PDA

View Full Version : 'I Ate A Ton Of These As A Kid'...

Panther_99FS
April 4th, 2010, 15:37
KPZ8HHRR1A0

Cloud9Gal
April 4th, 2010, 15:49
Never heard or seen that before?

What were they made of?

HouseHobbit
April 4th, 2010, 15:51
You really don't want to know what they are made of..
LOL..LOL..
Just enjoy them... LOL..LOL.

djscoo
April 4th, 2010, 15:53
[COLOR=royalblue]What were they made of?

Chalk.

harleyman
April 4th, 2010, 15:53
Thats a first for me too..

where did you grow up panther????

Cloud9Gal
April 4th, 2010, 15:55
They look like those dry meat thingies?.....those ummm...long sticks? LOL! I'm trying to remember the darn name!!

Yessssss...got it! SlimJims!

HouseHobbit
April 4th, 2010, 16:05
They were made of mainly Animal Fat, with lots of sugar, and favored to whatever taste was popular..
I remmember them once as a Child here, Don't remember if I liked them or not..
Today this would not be acceptable, But then No one cared what was in the stuff they sold to people..
Didn't last long..

Other snacks were poping up then..

And it is funny, when I was young Most snacks were ate by children, now you see candy bar commericals
with adults in them eating candy like a child..
Adults didn't eat alot of candy in my world when I was young, times have changed..
Candy was viewed as a childs thing then..

safn1949
April 4th, 2010, 16:06
I remember them and they were pretty good.:d

Dain Arns
April 4th, 2010, 16:25
Oh don't despair Space Food Stick fans, they still make 'em!!!! :wavey::jump:

http://www.funkyfoodshop.com/spacefoodsticks-c-23.html

Mom always used to get the Peanut Butter flavored ones for me, being the little space geek I was during the Apollo program. :icon_lol:

txnetcop
April 4th, 2010, 17:28
They were made of chocolate, caramel and peanut butter and I ate the heck out of them!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Panther_99FS
April 4th, 2010, 17:58
Mom always used to get the Peanut Butter flavored ones for me, being the little space geek I was during the Apollo program. :icon_lol:

LoL I HATED the peanut butter ones - chocolate were my favorites...:)

BTW, remember that when they got stale, they were harder than concrete and snapped in half! :d

Dain Arns
April 4th, 2010, 18:13
LoL I HATED the peanut butter ones - chocolate were my favorites...:)

BTW, remember that when they got stale, they were harder than concrete and snapped in half! :d

Yeah, I did too, but I'm sure in my dear mother's mind, she thought the Peanut Butter was "healthier" for me. :rolleyes: :icon_lol:

I do remember sitting upside down in the easy chair, feet up on the back, eating a stick with one of my Dad's motorcycle helmets on, "Astronaut" style.
I also remember my leg being grabbed and promptly being spun around in the chair.
Then getting yelled at for having my feet "up there", told I was going to choke to death if I didn't sit like normal children, and I should be eating that damn thing in the kitchen. :isadizzy:
Ah the precious memories of youth. :icon_lol:

txnetcop
April 4th, 2010, 18:42
Yeah, I did too, but I'm sure in my dear mother's mind, she thought the Peanut Butter was "healthier" for me. :rolleyes: :icon_lol:

I do remember sitting upside down in the easy chair, feet up on the back, eating a stick with one of my Dad's motorcycle helmets on, "Astronaut" style.
I also remember my leg being grabbed and promptly being spun around in the chair.
Then getting yelled at for having my feet "up there", told I was going to choke to death if I didn't sit like normal children, and I should be eating that damn thing in the kitchen. :isadizzy:
Ah the precious memories of youth. :icon_lol:
ROFL:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">