PDA

View Full Version : VR Simulations getting ready to release the Superbug!

SirBenn21
April 8th, 2010, 04:53
Anyone waiting should click on the link below to see the latest announcement.

http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2517&sid=f90aa16118de188979af3950b9c0ed4e

:jump:

Ben

mike_cyul
April 8th, 2010, 05:26
Looking forward to it! :)

Mike

SirBenn21
April 8th, 2010, 05:30
Looking forward to it! :)

Mike

Me Too

I just wish something this good could be integrated into something like LOMAC to really appreciate all the weapon systems in a "real" combat mission.

Ben

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2010, 05:36
This very well may be the biggest aircraft release for FSX yet...

I hope it doesn't come out till tonight... I have too much homework to fly it during the day! :frown:

MudMarine
April 8th, 2010, 05:37
Me Too

I just wish something this good could be integrated into something like LOMAC to really appreciate all the weapon systems in a "real" combat mission.

Ben

I think as time goes on FSX will get closer to what it should be, a sim that allows us to complete the same tasks as real military pilots, ie mudmoving.

Looking forward to the FSX Bug!!

Lenop
April 8th, 2010, 06:07
I do have the FS9 version that I love. But I'm afraid the FSX version will hurt my frames to much. So I'll probably wait a while. Fantastic plane though.

ryanbatc
April 8th, 2010, 07:18
Interesting - though it seem rather boring to fly a fighter jet in FSX without targets to kill....

I'd rather fly a fast bizjet. What is all the excitement about - why will this be better than the default F18?

Lenop
April 8th, 2010, 07:20
Interesting - though it seem rather boring to fly a fighter jet in FSX without targets to kill....

I'd rather fly a fast bizjet. What is all the excitement about - why will this be better than the default F18?

There will be simulated tagrgets to kill! Just like training in real life, they will show up in the aircraft's systems and you can virtually shoot them down. ALL systems will be simulated for real. Believe me, it is up to par with a commercial airliner to manage all systems!

Below something that VRS wrote themselves:
"Q: Why buy a combat aircraft for MSFS?
A: [rhetorical answer]: Why do you fly fake passengers around? Why do you press the fasten seat belt button? [serious answer]: Many have argued the merits of fully simulating a combat aircraft in MSFS without really examining what it is they enjoy most about the aircraft they do fly. "What's the point?" The usual deeply pondered and open-minded comment is "If I want to fly combat aircraft, I'll go play Falcon". The point is, managing aircraft systems in a combat aircraft can be every bit as rewarding and enjoyable, if not more so, than playing with an FMC in a commercial airliner; The systems only need to be there and be simulated as deeply and correctly! Whether you're carrying "faux" passengers or "faux" bombs really makes no difference as long as the simulation of the aircraft is robust and authentic. No other simulation, including many standalone combat simulators, have achieved the level of systems complexity and authenticity as the Superbug under MSFS. If you've been skeptical based on previous combat aircraft/toys you've purchased for MSFS, give the Superbug a try and see what you've been missing! There really IS something under the hood!

Q: Can I blow things up?
A: NO! This is an AIRCRAFT simulation, not a combat simulation. What we DO allow you to do is use the avionics to simulate the kill JUST AS WOULD OCCUR IN REAL WORLD EXERCISES. The AI aircraft can be locked up, tracked on radar and fired upon using the same methods and interfaces present in the actual F/A-18E. When the target is destroyed, it is removed from the sensors as though it never existed. The aircraft can also be shot at by mock SAM and AAA. Surrogate navigation aids can act as AAW installations, and attack and countermeasure methods can be employed to deal with them. Should the aircraft be hit, systems can and will be damaged. The user can tailor the battle system in any way they choose, even turning it off completely.

I think this answers your question. :)

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 08:07
........A: NO! This is an AIRCRAFT simulation, not a combat simulation. What we DO allow you to do is use the avionics to simulate the kill JUST AS WOULD OCCUR IN REAL WORLD EXERCISES. The AI aircraft can be locked up, tracked on radar and fired upon using the same methods and interfaces present in the actual F/A-18E. When the target is destroyed, it is removed from the sensors as though it never existed......

I like this company a lot, and they should be the example that others aspire to become. They've marketed to us without lying or stretching the truth. That goes a long way with me. :salute:

Instead of dancing for us and telling us that the Wizard of Oz is a real wizard, they are giving us a brief glimpse behind the curtain and telling us that if we enjoy Wizards, we should come to the show.

I'll go to the show anyday. Does anyone know if their previous FS2004 packs included clean versions with no stores for airshows?

Roadburner440
April 8th, 2010, 08:12
They do not have individual models for the aircraft. They have a ACM (aircraft configuration manager) that allows you to load whatever you want to your hearts content. You can load all 11 stations with weapons, or load up 5 external fuel tanks, or load up absolutely nothing at all. There are hundreds of possible combinations available, and all from 1 model.

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 09:01
They do not have individual models for the aircraft. They have a ACM (aircraft configuration manager) that allows you to load whatever you want to your hearts content. You can load all 11 stations with weapons, or load up 5 external fuel tanks, or load up absolutely nothing at all. There are hundreds of possible combinations available, and all from 1 model.

