Up date on the C-17 panel.

http://www.alphasim.co.uk/index.html

i used to support alphasim without any word of doubt

most of my repaints are A/S models as i enjoyed working with them

these days, im sorry but these guys are going to get f##k all from me

im not even going to express my disappointment in this failed company

flaviossa
April 7th, 2010, 08:16
The lack of paypal purchase is a no-go for me from them ... Itīs sad as i really like some of their planes. This c-17 is one of them.

Paul K
April 7th, 2010, 08:17
Not really interested in a C-17 ( no matter who builds it ) and I wouldn't know what the office looks like, but I must say that panel is really rather nice.

tigisfat
April 7th, 2010, 08:20
UKMils' ain't bad and it's free. I'm sure I'll snap this up once it's been out for a few weeks and I've sorted out the complaints of others.

edit: I just looked at the panel. I seriously hope they aren't attempting to market this as a hi-fi product with lots of systems modelling. It looks pretty clown shoes to me. It's like they didn't try to get the gauges right.

jim
April 7th, 2010, 08:35
Does it say when it will be available?

fsafranek
April 10th, 2010, 22:58
The lack of paypal purchase is a no-go for me from them ... Itīs sad as i really like some of their planes. This c-17 is one of them.
Although it doesn't say so, purchasing with Paypal has always been an option at Alphasim. I don't typically buy for obvious reasons (10+ years association) but the couple that I have purchased were paid for using Paypal.

To make a purchase using Paypal just work out the price of your items from the Shop (select the correct currency), then leave the shop without using the checkout. Send the money using PayPal to the e-mail address alphasim1@alphasim.co.uk Put the names of the model(s) you wish to buy in the subject line or 'comments' area in PayPal. They will send you a link and a password once the PayPal e-mail gets to them. It's easy and it works.

Hope this helps.
:ernae:

strykerpsg
April 11th, 2010, 20:50
Is there anyone that's purchased and installed the updated 2D pit? If so, is there an FMC yet? Have been wanting this one for a while, but still not willing to part with $60.00 for an unfinished bird. Once she's completed, more likely a lesser issue with purchase, but think the 2D is giving the dog a bone.

Matt

Kiwikat
April 11th, 2010, 21:57
I wouldn't count on a FMC...

It would seem that the original plans for the C-17 were killed, along with any chance of me buying it.

tigisfat
April 11th, 2010, 22:23
I wouldn't count on a FMC...

It would seem that the original plans for the C-17 were killed, along with any chance of me buying it.

You mean the original plans that would've warranted it's hefty price tag?

buh-dump crash!! Thank, you I'll be here all week.:icon_lol:

michael davies
April 12th, 2010, 06:06
The original plans were for a FS9 plane with VC that had XML gauges, suddenly 3D gauges became all the rage so it had to be rebuilt, I never saw the rebuilt VC, only the original. Even if they had stuck semi psuedo US mil gauges in it would have been finished over two years ago, they'd have got some stick for it but nothing like the stigma attached now.

Much of this change was brought on by FSx arrival and forums requiring these new fangly bits in greater depth, the're ok if you set out from day one with that mission plan, there rubbish if you try and rebuild an almost 90% complete model to accept this new technology, they should have bitten the bullet and shipped it as a FS9 bird with an XML VC and then done the FSx rework like many other models they have recently.

I dont often speak out about an employer (previous or current) but this model has been dragged through the mire for far too long, it would have far better to get it out as a traditional Alphasim style model and take the flak (and there have been numerous opportunities in the past to do just that), than to watch it die a very painful and public death. Word is it will be shipped by Flight 1 in a complete pack, so there is still some hope with a full VC.

Now more than ever I regret shelving my C-17 project and one or two others to be blunt, shelved due to whispers of another from some other source, 90% of the time they never materialise or take forever to get to customers.

The Alphasim C-17 is a nice model, good on frame rates and overall satisfies many customers, personally, I think it could have been so much more, compared to what we're seeing released these days it'd take another year to catch up, having said that, I'm no longer in the inner loop so all of the above may be complete voodoo :).

In short the Alphasim C-17 missed the bus and has for ever since been running on the side walk to catch up, every time the bus stops it just about catches up, but never gets there, painfull as it is to say that, that's my perspective.

strykerpsg
April 12th, 2010, 08:15
Thanks Mike for the insider insight. When AS had their forums up, I visited this thread almost daily, in anticipation of any updates or info. I agree the exterior looks great, but it is ultimately the price that gives me pause, not because I am some veteran on a pension, but because of it's incompleteness. I have purchased other big ticket planes, such as the PMDG 747 and Ariane's 737 series, because they were complete kits, not without bugs, but much more complete. I also bought CS B-52 without a pit and love it, even with some generic FS9 fake pit, but I also didn't pay more than a few dollars. I agree that AS has missed the bus on this one and when Flight1 releases, may purchase then, since Flight1 also has a refund system in place.

Anyway, here's hoping to an eventual better kit and my hat's off to the steadfast AS fans that believed they would release version 1.X (with 2D & 3D) within the reported few months.

Matt

centuryseries
April 12th, 2010, 11:48
Michael,

If any of those rumours were projects I mentioned, I'm sorry, everything is taking forever at my end!

That certain Mach 2 interceptor is all yours if you want to go for it, I have too much on my plate right now!

Best regards,

David.

flaviossa
April 12th, 2010, 14:38
Although it doesn't say so, purchasing with Paypal has always been an option at Alphasim.

Hope this helps.

Frank!
I made a payment thru paypal. Letīs see if this work!
Thanks!

michael davies
April 12th, 2010, 15:22
Michael,

If any of those rumours were projects I mentioned, I'm sorry, everything is taking forever at my end!

That certain Mach 2 interceptor is all yours if you want to go for it, I have too much on my plate right now!

Best regards,

David.

David, certainly no reflection on you at all, or your work, it was a generic statement and perhaps shouldn't have been grouped in a predominately Alphasim context. The projects in mind I've seen images of, part models and promises of this and that and warn offs as well, yet 90% have never hit the shelf from Alphasim or other developers. I'm no angel myself, I've a stash so big of part finished models I wonder why I ever start anything else LOL.

It was more a comment to other developers or wanna be designers, if you see something you really want to do, then do it, dont be swayed by previews or warn offs from others, in many cases they never materialise and in most cases each if duplicated will suit different niches. For developers where the end buck is all important then sure, some careful consideration needs to be given before embarking on duplicating a project, but for the free lance low end of the pond developers like thee and me I think it makes little difference to be honest, other than finding some one ot sell it for you at the end of the day.

I think even if you finish the afore mentioned project it'll still be held up elsewhere, we agreed at the start of that who would do what and that still stands, take all the time you need. My main niggle was with the long drawn out rattling death the C-17 project is having, much of it caused by listening to the forums as to what was wanted, rather than remaining fixed on the original values and completing it as such. The longer it goes on the worse it gives Alphasim's public image, ironically, for all the wrong reasons.

I hope your plate is full of FS work, but I suspect its like mine and full of real life issues <SIGH>, they do so get in the way, what !.

Nick C
April 13th, 2010, 03:49
Frank!
I made a payment thru paypal. Letīs see if this work!
Thanks!

I've made all my payments to Alphasim in the past with PayPal and experienced no problems. As far as I'm aware, they are dealt with individually by Phil.

flaviossa
April 13th, 2010, 05:21
Yep Nick,
I didnīt know that they accept paypal payments (This info is not in their page). And iīm already flying my new AS plane. :salute:

Thanks Frank for the HU!

centuryseries
April 14th, 2010, 10:24
I hope your plate is full of FS work, but I suspect its like mine and full of real life issues <SIGH>, they do so get in the way, what !.

Bit of both actually!! You never know I might actually finish something soon :jump: