Hi,

Great:

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=1bf99434&br=2000

http://www.asb.tv/videos/view.php?v=19672e01&br=2500

Cheers,
:salute::salute::salute::salute:

p14u2nv
April 7th, 2010, 08:25
Thank you langereis for those links my friend. And as always I apparently lost a few hours watching additional footage that of course is more than available! It never fails as the outcome is always the same!

Attachments are of P-51 WR-V, 354th FS, 8th AF flown by my cousin. Maybe one day I'll have a repaint of that P-51. Also is a X-15 publicity photo. Pic is somewhere around Feb '45. During Korea he flew F-80. He went on to pilot the X-15 and was first AF winged astronaut, first man to break Mach 4, Mach 5 and Mach 6! During 'Nam he flew F-105G Thuds.

This man, Bob White, passed away 3March10, just a few weeks ago. What a loss.

:unitedstates:

CrisGer
April 7th, 2010, 11:18
I am just reading a book by a mustang pilot about his 'dumb luck' in surviving. Quite an interesting read, those planes were not easy to fly or land.... and the reality of the daily events of his missions in northern Italy in 1944 are sobering indeed. So many accidents and crashes...and the chances of combat and the reality of the dangers are indeed amazing to read about from one who was there. He descirbes in detail his progress thru flight training and the events once he got into combat..and it really is remarkable. Those machines and that era was one of true hard work...and a massive investment by the people who were there in the face of daily risk and peril. Remarkable men and remarkable times....

p14u2nv
April 8th, 2010, 13:48
"Remarkable men and remarkable times...."

The likes of such people we will never ever see again sad to say. Not for future sacrifices by any means but because they knew what had to be done, they did what was needed to be done and scared or not they went forward anyway because they knew what was at risk.