PDA

View Full Version : Now finally FSX cuts a big notch!!!!!

gera
April 7th, 2010, 17:15
One think I alwas disliked about FS9 or FSX was the "Rock solid in the rails flying" that is....let go of the controls and the plane flies as if on rails. I flew for 16 years almost everyday my Cherokee and sure you can do that for a minute or so but the rest of the time you have to hold the controls for the air is nothing like rails. It moves the aircraft in various ways, up down, sideways etc......anyway that is over and since the following software works so well and really gives a flying sensation to your FSX plane I encourage you'll to check it out.....its called
"EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) ", as a bonus you get a pretty fancy camera to fool around and get all kind of vistas from and in your plane......http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

:icon32:

tigisfat
April 7th, 2010, 17:18
One think I alwas disliked about FS9 or FSX was the "Rock solid in the rails flying" that is....let go of the controls and the plane flies as if on rails. I flew for 16 years almost everyday my Cherokee and sure you can do that for a minute or so but the rest of the time you have to hold the controls for the air is nothing like rails. It moves the aircraft in various ways, up down, sideways etc......anyway that is over and since the following software works so well and really gives a flying sensation to your FSX plane I encourage you'll to check it out.....its called
"EZdok Camera Addon (EZCA) ", as a bonus you get a pretty fancy camera to fool around and get all kind of vistas from and in your plane......http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ezdockcam

:icon32:

If you leave real world weather on, you get a nice realistic mix over time of stable and unstable air. I've found weather in-sim that will rock a 747's world.

I've got quite a few hours in Cherokees and Warriors myself. There's been times where I didn't have to touch anything except gentle nudges on the rudders for hours at a time. On a stable day, you should be able to fly instrument approaches in a Cherokee almost hands off.

Do you leave your weather off or something?

gera
April 7th, 2010, 17:45
I always use weather, never fly without it, its not real. Sure, about flying for hours without touching the controls But you always feel the air!!!! or you are a stiff (dead)!!!!....with the gadget I am talking about you will be surprised how real it shakes and rocks!!!!!....

Bjoern
April 7th, 2010, 18:04
Ugh, for 35 bucks, I'll stick to FSX's default camera which might not react to every bump, but does th trick well enough.

Btw: Heya Gera, long time no see! :wavey: :ernae:

harleyman
April 7th, 2010, 18:13
Yea...Where have you ben Gera????

Good to see you back...still building all those killer missions?

stiz
April 7th, 2010, 18:15
i got it as well, its a fantastic addon! (i had to tune the effects down though, felt a bit sick :icon_lol:)

If you leave real world weather on, you get a nice realistic mix over time of stable and unstable air. I've found weather in-sim that will rock a 747's world

Its got nothing to do with the weather whatsoever :)

iqGrk5Nzbvc&hl</EMBED>

NOTE:- It doesnt work with trackir

txnetcop
April 7th, 2010, 18:49
Looks pretty good to me...now accepting donations LOL
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

CG_1976
April 7th, 2010, 19:29
Does this work with Windows 7 64?

gajit
April 7th, 2010, 21:59
I might get it as some of those products that have c%&p VCs would look better if they were shaking!! :jump:

limjack
April 7th, 2010, 22:16
Your right stiz, i was getting a bit wooozy just looking at the vid. Nice product though, I may have to invest in it down the road.

Jim

rwmarth
April 7th, 2010, 22:21
too bad no trackir with it.... Well cross that one off for me.

warchild
April 7th, 2010, 22:51
I remember my very first introductory flight in a cherokee.. mind you, i'm terrified of both heights and bad mechanics, so when the pilot rotated and during the climb set the trim and took his hands off the yoke so he could fiddle with his kneeboard, i about **** and died.. but the plane kept going, hands free, into an offshore wind. i cant tell you how long he had his hands off the yoke.. however long it was, it was too long.. nice thing was that as soon as he let me hold the yoke, i was ok.. well, till it was time to land and we followed a cessna in.. he cut the throttle and was weaving back and forth to slow us down.. we "glided" in for the landing.. i have never been so glad to have my feet on the ground as i was on that day, but the cherokee flew wonderfully..

peter12213
April 8th, 2010, 03:42
I wouldn't mind seeing some video's on this addon like a before and after!

Tweek
April 8th, 2010, 04:00

I'm willing to bet that default with TrackIR is more realistic than EZDok without TrackIR.

No sale.

Snave
April 8th, 2010, 05:01
I'm willing to bet that default with TrackIR is more realistic than EZDok without TrackIR.

No sale.

