PDA

View Full Version : Tim's OH-6 Repaint

jessie r.
April 5th, 2010, 15:35
Hi guy's sorry to bother but I am looking for a repaint skin for Tim's OH-6 in the livery of the white and red USNTPS TH-6B I thought I have seen it once but it wasnt on my radar and passed it up if anyone knows where I can find such a thing please help me out. Thanks

jessie r.
April 5th, 2010, 16:08
hi again I found a picture of it on hovercontrol but I cant get a message to the guy who uploaded it maybe someone out there knows who he is and relay the message for me thanks.

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Screenshot_Gallery/Helicopter_Screenshots&image=th-6_Kopie.jpg&img=0&search=Mickey&cat=all&tt=&bool=phrase

MCDesigns
April 5th, 2010, 16:36
I checked the sim sites to see if it was uploaded anywhere, no luck sorry. Since that image is 3 years old, might be better to try and paint it yourself.

jessie r.
April 5th, 2010, 17:04
I have just started this obsession and my skills hav'nt made it that far yet. :jump:

Dain Arns
April 5th, 2010, 20:08
There is a repaint of that USNTPS livery available for the Nemeth Brothers payware MD-500.
Is that possibly what you are thinking of? :kilroy:

http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?search=USER~chiefbosn&img=9&cat=&bool= (http://www.hovercontrol.com/cgi-bin/ifolio/imageFolio.cgi?search=USER%7Echiefbosn&img=9&cat=&bool=)
(Towards bottom of page in the middle)

falcon409
April 5th, 2010, 21:47
Dain, he posted a link to the one he's looking for and it's definitely Tim's OH-6. Since it's three years old, it's very possible this was a one only paint job and was never released. Seems like if it was still available it would be on one of the download sites and so far I haven't found any reference to it at all.

Dain Arns
April 5th, 2010, 23:22
Dain, he posted a link to the one he's looking for and it's definitely Tim's OH-6. Since it's three years old, it's very possible this was a one only paint job and was never released. Seems like if it was still available it would be on one of the download sites and so far I haven't found any reference to it at all.

Okay, thanks.
I couldn't get that link to work for me, came up with a database error.

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 04:19
Jessie, unless someone else pops in here pretty quick to beat me to it, I'm going to knock this one out for you. I'll post some screens when I have enough to show. :salute:

Note: disregard the "reason for editing". . .I thought I had found the repaint. . .

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 06:26
One quick WIP Shot. In looking as close as I can at the repaint you found and the paint kit for that Heli supplied by Tim. . .they look different. . .panel lines in areas where the kit doesn't have them and rivets the same way. Not sure whether this guy did his own kit from Tim's original or what. In any case, considering this has only taken less than an hour to get to this point, it's lookin' pretty good so far.

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 08:32
Jessie, I'll refine a few more details and send you the textures so you can load them and take an up-close look. That way, you can get a better idea of what this looks like on your chopper.

One thing I noticed is that the lower part of the red stripe is a problem and probably why they took the screen in that position. Where the curved portion of the fuselage meets the tail section, it doesn't transition well, there is a bit of an offset there where the black border doesn't match, not a real big deal but nothing I can do to correct it either.

UPDATE: Looks like everything fits pretty well, I have to switch the layering for the panel lines and rivets as I have it too far down and some of the graphics are overlaying it rather than the other way around!

falcon409
April 6th, 2010, 13:21
Jesse, here's the direct link to the livery. Just unzip, drop the texture folder in the aircraft folder and add the info to the aircraft.cfg file. Let me know what you think so I can make any corrections.
http://www.box.net/shared/static/mc2l7kftr1.zip