PDA

View Full Version : New to FSX ,,looking for a nice freeware prop airliner or other plane.

TeiscoDelRay
April 6th, 2010, 09:05
Looking for the best freeware prop plane to download. The plane must be for FSX and have all the eye candy FSX allows.

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 09:22
Looking for the best freeware prop plane to download. The plane must be for FSX and have all the eye candy FSX allows.
That's a tall order given you want freeware. There are some nice freeware aircraft available, but they typically won't come with "all the eye candy FSX allows". That's normally reserved for the pricey payware aircraft, and even then, I don't know that they have "all the eye candy".

I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions as everyone has their own ideas on what is the best. I personally would look at the works of our own Tim Conrad. Who, in the past year has really released some beautiful aircraft. Click on the addons library tab at the top of the page (addons index) and do a search for his name, he goes by "Piglet".

warchild
April 6th, 2010, 09:44
Thats a pretty tall order.. in fact, i dont personally know of ANY freeware propliners that are fsx native and have a ton of candy. You might find something here http://classicbritishfiles.com/ but i doubt it.. most propliners that have been developed, for one reason or another have been developed as payware. Of those, perhaps the least expensive is the Abacus version of the Connie ( which isnt as bad as you would think ) and the most complex of all the props is the A2A Boeing 377 ( which can be more than a handful ).

i think you'll find that the benefits of fsx even when not using DX-10 far outweigh FS9, and older aircraft take on a whole new life in it. heres the link to my photobucket album http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/ its about 56 pages of images, mostly from fsx and mostly planes i've worked on or painted but theres a bunch of others as well. when you get to page 53 your pretty much in the FS9 stuff. everything else up till then, is a mix between fs9 stuff and fsx and is all being flown in fsx..

Good luck
Pam

Bjoern
April 6th, 2010, 10:08
calclassic.com

Not native, but better than nothing. I really like their CV-580.

jankees
April 6th, 2010, 10:18
''or other plane"

the Auster Autocrat, or the Beaufighter, or the Saab J-21, or the Skyraider, or the AN-32, to name a few prop planes...but there jets too...a F-14 springs to mind..

though personally, I feel you could have been a bit more polite with your question:

"New to FSX ,,looking for a nice freeware prop airliner or other plane.
Looking for the best freeware prop plane to download. The plane must be for FSX and have all the eye candy FSX allows."

pffft

Naki
April 6th, 2010, 12:55
''or other plane"

the Auster Autocrat, or the Beaufighter, or the Saab J-21, or the Skyraider, or the AN-32, to name a few prop planes...but there jets too...a F-14 springs to mind..

though personally, I feel you could have been a bit more polite with your question:

Looking for the best freeware prop plane to download. The plane must be for FSX and have all the eye candy FSX allows."

pffft

....and Ant's Tiger Moth or Wozza's Harvard (T-6)

Ferry_vO
April 6th, 2010, 13:01
The only " freeware prop airliner" that comes to mind is the FS KBT Lockheed Electra, but it's a turboprop. Check Flightsim.com.

:)

TeiscoDelRay
April 6th, 2010, 13:55
''or other plane"

pffft

Lol,,more polite with my question?

tigisfat
April 6th, 2010, 14:05
Lol,,more polite with my question?

Don't worry about it. I thought you were polite enough.

Anyway,

check out flightsim.com's file library. They have a few good constellations and DC-4s over there. They don't have every option, but they are solid freeware and they're......well.....free. The price can't be beat.