PDA

View Full Version : Places to shoot.

rsgunner
April 4th, 2010, 09:20
If anyone lives in Florida and wants to have a real experience with birds I would suggest a visit to Gatorland which is on 441 just south of of Orlando. The use to have a pass for photographers that was discounted. I don't know if that is still true.

They have a rookery there and the types and quantities of birds is remarkable. What is unique is they have a boardwalk which goes through the rookery. You can be so close to the birds you can touch them. In about another week until the end of May is the prime time.

You can take pictures until you cards are full and your batteries are drained.

If anything falls from the trees into the water it is immediately eaten by the gators.

Amazing place.

Russ

Panther_99FS
April 4th, 2010, 09:29
You know Russ....
One of my biggests regrets is that I wasn't into photography like am now when I first joined the military.....I've missed out on some incredible photo-opportunities..... Red Sea, Iceland, Italy, Lajes..just to name a few...

rsgunner
April 4th, 2010, 09:42
I was lucky enough to get started early. My first Nikon was one I got to strap to my helmet when I was skydiving.

That venture didn't last long.

I ended up taking a lot of plane images when I was in Pensacola. Made a few trips on the Lexington for qualifications and shot up a case of film.

I live real close St Marks NWR which I take advantage of with the "senior citizen" pass and living in the woods.

I need to win the Florida Lotto so I can upgrade my camera body.:icon_lol:

Russ

Chacha
April 4th, 2010, 20:42
I need to win the Florida Lotto so I can upgrade my camera body.:icon_lol:

Russ

:salute: