PDA

View Full Version : B377 Accusim in action...

GypsyBaron
November 9th, 2008, 15:20
On a flight from KABE to KNBA, 250 miles out, I lost #3.

It had been running hotter that the other 3 engines from the
first day it was installed but within limits.

I shut #3 down and feathered the prop and was able to maintain
altitude ( 26K ) until 100 miles out when I began my descent.

I had no problem maintaining desired airspeed or control on the
approach to make a safe landing on RWY 31 at Nashville.

Here are 3 screen shoots I took to 'document' the event :)

I'll be replacing that engine before I continue my flight from
KBNA to the next destination...

Paul

Tako_Kichi
November 9th, 2008, 18:05
Congratulations on the 'rare and sudden failure'! :costumes::ernae:

Scott programmed these failures to occur randomly at a rate of about once per 100 engine hours.

It was not that uncommon for the 377 to lose an engine during a flight (they were frighteningly complex engines after all) and it earned itself the reputation of being the best three-engined airliner on the Atlantic run. :icon_lol:

They also had a reputation for getting upset and throwing a prop off in temper! It must have been like flying with a temperamental two year old going through tantrums! :isadizzy:

Funnily enough I was over at the CBFS forum earlier and one of the guys there had exactly the same thing happen. It was #3 engine in that case too. :icon_lol:

Pepere
November 9th, 2008, 18:28
I can't get off the ground with out having three of my engines catch fire and I don't have accusim just the base package and the update! I must be really really lucky? Damn luck!

David

guzler
November 10th, 2008, 02:34
I can't get off the ground with out having three of my engines catch fire and I don't have accusim just the base package and the update! I must be really really lucky? Damn luck!

David

I had a flight in it yesterday. The engines were throwing out smoke, oil and alsorts. The only thing that seemed to reduce the effects was running at full power :isadizzy:

LCBORDEN
November 10th, 2008, 03:03
Hey don't stop, keep informing us of how great this accusim modelling is. I'm all a twitter expecting to find this is the next large prop airframe I need to get. Tell all of us more about how accurately you feel the flight modelling is?

Ol' jarhead :wavey:

CodyValkyrie
November 10th, 2008, 07:15
Read the manual guys! If you have specific questions, the A2A crew will be sure to help. There are a lot of reasons that may cause an engine to smoke out. Accusim is very complex.

As for not having Accusim and not running Acceleration with 377 SP1, make sure to grab the hotfix from their website. This will fix the plane up for folks who have FSX SP2 (NOT Accel) and the 377 SP1.

gajit
November 10th, 2008, 07:28

David

LOL - only 3 engines on fire - I'm never happy without them all blazing away.:redfire:

Does anyone remember that song - three wheels on my wagon and Im still rolling along .. The cherokees are after me...??

metalman739
November 10th, 2008, 07:29
I have Both packages ,plus all updates, don't use acceleration, just Sp 2, when I first started trying to get the plane to rotate and climb, it was like I'm so stupid, then I realized that there was a problem with over weight and cowl flaps, ram air, so when I opened everything up so the engines would cool right, I have been enjoying the scenery (Gen & UT X), with all the tweaking I have done in FSX and a little imagination it is pure heaven, this plane is truly a work of perfection in progress, thanx.:naturesm: