PDA

View Full Version : Peek at Emma (Field) as she's "dressing up": She's Gorgeous !

GaryGB
April 7th, 2010, 09:25
Spotlope posted some screenies of his work in progress on the terrain for Emma Field FSX:

http://iblueyonder.wordpress.com/2010/04/06/emma-field-x-olympic-paradise/

IMHO, this is clearly going to be a dream come true for many folks (myself included !) :applause:

Thanks again for the preview pix, Bill ! :p:

GaryGB

MCDesigns
April 7th, 2010, 13:26
Does look pretty sweet!! I never had the old Emma in FS2002, but it's my understanding it's west of Liliwaup WA, NW of Shelton, correct ? This version in the same spot Bill?

BOOM
April 7th, 2010, 13:41
Looks fantastic!!! When I heard the news that Bill was contracted by FTX to do Portland International I was a little worried about Emma,but after seeing these great shots I'm at ease again!

spotlope
April 7th, 2010, 14:20
Does look pretty sweet!! I never had the old Emma in FS2002, but it's my understanding it's west of Liliwaup WA, NW of Shelton, correct ? This version in the same spot Bill?

A-yup, I'm plopping Emma down in the same spot it was in before. In theory, you should be able to do multiplayer with members using the FS9 version, but don't hold me to that. It's the goal, anyway.

Right now I'm sculpting the terrain for a new and improved Bear Gulch, which will be included in Emma X as well.

peter12213
April 7th, 2010, 14:23
Wow looks really nice

glennc
April 7th, 2010, 17:09
Will PNW be a requirement? My only concern is the disk space. I did read it's a 4 gig download, correct? and what's the footprint when it's installed? I have a second drive I can install it on so the concern is more theoretical than practical. I really miss some of the FS2004 airports, especially Orcas, Emma and Bremerton. I have a feeling that "someone" is going to dangle the right carrot under my nose. If Starks didn't do it, Emma just might.

Glenn

spotlope
April 7th, 2010, 18:00
Will PNW be a requirement? My only concern is the disk space. I did read it's a 4 gig download, correct? and what's the footprint when it's installed? I have a second drive I can install it on so the concern is more theoretical than practical. I really miss some of the FS2004 airports, especially Orcas, Emma and Bremerton. I have a feeling that "someone" is going to dangle the right carrot under my nose. If Starks didn't do it, Emma just might.

Glenn

My plan is not to require the PNW scenery (although Emma will fit seamlessly within it). FTX NA Blue is about 5.5GB on my system, installed.

glennc
April 7th, 2010, 18:15
Bill, Wonderful. Plum Island has become a new favorite with the right aircraft.

Keep on keepin' on.

Glenn

Alan_A
April 7th, 2010, 20:47

Glenn

Orcas is due for FTX payware treatment, along with Concrete, Skagit and Anacortes. They're all listed here (http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html://) on the roadmap.

IIRC, Orbx scenery wants to be installed in the main FSX directory - am not sure you can install on a separate drive, but maybe others can confirm.

spotlope
April 7th, 2010, 21:18
Orcas is due for FTX payware treatment, along with Concrete, Skagit and Anacortes. They're all listed here (http://fullterrain.com/product_roadmap.html://) on the roadmap.

IIRC, Orbx scenery wants to be installed in the main FSX directory - am not sure you can install on a separate drive, but maybe others can confirm.

You might be right about that. I can see it causing problems with FTX Central, as it expects all backup files to be in a specific location. Just to double-check, you might ask for clarification over on the Orbx forums.