PDA

View Full Version : Curious Panel Problem

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 15:01
What could possibly be in a panel.cfg file that would keep an aircraft from showing up in the aircraft selection window in FSX?

I added a livery to an airplane and had done a custom panel to go with it. I named the panel folder correctly, added that to the panel= position in the cfg file made the necessary changes to the copy to indicate the new variation, etc, etc. I've done this stuff probably a couple thousand times now, so nothing that was a problem there. I even went into FSRepaint to take a look at the livery and ensure that the textures were correct and it looked fine. I loaded up FSX and no livery showing.

To shorten the story, I removed the panel name from the cfg file and when I went back to FSX, the new livery was showing. Any idea why?

Milton Shupe
April 6th, 2010, 15:26
Possibly a gauge or cab file not found or incompatible?

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 16:02
Possibly a gauge or cab file not found or incompatible?
Good point Milton. Considering that removing the panel allowed the aircraft to display, narrows down the possibilities. I've gone through the gauges using FSPanel Studio and considering the panel is relatively uncluttered (Legacy 2000), it has 20 VC Windows. Seems a bit overdone.

Anyway, there were some holes in the necessary gauges which I swapped out for others, I'll try it again and see if I can slowly eliminate the errant gauge(s). Thanks Milton.

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 16:52
It's always the most obvious. Everything was in the new panel folder except the panel config file. . .I generated a new one and the problem's corrected.:salute: