PDA

View Full Version : Just Flight Conney?

TeiscoDelRay
April 7th, 2010, 14:58
Hi, does anyone have this Conney? I am interested but would like to get an owner report,
Thanks,
Paul

peter12213
April 7th, 2010, 15:56
Very frame heavy on lower spec systems!

Gdavis101
April 7th, 2010, 16:24
I like it, but after using the B377 with Accusim you tend to almost want an Accusim Connie too.

Kiwikat
April 7th, 2010, 17:47
I like it, but after using the B377 with Accusim you tend to almost want an Accusim Connie too.

Almost? An Accusim Connie would be a dream!!! :monkies:

Gdavis101
April 7th, 2010, 21:09
Agreed!!

TeiscoDelRay
April 7th, 2010, 21:34
Yes we would all like an Accusim Connie but I really need to know about this one before I make a purchasse.

tigisfat
April 8th, 2010, 09:03
I would pass. There are freeware Connies that are almost as good. For your money, I'd get one of the other propliners such as the B377 or even get the Accusim B-17.

RyanJames170
April 8th, 2010, 09:11
if this is the one i think it is the VC is not as good as you would hope for FSX.. its kinda more of a FS9 grade.

bazzar
April 8th, 2010, 14:30
and precisely how do you arrive at that conclusion?

Since its release, Constellation has won numerous consumer and magazine awards, awarded the PC Pilot Classic award and is, some six months later, still at number 5 in JF's best seller list.

Hope that helps a little TDR.

Roger
April 8th, 2010, 14:52
The JF Connie is the only FsX native Connie!
I don't mind port-overs but if you want FsX native get the JF one.

bazzar
April 8th, 2010, 14:59
Hi Roger, how's it hanging?

Thanks for that, I should have mentioned that point.:engel016:

Roger
April 8th, 2010, 15:08
Hi Baz,
I'm good and you? Any clues as to what's next out of the stable?

bazzar
April 8th, 2010, 15:18
We are building quite a few things at present, which are keeping us very busy with little time for beer. These include the P180II Avanti for WIlco, (release imminent). As to the others my lips are sealed by order but expect around 12 new releases for FSX , including one for FS9 this year and some very exciting developments and excursions for us...:engel016:

Roger
April 8th, 2010, 15:22
Good to see you're keeping busy m8:ernae:

roger-wilco-66
April 8th, 2010, 23:02
I would pass. There are freeware Connies that are almost as good. For your money, I'd get one of the other propliners such as the B377 or even get the Accusim B-17.

I second that. I skipped that one, too. Mainly because of the texture quality, and also because I'm spoiled by Accusim. Now, if I was a die hard Conny fan it would still be a must, but there are other nice aircraft to be flown (e.g. aforementioned A2A Accusim B-17).

Cheers,
Mark

TeiscoDelRay
April 9th, 2010, 07:43
I did buy it and like it very much, the vc is fantastic. The textures are ok but they wanted to make it look used and made them darker and stained. Textures can be changed so that does not bother me. In fact I am going to play with the black vc and try a grey panel out today,,maybe a green one.

The plane flies like one would expect a large propliner to fly. I found landing it very easy as it comes down when you let off power and does not float around up there like some do.

It is hard on frame rates but that is because of the very detailed vc. I had to tweak FSX a bit more to get smooth rates when using the vc at night with all lights on. I only have a dual core and think FSX really needs a quad core to run well.

Maybe I am easy to please or maybe because I used to build models for flight sims and paint them I know the work and what it takes to make something like this so the price was right. For me this is the best Connie so far.

Moses03
April 9th, 2010, 09:16
We are building quite a few things at present, which are keeping us very busy with little time for beer. These include the P180II Avanti for WIlco, (release imminent). As to the others my lips are sealed by order but expect around 12 new releases for FSX , including one for FS9 this year and some very exciting developments and excursions for us...:engel016:

Great to hear Bazz.

Hope that Ercoupe is still in the pipeline somewhere.:wiggle:

Moses

bazzar
April 9th, 2010, 14:46
Glad you like her TDR and thanks for making the choice. A lot of work went into the package and she has been checked out by quite a few ex-crew and pilots of the real thing when compiling the VC and the flight files.If you do make any other textures , contact JF as I know they'd be delighted to have them. Yes we like a bit of weathering in our productions, I think it adds character to the experience. I've "flown"the Connie for many a mile now and still get a buzz out of the handling. Very difficult to achieve with such aircraft. As you say, a lot keep floating up there with flaps down but the Connie was controllable down to the deck and really was a delight to fly apparently.One of these days/nights I'm going to grab some beers and try a transatlantic run. That should be a blast!

Hi Moses,

Well the 12 don't include the Ercoupe as we are currently reserving her for our own release through AH.
She's the same standard as the P51D we did for Flight 1. It'll be interesting to see how people get on with the combined rudder/aileron control. I know the later ones were produced with conventional yokes but I like the quirkiness of the car steering wheel approach. It's quite tricky to model correctly as we wanted to retain the autorudder option in FS so that turn and slip work correctly. For such a simple aeroplane it has its headaches for us devs! Yep, I shall say it...coming sooooooon....:engel016:

Moses03
April 10th, 2010, 10:20
Rgr soonish on the Coupe. Thanks for the update.