PDA

View Full Version : IRIS Simulations Discounts

Wombat_VC
April 6th, 2010, 16:44
I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, IRIS Simulations products are on massive discounts everywhere.

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 16:49
Not a good time to speculate I guess, but given that their site has been down now for some time. . .it isn't a good sign. Has anyone heard from David or Karen?

You folks affiliated with IRIS, smoothie, warchild, etc. Have you heard anything from them?

Smudge
April 6th, 2010, 17:09
Guys,

The following thread outlines the issues we've been experiencing. It wasn't stickied so it dropped off the radar.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=33926

Long story short is that I have to do a whole rebuild on the server. New website, new store, new forum..ie IRIS starting from scratch. Needless to say this isn't a small job especially for one person to do.

Before anyone asks, yes we do have backups and no we can't use them to speed up the process, otherwise I would :)

Anyway, the reason for the discounts are simple. Whilst the main IRIS Site is down, we want to ensure that our customers get advantages of an IRIS sale regardless of where they shop, hence why we've informed FlightsimStore, Simmarket and FS Pilot Shop to apply a 30% discount across the entire IRIS product range until such time as the IRIS server and site is back up and running. :)

Just because there's a sale on and our site is down doesn't mean IRIS is folding anytime soon.. :) I can assure you we have a number of products lined up, one of which is close to release.

I'd be lying if I said that IRIS would be back up and running tomorrow. There's a lot to be done from our end, but it WILL get done, we WILL be back up and running as soon as we can be and IRIS WILL NOT be closing down.

So there.. :P

David.

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:53
Good to hear David

Diego

Sundog
April 7th, 2010, 08:59
David,
I hope everything goes as smooth as possible for you. I know it never does, but as well as can be expected.
Regards,
Ken

Matt Wynn
April 7th, 2010, 10:08
anything urgent you need me to do when i get back David? working on my Profile art is a tedium at the moment until i get back into the swing of it... should be soon then... :salute:

gajit
April 7th, 2010, 10:12
Thank goodness for that. I was worried. You have been one of just a few devs who have truly raised the benchmark of your capabilities and come out with some excellent products.

I pledge to buy your next product - no matter what it is - as a show of support.

Cheers

GJ

Matt Wynn
April 7th, 2010, 10:13
Thank goodness for that. I was worried. You have been one of just a few devs who have truly raised the benchmark of your capabilities and come out with some excellent products.

I pledge to buy your next product - no matter what it is - as a show of support.

Cheers

GJ

That'll be the DA-42 then :salute:

gajit
April 7th, 2010, 14:38
Great - we see a lot of those overhead :salute:

Sundog
April 7th, 2010, 16:51
I saw one of those in Florida, the Twinstar, for the first time a few months ago. I thought it was a racing plane approaching based on the sound of it. After it passed, I was like, "Yeah, I'd fly one of those!" ;)

glennc
April 7th, 2010, 17:00
Right before Iris' site caved in, there was an announcement about a service pack for the DA-40. I sent the e-mail to get the download reactivated, then the bomb hit. For very understandable reasons, I never got a reply. So, question: Does the product on the Flightsim pilot shop have the service pack? If so, I'd be very happy to re-purchase if for no other reason than to support a very good company.

Glenn

Wombat_VC
April 7th, 2010, 22:46
That'll be the DA-42 then :salute:

May I know which engine will it be?

Smudge
April 7th, 2010, 23:32
The crap one that's steadily being replaced.. :) Not the Lycoming 360 or the Austro AE300 (If I recall correctly)

Sideshow
April 8th, 2010, 00:41
The crap one that's steadily being replaced.. :) Not the Lycoming 360 or the Austro AE300 (If I recall correctly)

The Centurion is not a bad little engine (when it works). It's about 50 kg lighter then the Austro (Diamond are having to reinforce the landing gear and increase the gross weight so that payload is not affected on the model using the Austro), and it is significantly more fuel efficient then the Lycoming.

In anycase hopefully Iris get up and running again soon, I enjoy your products.