A old bird be put back together

http://projects.daytondailynews.com/cache/galleries/News/Local/040610b25bomber/

Enjoy

Snuffy
April 8th, 2010, 03:07
That's where Witt is .... Isn't it?

lifejogger
April 8th, 2010, 04:02
That is one clean looking work area, I bet those engines do not have any oil in them or they would have large pans under the engines to catch the drips. Looks like the restoration is just about complete.

HouseHobbit
April 8th, 2010, 05:04
They are going to be flying Friday and Saturday..(Formation flying)

Wittpilot
April 8th, 2010, 16:23
That's where Witt is .... Isn't it?

Sure is Snuffy... That hangar is where we painted that new mural, and that B-25 will have some new noseart soon!

However, that B-25 is not a current restoration. More like a major overhaul. They sent an engine out and while they did that, they did a lot of other work and every time they would fix something, they found something else that needed fixed. Unfortunately, I will be shocked if it gets to fly next week. For anyone that is not aware, we are having the B-25's for the Doolittle Reunion stage themselves at our airport. We expect around 20 B-25's and a few "little friends" possibly! It is going to be big.. and I will be sure to post the photos here!

Lifejogger, let me know if you'd like to see more pics of the B-25...

-Witt

Curtis P40
April 9th, 2010, 17:31
Hey Witt, if you've got more pics of the B-25, I'd like to see them. Also planning on going to the Doolittle Reunion. As I understand it, the mass fly over isn't until Sunday. That will sure make for a long day plus travel time for me.lol Sure looks like Urbana might be the place to go?

Sorry Househobbit, didn't mean to jump on your thread. Just hate to miss 20 or so B-25's in formation. Live
Curt:kilroy:

Wittpilot
April 9th, 2010, 17:38
The way I understand it is.... the B-25's will fly to the museum in Dayton in mass on Saturday morning. They will fly back in a large group sometime Sunday afternoon... This is all weather dependent. I believe the weather has to be close to perfect for them to land at the museum. It's a short field and if the grass is wet they won't come at all... I guess something about parking them on the wet ground... If weather makes it a 'no go', then they will have a lot of the ceremonies at Grimes I think.

-witt

Curtis P40
April 9th, 2010, 17:48
Thanks for the heads -up, Witt. Ive got my order in for good weather...
Curt

lifejogger
April 12th, 2010, 11:07
!

Lifejogger, let me know if you'd like to see more pics of the B-25...

-Witt

I sure would like to see more pics of the B-25. As a long time member of the CAF I love to see the old warbirds being restored. I spent many an hour helping restore the CAF's B-17G Texas Radiers

Wittpilot
April 12th, 2010, 16:46
I sure would like to see more pics of the B-25. As a long time member of the CAF I love to see the old warbirds being restored. I spent many an hour helping restore the CAF's B-17G Texas Radiers

If you spent some timem restoring Texas Raiders, have you followed their recent restoration? There has been a thread over on another forum detailing a little bit about her return to the air after a long hiatus.

lifejogger
April 12th, 2010, 18:59
If you spent some timem restoring Texas Raiders, have you followed their recent restoration? There has been a thread over on another forum detailing a little bit about her return to the air after a long hiatus.

I was a part of that restoration until the company I work for transferred me out of Houston 2 and a half years ago, I was the B-17 finance officer paying the bills plus working on the plane. I was so glad when she got back in the air because it had been almost 10 years since the last time she flew. I wish I could have been there to see her take off.