Can the pylons be removed or are they always there?

MudMarine
April 8th, 2010, 09:27
I'd rather watch paint dry than fly a bizjet or tubeliner! That's me, to each his own. I have the VRS bug and AF F/A-18 also for FS9. The diffrence is night to day between the two. I'm sure the VRS bug will be much the same next to the default 18. It's about functioning systems/realsim, can't say I care for any "default" FSX aircraft.

Akatsuki
April 8th, 2010, 09:58
Can the pylons be removed or are they always there?

Straight from the manual:

Clearing Payload:

Near the bottom-left of the screen are the Clear Payload and Clear All buttons. The Clear Payload
button will clear only the weapons on all stations. The Clear All button will clear weapons and pylons.

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 10:34
Straight from the manual:

Clearing Payload:

Near the bottom-left of the screen are the Clear Payload and Clear All buttons. The Clear Payload
button will clear only the weapons on all stations. The Clear All button will clear weapons and pylons.

Thank you very much!!

BOOM
April 8th, 2010, 12:06
Can't wait for Release!!!!!!!!!:jump:

Roadburner440
April 8th, 2010, 12:38
I think the actual wing stubs still stay on the aircraft even when you clear the entire external load though. I do not think the fairings that hold the BRU-14's are able to be removed from the aircraft as they are part of the airframe itself. Demonstration aircraft (Blue Angels) F/A-18's are specially modified by NADEP where they remove the physical attach points on the aircraft, etc. I think what Jon means by pylons is the adapters and such for all of the weapons. I could be mistaken. I will definately be sure to let everyone know once I have the aircraft in hand and can clarify 100%.

Tweek
April 8th, 2010, 13:53
Much prefer the F/A-18A/C, and I don't care too much for systems depth, but I still consider this a must have. Getting paid in the morning, so this release should coincide nicely!

PRB
April 8th, 2010, 14:15
I think the actual wing stubs still stay on the aircraft even when you clear the entire external load though. I do not think the fairings that hold the BRU-14's are able to be removed from the aircraft as they are part of the airframe itself. Demonstration aircraft (Blue Angels) F/A-18's are specially modified by NADEP where they remove the physical attach points on the aircraft, etc. I think what Jon means by pylons is the adapters and such for all of the weapons. I could be mistaken. I will definately be sure to let everyone know once I have the aircraft in hand and can clarify 100%.

I have the FS9 Super Bug, but I don't have access to my FS computer right now, but I thought you could configure the plane with or without the pylons themselevs, the SUU-78/79/80 pylons. Not 100% sure, but I think josquin is correct.

SirBenn21
April 8th, 2010, 17:41
:kilroy:

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2010, 18:42
Are we there yet?

stovall
April 8th, 2010, 18:48
Nope, the projected time of release is 11:59 and 32 seconds Pacific Time. Seriously several have told Jon no hurry if that helps the release but he is steadfast that it will be on the 8th of April. Hang in there, I am watching my receipt every now and then to see if the upload shows up.

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2010, 18:49
I am watching my receipt every now and then to see if the upload shows up.

Only every now and then? My F5 button is getting a nice workout! :wiggle:

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 18:52
Oh god, I've wanted this for so long. I'm getting excited thinking about it.

How much will it be?

The weapons are going to be great and all, but I'm imagining myself doing the loaded rolls and pirouettes.

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2010, 18:54
How much will it be?

I guess 45 or 50. I paid 37 for prerelease...

They could charge 30 bucks more and it would be worth every penny.

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 19:12
What's the difference between hitting F5 and hitting CTRL+F5?

AckAck
April 8th, 2010, 19:27
F5 refreshes the page, Ctrl+F5 clears cache? Probably depends on which version of which browser you are using.

Wait: From IE8 help:

<table class="table" summary="Table describing shortcuts used to view and explore webpages"><tbody><tr class="row"> <td class="entry"> Refresh the current webpage
</td> <td class="entry"> F5
</td></tr> <tr class="row"> <td class="entry"> Refresh the current webpage, even if the time stamp for the web version and your locally stored version are the same
</td> <td class="entry"> Ctrl+F5
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Firefox is similar.

Brian

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 19:29
F5 refreshes the page, Ctrl+F5 clears cache? Probably depends on which version of which browser you are using.

Wait: From IE8 help:

<TABLE class=table summary="Table describing shortcuts used to view and explore webpages"><TBODY><TR class=row><TD class=entry>Refresh the current webpage

</TD><TD class=entry>F5

</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=entry>Refresh the current webpage, even if the time stamp for the web version and your locally stored version are the same

</TD><TD class=entry>Ctrl+F5

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Firefox is similar.

Brian

good show, suh.:applause:

I feel like we're camped out in front of a huge movie release or something.

fsafranek
April 8th, 2010, 20:10
While you're all waiting you might run down the checklist on their forum and make sure you have all the pre-requisite software installed. Beats staring at a clock.

http://vrsimulations.com/forums/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2517&sid=f90aa16118de188979af3950b9c0ed4e
:ernae:

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 20:16
while we wait:

http://www.youtube.com/v/QO4RKVwHmHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true">http://www.youtube.com/v/QO4RKVwHmHg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO4RKVwHmHg

</EMBED>