PDA

View Full Version : Question: Changing ammo rounds

wsmwsm
November 9th, 2008, 07:25
Is there a simple way to change the number of machine gun and cannon rounds an aircraft carries? Thanks.

rbp71854
November 9th, 2008, 08:30
Beau

Try reversing your loadouts and see if this will do it. Start with the #13 hardpoint. I have staggered one flare first then one depth charge. May have to have 2 flares and then 2 depth charges if 2 untis come out of your bomb rack at a time.

The other thing I notice is that you call out a quantity of 6 in your loadout name, but you have 8 flares in the loadouts. need to change that.

<Hardpoint ID="13" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="12" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>

I'm fiddling with the Wellie Marine's loadout to have it carry sea flares and depth charges. I want to be able to select the flares first then the depth charges, to illuminate the target and then bomb it. this is what I have come up with:

</Loadout>
<Loadout Name="(6)Depth charge+(6)Red Sodium Flares" MissionType="CAS,Anti_Ship">
<Hardpoint ID="0" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="1" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="2" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="3" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="4" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="5" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="6" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="7" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="sodium_flare_red" Quantity="1"/>
<Hardpoint ID="8" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>
<Hardpoint ID="9" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>
<Hardpoint ID="10" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>
<Hardpoint ID="11" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>
<Hardpoint ID="12" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>
<Hardpoint ID="13" PylonType="pylon_null" PayloadType="AvHistory_gb_Depthcharge_MkXI" Quantity="1"></Hardpoint>
</Loadout>

As the Wellie doesn't have external pylons to hang weapons off, they all have to go in the bomb bay. So I can't use the weapon select. This way I keep getting the DC's first. I have to discharge them before the flares can be used. I want the flares first. Any one can help please?

Beau

BeauBrummie
November 9th, 2008, 08:31
Cheers Bob, I'll give it ago.

Beau

rbp71854
November 9th, 2008, 08:44
W
Somewhere in the xdp you will see something like this

<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="right_guns" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="50calBrowningM2_gun" Name="Right Guns" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="1700"/>
<GunStation UpLimit="0" DownLimit="0" LeftLimit="0" RightLimit="0" RateLimit="0" SystemID="left_guns" Tracer="40" Trainable="0" Trigger="0" Type="50calBrowningM2_gun" Name="Left Guns" ConvergeDistance="300" Pitch=".1489" MaxAmmo="1700"/>

change the max ammo. make sure to delete the bdp file.

Is there a simple way to change the number of machine gun and cannon rounds an aircraft carries? Thanks.

wsmwsm
November 9th, 2008, 08:47
Thanks. Will try.