PDA

View Full Version : Small diesel engine...

empeck
April 7th, 2010, 10:12
OK, I had to...

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QVJjWcMEqXE/S6kseuLv_gI/AAAAAAAABbA/MnWJWDvSi_c/render_01.jpg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_QVJjWcMEqXE/S6kses6zasI/AAAAAAAABbE/ok_2HbOCOoE/s640/render_02.jpg

:kilroy:

Henry
April 7th, 2010, 10:16
a Little shunter excellent
H

Gramps
April 7th, 2010, 12:24
that's some damn fine modelin skills your showin there!!

empeck
April 7th, 2010, 23:47

Lionheart
April 8th, 2010, 02:19
Excellent work on the radiused edges of the windows Empeck.

I would be very interested to know how you did the renderings. I am new to the Max world and anxious to learn how to create renderings.

Bill

txnetcop
April 8th, 2010, 09:28
Empeck that is absolutely fantastic!
Ted

empeck
April 8th, 2010, 09:38

Bill - this setup is very simple. Press F10, on Advanced Lighting enable Light Tracer, you may leave default settings. Now put Skylight into your scene - Create -> Lights on right panel. Press F9 to render picture.

Lionheart
April 8th, 2010, 16:52

Bill - this setup is very simple. Press F10, on Advanced Lighting enable Light Tracer, you may leave default settings. Now put Skylight into your scene - Create -> Lights on right panel. Press F9 to render picture.

Thanks Empeck.

Just tried it out and it looks nothing like your quality, lol.. I have a lot to learn about Max.

Again, great work on that Engine. Really nice modelling.

Snuffy
April 8th, 2010, 17:57
so is that 3d max?

empeck
April 8th, 2010, 20:17
It's more complicated :)

It was modelled in Softimage XSI (my favourite 3d application), but rendered in 3dsMAX demo. I was curious how new MAX look. Still don't like it ;)

Lionheart
April 9th, 2010, 02:06
Interesting... I would think you to be a Max person..

I still want to try Lightwave. I remember the video tutorials years ago. Seemed like such an amazing 3D design system.

I may have to just check out SoftImage...

Bill

Snuffy
April 9th, 2010, 03:11
It's more complicated :)

It was modelled in Softimage XSI (my favourite 3d application), but rendered in 3dsMAX demo. I was curious how new MAX look. Still don't like it ;)

You trying to tell me someone makes a software package that's more complicated than AutoDESK?? LOL!! I don't believe it.

empeck
April 9th, 2010, 03:14
Situation is complicated, not program ;)

BTW, Softimage is a property of Autodesk too ;)

Snuffy
April 9th, 2010, 03:17
Situation is complicated, not program ;)

BTW, Softimage is a property of Autodesk too ;)

Yeah I just went and checked the softimage .... and found out it was Autodesk ... LOL!!

That would explain it then as to why its more complicated. :bump: