PDA

View Full Version : Has everyone heard the good news from Jesus Altuve?

6297J
April 7th, 2010, 09:32
:engel016:

http://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/2493-fslabs-texture-fix-utility/

and here

http://www.forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?showtopic=34024&pid=220488&st=0&#entry220488

I'm a natural skeptic and to be honest I have no real complaints about how my FSX runs but the more adventurous among you might like to give this a try!
If it works then thankyou er, Mr Altuve ;)

Roger
April 7th, 2010, 10:18
Yes I read through it this lunch time and it seems interesting. Evidently in it's basic form it makes FsX use the GPU as much as the CPU but the details take some understanding.

I believe this earlier thread points to the same tweak http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=34446

warchild
April 7th, 2010, 12:21
welllllll, lets give it a try and see what happens.. not that i ever have any problems with textures other than slow loading sometimes, but, what the hell.. :)..

6297J
April 7th, 2010, 12:36
Sorry, I've just seen the other thread - http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=34446

I wasn't aware that texture loading could be a problem with FSX either and I've certainly never experienced it so I will hold off until somebody can convince me that Jesus's tweak makes a big difference to my life in other ways.

kilo delta
April 7th, 2010, 12:49
I just did a double take when I spotted this thread earlier from the forums homepage.....

Childish, I know....but it made me smile a little bit. No offence intended 6297J!!! :)

6297J
April 7th, 2010, 12:56
None taken :)

Did you think I'd had a 'Road to Damascus' overnight? :icon_lol:

I'm sure the post has already been reported but it's not my fault the guy is called Jesus!

Anyway - as I said previously, there is already a running thread about the 'fix' and I am really very curious to see if it makes a big difference to those having texture problems. I just don't think I'm one of them.

gajit
April 7th, 2010, 13:02
Im not using no Witchcraft on my FSX :pop4:

BOOM
April 7th, 2010, 13:16
@ Kilo Delta,Thanks for a good laugh!!!!:jump:

warchild
April 7th, 2010, 13:39
OK, i'm slow. took me a while to put "Jesus" and "good news" together.. I'm a Buddhist.. heh.. ANYWAY.. I just tried it.. External chase plane view is definately more stable now with less momentary freezes, textures load in quite a bit faster and the sim over all does seem to run smoother.. it's going to be a great aid to me in my work. of that i'm positive.. He did a great job.. i would warn though that it worked well on "MY" machine.. everyones machines are different. make backups before you use it and you should be pleasantly surprised..

CG_1976
April 7th, 2010, 13:42
Darn these tweeks have my FSX running smooth no stutter and no texture loss in the VC or skeleton:jump::jump:.

txnetcop
April 7th, 2010, 14:05
None taken :)

Did you think I'd had a 'Road to Damascus' overnight? :icon_lol:

I'm sure the post has already been reported but it's not my fault the guy is called Jesus!

Anyway - as I said previously, there is already a running thread about the 'fix' and I am really very curious to see if it makes a big difference to those having texture problems. I just don't think I'm one of them.

NO I didn't but that's funny anyway!!! That does look interesting
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

doublecool
April 7th, 2010, 14:14
Hopefully a quick question

The fsx.cfg file is located where? in a Vista 64 OS

Thanks for the heads up on this :salute:

Got it!!!

spotlope
April 7th, 2010, 14:15
I actually have suffered from some of the problems this tweak is supposed to fix, so I'll be very interested to see how they work. Sadly (or happily), the disappearing parts/textures problem is intermittent for me, so it'll be a while before I can pronounce my system cured. Still, in early testing, things are looking up.

warchild
April 7th, 2010, 14:26
Hopefully a quick question

The fsx.cfg file is located where? in a Vista 64 OS

Thanks for the heads up on this :salute:

C:\users\(user name)\app data\roaming\microsoft\fsx

doublecool
April 7th, 2010, 14:54
"It also allows the rebuilding of the FSX Shader cache folders which enables the
fix to 'take' inside FSX."

Do I do anything here or is this automatically done? :173go1:ya thats me gettin the old thump

Ken Stallings
April 7th, 2010, 15:14
I performed this tweak and really liked the results. The textures appear far more fluid and without any drop in frames. In fact, the frames appeared somewhat better. I flew the Realair Beech Duke over Las Vegas, NV. So, I gave it a prety good workout and was positively impressed.

Ken

BOOM
April 7th, 2010, 15:22
"It also allows the rebuilding of the FSX Shader cache folders which enables the

Do I do anything here or is this automatically done? :173go1:ya thats me gettin the old thump

It does all the Edits for you.Pretty niffty piece of work Mr. Jesus Altuve, Is anyone using The FPS Limiter with this? I notice the Edit caps the cfg.file@30.

wiltzei
April 7th, 2010, 15:39
Itīs a real breakthough, really smooth in the PNW. I īm using the FPS Limiter.

My hardware and performance some fsx.cfg settings:
Core i5 750 @ 4.0 Ghz, 4GB DDR3 2000Mhz, Caviar Black WD1002FAEX, Radeon 4850 512mb (I know, itīs a weak link)

[Bufferpools]
UsePools=1
Poolsize=500000

[GRAPHICS]
HIGHMEMFIX=1
STALE_BUFFER_THRESHOLD=2147483647

[Display]
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=70
TextureMaxLoad=30

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=500
SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=10

[Main]
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.25

anthony31
April 7th, 2010, 16:16

You have to change the shade cache version each time you edit fsx.cfg. So you start at 1 and the next time you make a tweak and save the changes you change it to 2 and so on and so forth. You will find that FSX will display a "Loading" message with a percentage bar when it starts much like the rebuilding scenery database message.

[GRAPHICS]
SHADER_CACHE_VERSION=1 // Increment this number EVERYTIME you change fsx.cfg (it simply rebuilds the shader cache)

On the matter of the tweak, for my Windows XP, FSX SP2, Intel 8500 with Nvidia9600gt 1 gb system that I've found no improvement in framerates (in some cases I actually lose framerates). But that's just me.

doublecool
April 7th, 2010, 16:44
Thanks Anthony for the reply... after reading all the links to different threads I got it:wavey:

Thank you again
Stu

warchild
April 7th, 2010, 16:58
i decided to throw the worst at it i could find.. LvlD over tokyo, ground shadows on, autogen very dense, ASE in the back, everything punched to the limit.. yesterday, that would have frozen my machine solid about half way across tokyo, today, its stuttery, but she keeps on going.. maybe 13 fps over all over that city.. I'm happy :)..

jojohnson9
April 7th, 2010, 17:45
I have had problems with disappearing textures to such an extent that I tried this tweak without hesitation. It has helped my system quite a bit. Aircraft and scenery textures load faster, but it still takes time for some of the more intense addons to load up. But all textures load inventually. I had problems with some addon textures not loading at all after about half an hour of operation.
But the biggest difference is the sharpness of everything. All aircraft and scenery textures are more crisp and clean. The numbers, letters, and gauges in my VC panels are much clearer and easier to read. This is good for my 65 year old eyes. My FSX is not perfect, but this has helped quite a bit.

thetford569
April 7th, 2010, 18:34
For everyone having good results with this are you all using Windows 7 and have i7 processors. I'm wondering if applying the tweaks on my q6600 @ 3.4 and GTX 260 in Windows XP64 is going to help? It seems from most of what I read that everyone doing these tweaks are using Win7 and have some of the latest video cards and processors.

Brandon

ryanbatc
April 7th, 2010, 18:39
For everyone having good results with this are you all using Windows 7 and have i7 processors. I'm wondering if applying the tweaks on my q6600 @ 3.4 and GTX 260 in Windows XP64 is going to help? It seems from most of what I read that everyone doing these tweaks are using Win7 and have some of the latest video cards and processors.

Brandon

Ditto - my measly AMD6000 and geforce 8800GT is old school these days. I doubt the tweaks will help.

CG_1976
April 7th, 2010, 18:41
I us this tweek set with my AMD Phenom and Windows 7 64 Ultimate and get real nice fluid results. Still in early testing on my AMD Phenom XP machine although.

BOOM
April 7th, 2010, 18:44
Thanks Anthony for the reply... after reading all the links to different threads I got it:wavey:

Thank you again
Stu

Sorry Stu, I misunderstood.

warchild
April 7th, 2010, 19:02
I'm using windows 7-64 running on an overclocked (to 2.85 gig ) Q-6600 quad core with four gigs of ram and a GTX260 gpu..

6297J
April 7th, 2010, 21:28
Interessting. Miraculous even. Given all the positive reports I think I may as well give it a go.