Seems to me they do two completely different things.
Track IR represents the pilots viewpoint in a virtual cockpit.
EZDOK represents a hand-held cameras point of view of the inside of a plane.

It will look real to anyone whose sole experience of flying in GA s through a camera lens. The You Tubers will love it!:wiggle:

Better weather resolves the problem of `on rails`.

stiz
April 8th, 2010, 05:12
I wouldn't mind seeing some video's on this addon like a before and after!

watch the youtube video i posted above :mixedsmi:

gera
April 8th, 2010, 08:10
Like stiz says, itīs got nothing to do with weather.......:salute:

gera
April 8th, 2010, 08:14
Ugh, for 35 bucks, I'll stick to FSX's default camera which might not react to every bump, but does th trick well enough.

Btw: Heya Gera, long time no see! :wavey: :ernae:

Hi Bjoern, are you still in that ghost town???:kilroy::kilroy:, good to see ya, same to Harleyman, I have been all over and yep, I keep pumping flights and Missions...

jetstreamsky
April 8th, 2010, 08:51
I'm not sure about the TRACKIR issue, the EDZOK seems to be a suite of modules for different aspects of camera control. If it's sufficiently configurable, the elements like shake and bump on landing would be really beneficial, but if it's tied to view angles and panning, then it's a no go.

Dangerous Beans
April 8th, 2010, 10:13
You can get a similar effect by playing with the numbers of the [DynamicHeadMovement] section of the FSX.cfg
and it will still work with TrackIR

dswo
April 8th, 2010, 10:23
You can get a similar effect by playing with the numbers of the [DynamicHeadMovement] section of the FSX.cfg and it will still work with TrackIR

Are there some numbers here that you like?

Dangerous Beans
April 8th, 2010, 10:31
Not at the moment, I did play about with them some time ago but have them at the default on my current install.

Save that section to a txt file so you can go back if necessary and start tweaking see what you can come up with

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 10:32
Thanks for the video link, that doesn't look half bad.

Shylock
April 8th, 2010, 12:11
Guess thats how it would look from a bobble heads perspective...:wiggle:

peter12213
April 8th, 2010, 12:21
Thanks Stiz I'm going to buy this I think it looks cool and something different as I don't use track IR :salute:

Alan_A
April 8th, 2010, 12:36
Seems to me they do two completely different things.
Track IR represents the pilots viewpoint in a virtual cockpit.
EZDOK represents a hand-held cameras point of view of the inside of a plane.

It will look real to anyone whose sole experience of flying in GA s through a camera lens. The You Tubers will love it!:wiggle:

Better weather resolves the problem of `on rails`.

That's right - though EZDOK's handheld camera manages to capture some of the subjective feel of turbulence in a light aircraft. The effect is exaggerated but what it's basically doing is translating seat-of-the-pants (and inner ear) sensations into visuals, which offsets the fact that you're sitting on a chair at a desk. It's art, not science - or verisimilitude, not reality. In a similar way, the A2A Cub gives you the sensation of wind in the cabin when you open the door or windows through clever use of sound.

Unfortunately, I'm addicted to TrackIR, so I can't enjoy EZDOK.

Will have to try playing with the dynamic head movement numbers.

Dangerous Beans
April 8th, 2010, 14:56
Just for fun try these numbers in the fsx.cfg

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.040000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.100000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=1.010000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-1.100000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=1.100000
MaxHeadAngle=6.000000
MaxHeadOffset=1.300000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=2.000000

(DONT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR CFG FIRST)

There very exaggerated but will give you an idea of what's possible, IMO they look very similar to the comparison video.
There fun in a small GA like the A2A cub but would be totally unrealistic in a tube like 747.

Alan_A
April 9th, 2010, 16:24
Re: EZDok and Track IR - just came across this post (http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=34072&PID=197507#197507). Maybe reason to be hopeful about a solution.

Bjoern
April 10th, 2010, 13:43
Hi Bjoern, are you still in that ghost town???:kilroy::kilroy:

Yep, and that isn't gonna change for the next few years. Getting a master's degree thrown at you for relatively little effort is a nice argument...

I have been all over and yep, I keep pumping flights and Missions...

I've seen some of your recent missions on Flightsim.com. Good to see you're still in business. :d

tigisfat
April 10th, 2010, 15:47
I'd still stick with track IR for formation flight.

tracyq144
April 11th, 2010, 12:55
Forgive me if I am dense, but is it possible to toggle between TIR viewing and this EZDock while on the fly? The only reason I would want EZD (but it is a BIG reason) would be for the outside views. (If FSX had a "flyby" view, I would be a Happy Camper, but alas...)

:kilroy:

tracyq144
April 11th, 2010, 13:00
i got it as well, its a fantastic addon! (i had to tune the effects down though, felt a bit sick :icon_lol:)

Its got nothing to do with the weather whatsoever :)

Gads, that I definitely don't need!

gajit
April 11th, 2010, 14:02
(If FSX had a "flyby" view, I would be a Happy Camper, but alas...)

It does - well mine does

peter12213
April 11th, 2010, 14:10
How do you mean flyby, like the tower view? or a mid air one?

gajit
April 11th, 2010, 14:15
Hi Peter Have you bought EZDock? I did and am now getting used to setting up everything. Still more to refine.

peter12213
April 11th, 2010, 14:41
No I downloaded the installer then saw the price lol, I'm going to wait a while to make sure I won't leave myself short, I've spent so much recently on addon's plus I just had to shell out to get my PC fixed after that virus attack I had last week! I'm definately going to get it though it looks amazing! Let me know what you think of it though mate, I know who to ask about setting it up when I do eventually buy it now too!

tracyq144
April 11th, 2010, 14:45
How do you mean flyby, like the tower view? or a mid air one?

Talking about a mid air one.

jetstreamsky
April 11th, 2010, 16:27
both are available in FSX, use the 'a' key to get to subset views

tracyq144
April 11th, 2010, 17:03
both are available in FSX, use the 'a' key to get to subset views

!! Will try, learn something new everyday.

gajit
April 11th, 2010, 22:03
No I downloaded the installer then saw the price lol, I'm going to wait a while to make sure I won't leave myself short, I've spent so much recently on addon's plus I just had to shell out to get my PC fixed after that virus attack I had last week! I'm definately going to get it though it looks amazing! Let me know what you think of it though mate, I know who to ask about setting it up when I do eventually buy it now too!

Its got a lot of good features - just being able to jump from preset veiws from inside and out at the touch of a key or mouse button is just great - no more "s" and "a" repeating. The effects are great of course.

Whether i will bother to set it up on every aircraft - I doubt it. (Bit like A2A's excellent 3D lights) I really enjoy the effects whilst flying the Flight Replica Super Cub.

My view is that if you can wait for it to be in a Sale then hold on - it is overpriced really.

roger-wilco-66
April 11th, 2010, 23:51
I use the FSX built in head bopper and for camera views a nifty little freeware tool called "wheelcam".
I don't know if that is compatible with TrackIR though, since I don't have that (yet).

Cheers,
Mark

Navy Chief
April 12th, 2010, 03:44
I bought EZDOK a few weeks ago, but haven't toyed with it yet.

Is it difficult to set up?

Thanks.

NC

gajit
April 12th, 2010, 06:54
I bought EZDOK a few weeks ago, but haven't toyed with it yet.

Is it difficult to set up?

Thanks.

NC

Hi NC - I had a quick look at the instructions (but got bored LOL) so just played around with all the settings and started to get the hang of it very quick by trial and error. The great thing is that you cant really ruin anything within FSX and you can switch the whole thing off or start again on each aircraft you create settings for.

Regards GJ

Alan_A
April 12th, 2010, 08:13
Forgive me if I am dense, but is it possible to toggle between TIR viewing and this EZDock while on the fly? The only reason I would want EZD (but it is a BIG reason) would be for the outside views. (If FSX had a "flyby" view, I would be a Happy Camper, but alas...)

Sort of. You can use TrackIR in mouse look mode and toggle between them by activating mouse look. But that doesn't give you full-featured TrackIR.

I'm hopeful that the EZDok author can find a way to get them working together - will try to keep an eye on that.

CL19O1
April 12th, 2010, 09:01
I wouldn't even consider loading up FSX without TrackIR. To me that would be like flying a real plane in a strait jacket with a bag over my head. I just got nervous thinking about it. I would buy this right now if it were 100% compatible.

stiz
April 12th, 2010, 09:19

you can enable and disable it with a single button whilst flying, so i should think that you should be able to switch between em.

dswo
April 12th, 2010, 11:26
The only reason I would want EZD (but it is a BIG reason) would be for the outside views.

That is how I feel too. Wish we had some videos to show what is possible (and say: you get the effect you are seeing now by setting up x type of camera).

gera
April 12th, 2010, 11:38
This is truly a great and very well programmed addon. You can "modify" all movements to your heart content. Modifications can be made big or small to aircraft on ground and on the air. You can do almost anything with the camera and assign specific locations to any key making it a snap to move to a different vew point. If you have a "hat" button on your yoke or stick you can also assign 360 degree movement to it. As I posted before I believe that after using and tuning it to your liking you will never do without it. :kilroy: