Any help is appreciated

Regards, Diego

JamesChams
April 6th, 2010, 16:30
Can someone please help me?

I have no idea what to add to the FSX exe

Any help is appreciated

Regards, Diego
I'm NOT sure what your asking here... but, I'm putting together an installation package which (upon authorization from AI Carrier's author) will hopefully include the application as part of the overall installation of a Naval Package for Javier's Nimitz v2 package.

If that's NOT what your asking for... Maybe someone else can help you.

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 16:34
Well it tells me to edit the exe located in documents and settings, userxp, application, microsoft, fsx, bla bla

Says I have to add a line so that microsoft knows where to look for AI carriers. Know what I mean?

JamesChams
April 6th, 2010, 17:11
Well it tells me to edit the exe located in documents and settings, userxp, application, microsoft, fsx, bla bla

Says I have to add a line so that microsoft knows where to look for AI carriers. Know what I mean?

You mean "exe.xml" ...

"Manual exe.xml installation: if the installer cannot edit the exe.xml for you (this can be reported with Vista configurations), it's necessary to add the AICarriers entry to this file manually. "

which can be found by putting this statement in Windows Explorer address bar
%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\EXE.XML

then after the file is opened you will need to add the AICarriers code statements (which can be found in the file named "sample_exe.xml") and save them into the above (your own) "exe.xml" file...

<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False<FONT color=#0000ff></< font>Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</< font>ManualLoad>
<Name>AICarriers</< font>Name>
<Path>AIcarriers\aicarriers.exe</< font>Path>
<CommandLine>-nogui</< font>CommandLine>
</</LAUNCH.ADDON< font>
</< font></LAUNCH.ADDON< font>

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 17:17
Yes...I saw that and do not understand what to add.

If you could copy and paste what is in your exe.xml, and make bold what is AI Carriers, that would help alot

Thanks, Diego

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 17:23
<Launch.Addon>
<Disabled>False<FONT color=#0000ff></< font>Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</< font>ManualLoad>
<Name>AICarriers</< font>Name>
<Path>AIcarriers\aicarriers.exe</< font>Path>
<CommandLine>-nogui</< font>CommandLine>
</</LAUNCH.ADDON< font>[/code]

So I just copy and paste that into the exe.xml, and write the correct path, in place of AIcarriers\aicarriers.exe?

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 17:46
...all I need is for someone who has AI Carriers 2 working...to copy...and paste...their exe.xml...much appreciated

Diego

JamesChams
April 6th, 2010, 17:57
...all I need is for someone who has AI Carriers 2 working...to copy...and paste...their exe.xml...much appreciated

Diego
OPEN the "sample_exe.xml" file found in the aicarriers2.zip file's "\Manual_Install.zip\Manual_Install" folder. That's all you need.

Then, Load FSX. The only other thing you might need is the JAVA SDK, which installs with the installer by default but you may already have it installed; so just do an update.

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:05
I'm only going to ask once more...can someone post their exe.xml...yes James I can read the sample exe.xml, and it has not helped me...which is why I ask for someones ACTUAL exe.xml

I don't know WHERE to paste it. IF I have to make a specific path.

These are the reasons I want someone to post their exe.xml

Diego

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:15
hold on a sec...

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:18
Thank you dj!

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:23
Do you already have a file named exe.xml in you User/appdata/roaming/microsoft/fsx ?

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:26
yes i do

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:27

If you there is no file called exe.xml, then all you have to do is paste the sample file in this location and rename it exe and save as .xml

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:29
Can you post the contents of it here and I'll edit it and you can just overwrite it. If I just post mine, it may disable any other add-on you have installed by mistake.

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:29
thats the file I'm talking about. EXE

can you paste the contents of that file for me

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:34
Can you post the contents of it here and I'll edit it and you can just overwrite it. If I just post mine, it may disable any other add-on you have installed by mistake.

Will do

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:40
<LAUNCH.ADDON>
<DISABLED><LAUNCH.ADDON>
hold on</COMMANDLINE></LAUNCH.ADDON></SIMBASE.DOCUMENT>

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:42
Dude, i can't figure out how to post code.

I'm about to give up on this crap

Diego</LAUNCH.ADDON><DISABLED><MANUALLOAD>

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:44
Hold on...

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:48
Now you've got me frustrated...I haven't flown in FSX in a while, and somehow my install of aicarriers is corrupted now. I'm going to try to figure out the problem, and as soon as I get it working, I'll post a copy of the exe.xml

in the meantime if anyone else has it go ahead...

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 18:49
lol welcome to my world.

one day my AI Carriers was gone. Went to install, got an error. Tried manual install..no dice.

With the VRS F/A-18E coming out on the 8th...I really want the Carrier to work

Many thanks, Diego

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 18:55
Okay I got it...standby

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 19:01
I went ahead and just remade my exe.xml

The only thing you have to change in the sample_exe.xml is the file path.

The picture i posted is exactly how my exe.xml reads

The circled area is the field you have to edit

You need to save the folder titled "aicarriers" somewhere you won't accidentally delete it.

Change the circled field to point to the location of aicarriers.exe (the default reads "Aicarriers\aicarriers.exe", you need to be specific)

when you start FSX you should get the allow/disallow prompt.

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 19:02
you da man. will try on the next commercial break!

Diego

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 19:06
If you have any problems, I can be more specific with my instructions...:ernae:

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 19:11
problem...I don't have an aicarriers.exe

do I have to make one? if so how

djscoo
April 6th, 2010, 19:22
You do have one.

Look in the file you downloaded, it will be in

\Downloads\aicarriers2\aicarriers2\Manual_Install\ Manual_Install\AICarriers

You need to save the whole folder "AICarriers" containing all the files to a location where you won't lose them.
Try putting it in with all your other FSX files.

MenendezDiego
April 6th, 2010, 19:49
got it working, thanks!

rayhere48
April 6th, 2010, 23:33
This is so strange. I had AI carriers working, after a time trying to get it to show up in FSX, and then one day it just disappeared. I just gave up on it after that. Now I will have to try to get it to work again.