PDA

View Full Version : Logitech Force 3D Pro Force Feedback Joystick

Arkycharlie
November 9th, 2008, 10:12
I bought an "open box" Logitech Force 3D Pro force feedback joystick thinking it might improve my flying experience in FSX. Wrong! I hate this thing. It simply jerks and shakes and feels nothing like flying a real airplane. I downloaded the latest driver for Vista and played with the settings for several days and was never close to being satisfied and went back to my old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. Has anyone had a good experience with one of these and if so, can you make any suggestions that might raise the level of satisfaction with mine? Thanks!

charlie

hey_moe
November 9th, 2008, 10:25
Ouch...that sucks.

Axenti
November 9th, 2008, 10:26
I bought an "open box" Logitech Force 3D Pro force feedback joystick thinking it might improve my flying experience in FSX. Wrong! I hate this thing. It simply jerks and shakes and feels nothing like flying a real airplane. I downloaded the latest driver for Vista and played with the settings for several days and was never close to being satisfied and went back to my old Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick. Has anyone had a good experience with one of these and if so, can you make any suggestions that might raise the level of satisfaction with mine? Thanks!

charlie

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick is a good joystick the only thing it dusnt have is a force feedback i have been flying with the Logitech Force 3D Pro force feedback joystick 3monds agow but realy? i had the same feeling like you id didnt made me satisfied, me was realy happy to fly again with my regullar joystick and im not turning this goody in for an nother joystick or it must be broken but i think that o would buy the same Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick again :d

but it could be that it is just the way of flying that im not am used to.

any way: maybe your settings are not ok alsow
did you callibarated the joystick
before using it?

Arkycharlie
November 9th, 2008, 10:36
Axenti, I calibrated it probably a dozen or more times trying to find the right setting with no luck. It took all of the pleasure of flying.

Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick is a good joystick the only thing it dusnt have is a force feedback i have been flying with the Logitech Force 3D Pro force feedback joystick 3monds agow but realy? i had the same feeling like you id didnt made me satisfied, me was realy happy to fly again with my regullar joystick and im not turning this goody in for an nother joystick or it must be broken but i think that o would buy the same Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick again :d

but it could be that it is just the way of flying that im not am used to.

any way: maybe your settings are not ok alsow
did you callibarated the joystick
before using it?

Axenti
November 9th, 2008, 10:38
Axenti, I calibrated it probably a dozen or more times trying to find the right setting with no luck. It took all of the pleasure of flying.

damn thats a bummer, maybe it is broken?
because the flying was good with me but the force feedback it
was nothing for me so maybe there is something wrong with the joystick?