PDA

View Full Version : The Easiest FSX Tweak You'll Ever Find

MenendezDiego
April 8th, 2010, 20:59
It is very simple, and in my case has completely gotten rid of stutters and FPS spikes

Start a flight, any flight...

...ready?

HIT ALT!

That's it! By simply flying with the menu bar open, you will see a huge improvement in FSX.

I'm telling ya, give it a try.

Diego

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2010, 21:04
I happen to get worse fps with that menu bar showing. Windowed mode is also awful for me.

Fullscreen is the way to go for me. :salute:

MenendezDiego
April 8th, 2010, 21:04
Strange.

I go full screen with the menu bar open

Works like a dream

MCDesigns
April 8th, 2010, 21:45
I happen to get worse fps with that menu bar showing. Windowed mode is also awful for me.

yep, same here. Just goes to show, every system is different when it comes to FSX.

peter12213
April 9th, 2010, 00:08
I find the menu bar has no effect on fps either for the better or for the worse, I just normally fly in full screen with nothing open unlesss I need it! :salute:

Aviator273
April 9th, 2010, 01:04
I have an improvement, too.. but it's only 3 more frames per second... nevertheless, good to know about this little tweak. Strange i haven't noticed it yet since I open and close the bar quite often...

thanks

stansdds
April 9th, 2010, 02:01

Same here.

BOOM
April 9th, 2010, 07:35
I found this utility helped me out BIGTIME!!!
http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2493-fslabs-texture-fix-utility/

Tweek
April 9th, 2010, 13:58
I discovered the other day that windowed mode was what was holding me back. I gain a good 10FPS or more (which is a lot when it's half what you were getting before) if I go to full screen, and it's completely fluid. It must just cut out all the crap that it's trying to process with Windows Explorer and concentrate on running FSX that way.

cheezyflier
April 9th, 2010, 15:46
imo, (humble or not is for you to decide) the easiest tweak your ever gonna find for fsx, or any other sim, is this one:

http://alacritypc.kensalter.com/download.html