PDA

View Full Version : New WIP's, Pogo and Northrop A-17

PutPut
April 6th, 2010, 14:20
Things have been busy in the PutPut hanger. The second image is a "proof of concept" version of the Convair Pogo. It is shown in an actual vertical take off. Obviously nothing was animated when I did this screen shot. I used the VTOL gauge that Rob Barendregt developed for the FS9 version. It works well for test purposes but has a rather major case of the hicups which I believe is associated with the different way I handled the origin location for FSX. It starts out in the vertical position which gave me nightmares at first. I had a plane that stayed in the vertical when it moved horizontal and even had it going upside down and backwards for a while. That is all sorted out and I will send a version to Rob Barendregt who has kindly agreed to do a new VTOL gauge for the FSX version. The completion date is probably a good month away.
The other project is the Northrop A-17. I have chosen to do the fixed gear version, not because it is easier (it isn't) but just because it is a rare bear. The exterior is almost complete and the last shot shows a good start on the VC. Love those early USAAC paint joibs!

Cheers, Paul

Hurricane91
April 6th, 2010, 17:32
The other project is the Northrop A-17...VC. Love those early USAAC paint jobs!
...and how! Looking forward to the A-17. Thanks for the update Paul.

Matt Wynn
April 7th, 2010, 01:16
yay! An XFY-1 been waiting for this bird for a while now :jump: