PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer just won't connect!!!!!

letsgetrowdy
April 8th, 2010, 02:18
Hi guys,

In light of the recent disscussion about multiplayer Wabird Activities I've tried to connect to Gamespy, which it does, and finds all my sessions. Then when I press connect, it simply says "connecting" in a pop-up until time-out and just won't connect. I've re-installed FSX fairly recently, and when I did so it said to me on Gamespy "trust or block" in another pop-up, but being a thick idiot I clicked on block. I do havre good interbet connection and have played FSX multiplayer a fair bit in the past. I will do anything NOT to re-install FSX again, as I've just all my planes/repaints/scenery onboard. I don't know what else I can do to get it to connect,
I've tried; yelling at it, smacking the monitor, banging my fist on the desk and gritting my teeth, but none of that seems to work so far :icon_lol:

Sorry for being the pain in the neck, the guy with all the computer problems, but I'd love to hear from anyone who's had similar problems.

Regards

Kowalski65
April 8th, 2010, 03:11
Im completely useless when it comes to PCs, but maybe you can change it in your Firewall settings.Search "Allow a program to communicate through Windows Firewall" on the help centre,and that prompts you on how to allow stuff to get through the firewall(I think)

Of course I may be completely wrong (I often am)

Txmmy83
April 8th, 2010, 03:18
gamespy and FSX :a1310:
sometimes login work then sometime it kick you without any reasonable cause but that what you report is a new issue

I dont use it for multiplayer since SOH has a FSHOST Server

I can only suggest that we make our warbird flight via SOH FS Host Server

BR
Tom

letsgetrowdy
April 8th, 2010, 03:52
Pardon my ignorance, but what is SOH FS Host Server?

DeltaHotel
April 8th, 2010, 04:07
If this is of any help to you:

FSX can be a bear to get Multiplayer connected. Most issues are simply down to Firewall and or Router - In the case of Firewall then either software (Windows, Norton **Spits** or something similar) or hardware (Router etc).

FSX requires these ports to be open on your Internet Router: 2300-2400, 6073, 23456, these are UDP not TCP.

Also a little known buggaboo can be when you first enter the Multiplayer setup screen where you choose either Gamespy or LAN (Peer to Peer) click on the Network Settings tab at the bottom of the screen, where it say "Host Settings" simply enter 6073 in both port range boxes.

Personally I always fly Peer to Peer simply because I know and trust the people I fly with. Gamespy can be awkward in so much that you don't know the people you might fly with there and you cannot rely on them to fly the way you want or would expect. P2P is also the most stable and satisfying. FSHost is a terrific program, I have used it since day one BUT it has drawbacks, having not used it in FSX I obviously cannot pass comment on its stability nor Multiplayer performance, in FS2004 I remember it being very "Jerky" when you tried to fly a semblance of Formation, FSInn was a revelation.

SimOutHouse runs an FSHost server. A PC that is online presumably 24/7 running the FSHost Software. To connect to the server you would need to download the client and run it alongside FSX so that you could connect to the SoH server and fly with all the other people who use it.

Hope this helps.

:salute:

letsgetrowdy
April 8th, 2010, 04:28
Thanks DeltaHotel,

I think it must be a problem with my firewall, as I'm having no luck with the alternative range box numbers.
I think that the box I was first faced with with "allow or block" was really my key to failure. I'm still getting a box that says "trying to connect" with out ever connecting. bit of a pain in the neck really.

Snuffy
April 8th, 2010, 05:11
You are more apt to get a quicker answer and solution to your problems, here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.net/forum/forum.php

Kiwikat
April 8th, 2010, 05:27
Most of the group's flights will be held on FS Host. Gamespy is just too much of a hassle to use. When we want to practice tight formations, it is necessary though.

Yesterday four of us got together and did a B-17 formation. A video and some screenshots from the flight should be appearing s**n.

Lewis-A2A
April 8th, 2010, 12:14
For none American flyers you need to log in at a quiet time of the day and change rooms straight away to bush flying or some such.

Then log out.

Now each time you log on you will connect to a quite room and dont get kicked.

:ernae:

FAC257
April 8th, 2010, 13:19
Lewis

That's the trick I had to use over on this side also.

Once I had it set up like that the first time, reconnecting was almost as easy as using the FSHost servers.

FAC

Lotus
April 8th, 2010, 13:26
In addition to Lewis' suggestion, if you can't even log in long enough to change your default lobby out of Free Flight (which is impossible to connect to 90% of the time), you can change it in your FSX.cfg.

Close FSX. Load up the cfg, and change...

DefaultLobby="Free Flight"

to

DefaultLobby="Adventures"

That entry is near the bottom of the file. You should be able to log in without issue then, and jump to the other lobbies as much as you like, just as long as you stay away from the Free Flight lobby. ;) If you end up in there accidentally again and get booted, just rinse and repeat.

Good luck.

-Mike

Txmmy83
April 8th, 2010, 15:33
thanks for the tip Lewis & Lotus:jump:

BR
Tom