PDA

View Full Version : youtube instructions

tigisfat
April 9th, 2010, 12:21
Can someone post detailed step by step instructions on how to embed youtube in a post? When I get it right it's on accident, and no matter what I do I can't get it right again. It doesn't make any sense to me. I used to get it right all the time when we had the youtube function in the forums that gave us the right copypaste stuff already. I don't think the new youtube function here has it, but people post videos in here all the time.

Dangerousdave26
April 9th, 2010, 13:45
Find video you want to embedd.

Like this one. youtube.com/watch?v=ycpOviMnSZI

The value after the = sign is the video number.

Using that value enclose it by youtube tags.

It will look like {youtube}ycpOviMnSZI{/youtube}

The tags should be changed from { to [

No spaces are allowed in the tags.

[YOUTUBE]ycpOviMnSZI

Navy Chief
April 9th, 2010, 13:59
And it works too! IF I can do it, anyone here can!!!

NC

Clarke123
April 9th, 2010, 14:10
Whats the difference between embedding and just using the insert video copy and paste method which is much simpler

djscoo
April 9th, 2010, 14:11
Also, a note on the anatomy of the youtube link.

Sometimes there is more info added to the end of the links after an "&" sign. Basically anything added to the end of the link behind an ampersand is extra information that is not needed. Each ampersand denotes a new peice of information being added to either the sidebar, or the video quality. You can just keep stacking information onto the links until you get something crazy long. Basically if you are having trouble finding the code to embed your video, find the first ampersand and delete all the text after it, then use the text after the equals sign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwEy4x88d0Y <--Thats all you need to put in the tags.

tigisfat
April 9th, 2010, 15:01
B4DNEZbuivc

it's still showing up as invisible.

edit: I didn't change a thing and now it's working. I don't know, maybe it's intermittent.

Dangerousdave26
April 9th, 2010, 16:18
Whats the difference between embedding and just using the insert video copy and paste method which is much simpler

That is a brand new feature in the forum software that has been available with one of the latest upgrades.

I only found out about it as I was typing the information.

djscoo
April 9th, 2010, 16:29
That is a brand new feature in the forum software that has been available with one of the latest upgrades.

I only found out about it as I was typing the information.
I just discovered it when I submitted my reply above and it automatically embedded the example link.

TomSteber
April 9th, 2010, 17:41
Thank you!
Man I was just thinking about this and I've asked this question here before and since then our site has changed and YouTube's site has changed.
So thanks again for the answer.