PDA

View Full Version : Have You Seen This Retro Car?

Moses03
April 10th, 2010, 10:01
I want one!

http://n2amotors.com/home.aspx

brad kaste
April 10th, 2010, 10:13
I've seen this custom '57 retro Chevy for a few years now. However, I don't know if they're truly into production with it or not. And if so,....how many they've made so far.

Willy
April 10th, 2010, 11:41
Now that's the kind of mid-life crisismobile I'd want!

Jagdflieger
April 10th, 2010, 11:41
One of my childhood friend's parents used to always get a new car every few years. I remember their 1959 Chevrolet Impala with its fins well and this creation does it justice. It had an early form of air conditioning in it. Of course on a hot day, we were usually where we were going before it cooled the car down. We were all car crazy back then and always waited to see the next year's styles come out. I haven't noticed such behavior in my kids. Probably for the better.

The first time I ever went over 100mph was in their 1962 Chevy. We went down to the airport and his dad raced it (with permission) down the runway. What a hoot.

Milton Shupe
April 10th, 2010, 12:53
Actually, the front is from a '57 and the rear is from a '59. Nice job of blending the years.

Moparmike
April 10th, 2010, 14:20
Actually, the front is from a '57 and the rear is from a '59. Nice job of blending the years.

But you missed the best part Milt...the center body styling, in particular the "door swoop" and beltline trim, is inspired by the 58. :d
(Yep, the 58 is my favorite late-50s Chevy body.)

I know they've made several...they've got a photo list of their completed ones on the website under the "Vehicles In Stock" button.
The only one I've seen any detailed pictures of besides on their website is the black & red '09 SEMA show car. This one got pretty good coverage in a couple of the street rod/custom rod mags when it was debuted.

Nice blending of styling...I'm glad to see that they are finally getting a few built.
But at around $140,000 a pop for a reskinned C6 Corvette I don't know if I'd ever spend the money for one even if I won the lottery.

Check out the Stinger too. A rework of the Stingray 'vette styling plastered onto a C6 'vette chassis.

cheezyflier
April 10th, 2010, 19:58
loooks like a boyd coddington job to me. nice car