
Download and install the Klite Codec pack from here.. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm .It'll easily play any file that I've thrown at it. :)

Eoraptor1
April 12th, 2010, 19:09
Download and install the Klite Codec pack from here.. http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_lite_codec_pack.htm .It'll easily play any file that I've thrown at it. :)

Thank you for answering. I'll go get the codec pack, but I'm not sure what it will do for QuickTime files. Both Apple and NVIDIA are faulting each other for this problem, which says to me neither one of them view as being particularly in their interest to fix it.

JAMES

stansdds
April 13th, 2010, 02:04
I stopped using QuickTime viewer a long time ago. I use ClassicMedia Player and the KLite codec pack.

jmig
April 13th, 2010, 04:08
I stopped using QuickTime viewer a long time ago. I use ClassicMedia Player and the KLite codec pack.

Ouuuuuuuuuuuu :d I didn't know you could do that. Now I can get rid of those weekly Apple Updates.

*he dances a little jig*

kilo delta
April 13th, 2010, 04:15
Ouuuuuuuuuuuu :d I didn't know you could do that. Now I can get rid of those weekly Apple Updates.

*he dances a little jig*

Download the full Klite pack posted above,John, it includes Media Player Classic. :)

txnetcop
April 13th, 2010, 04:22
Download the full Klite pack posted above,John, it includes Media Player Classic. :)

Yep this is awesome! Been using it for a long time. I hate Quicktime!!!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Lionheart
April 13th, 2010, 05:31
I use Quicktime and it works fine with me. Oddly I havent seen the jitters. I do have QT Pro though. I also have an ATI card as well, so that might be the issue.

Bill

safn1949
April 13th, 2010, 05:39
K lite will play just about anything.The other choice is VLC player which will even pay most damaged or partial files.:d