PDA

View Full Version : Do certain colors drive you nuts?

Headwind
April 9th, 2010, 20:36
I don't know about all of you but I'm not a huge fan of "photoshop" photography if you know what I mean by that. So I do the bare minimum editing honestly, such as color corrections and the like. Every once in a while I'll take it to the extreme in photoshop but not very often.

Anyway you do you guys have certain colors that drive you bonkers trying to dail in and get it right? I know there are two or three colors that can make want to turn my camera into an expensive UFO for sure. Such as bright oranges, and yellows. Even shooting in Raw with the ability to do more to the photos it still drives me crazy...lol...

Take these for example. I tried for an hour to dail my camera in just right and just couldn't quite get there in the time frame I had today.

Panther_99FS
April 10th, 2010, 10:11
I wonder what the result would've been if shot with film...:ques:

Moparmike
April 10th, 2010, 14:27
I wonder what the result would've been if shot with film...:ques:

Depends on the film used...and the lens too.
With my K1000, I had the best luck getting true colors with Agfa and my Pentax 50mm/1.7 lens. The run of the mill Kodak film just didn't do it for me, and my 50-200 Series 1 macro/zoom both threw a bit of odd color casts onto things. My Vivitar 28mm/2.8 would throw the same "too warm" color cast on both the K1000 and my DL.

Actually, I like the color rendition on all three shots. BUT...not having seen the real thing when you snapped the pix I don't know how true they are.
What did you use for white balance? Did you do a custom WB setting, auto WB, or use one of the presets? (Me not knowing what Canon has for WB option in their bodies)

I need to get out and attack the flowers again this summer. Haven't spent much time in the garden with the camera since I went digital.

Headwind
April 10th, 2010, 17:23
Well I tried it with both the presets, and a custom and nothing was nailing it. I ended up shooting it with the shade preset and even then I had to pull almost 70 recovery in Lightroom2 which is also getting on my nerves with the auto-color crap it's pulling. On these I caught them late in the evening and behind a cloud at that time. Another photographer I know has a ton of Nikon stuff that he is selling after closing his studio here. I might see about borrowing one of the bodies and a couple of lenses to see if there is a difference.

Those shots up top are pretty close, just not so neon persay. I had to use a low color temp or they were just blown.

Kiwikat
April 10th, 2010, 17:29
Yellow and white annoy me. :wiggle: