PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Yoke

Tako_Kichi
November 9th, 2008, 06:57
I have the chance to buy a Saitek Pro Flight Yoke and I am wondering if there are any significant advantages over the Saitek X52 I am currently using.

I have also read a lot of bad press during my research re. the early releases having problems with odd behaviour and spurious signals being sent to the sim.

Before I part with the money I thought I would ask here for opinions (good or bad) especially from forum members who actually have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke.

So, is it worth the money? Is there an advantage to using a yoke over a HOTAS (other than the added realism)? Are there enough buttons/controls compared to the X52 which has more than enough for FSX.

I am more than happy with the X52 at the moment so the yoke would just be a nice tool to have for the GA and Mil aircraft I fly that have real yokes rather than joysticks. I guess the bottom line is that I am trying to justify the cost to myself when I already have a perfectly good controller and would I be better off saving the money for more add-ons (REX is just around the corner after all!) instead of buying an extra piece of hardware?

Any comments/suggestions gratefully received.