PDA

View Full Version : Boomerang

mike_cyul
April 3rd, 2010, 19:50
Looks like someone found it. :)

Miles to go before this one's complete, but as it's beginning to look like a Boomerang, thought I'd share a couple of pics. Cockpit is incomplete, and bright-green parts don't have textures yet, and obviously still a milllion parts left to do.

As there appears to be quite a few Pacific WWII projects going on, I figure that a renowned target-marker and strafer/ground support aircraft would have a place. I've also been interested in the Boomerang for a long time, for some reason - there's a model of one I built when I was 16 still hanging in a store window in Montreal. I really liked the Aeroplane Heaven version in FS9, one of the first payware aircraft I bought. Building a sim version for FSX is just one way to get to know them even better. Interesting airplane! :)

(And thanks to Bill Womack for putting the boy and his bike in his Dillingham scenery!)

Mike

txnetcop
April 3rd, 2010, 19:56
Hey Mike WOW!
Ted

MCDesigns
April 3rd, 2010, 20:08
Very cool Mike! can never have enough vintage props!

yeah, I spend so much time at Dillingham, Bills boy and his bike was an inspiration, (well kinda, LOL)

Lewis-A2A
April 3rd, 2010, 20:09
Bravo mike, a very underdone aircraft for FS, and by FS, I mean flight simulation in general let alone just within MSFS!

:ernae:

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2010, 20:31
The sign of a great FS Developer is when he chooses to make something he loves. You can tell immediately after a purchase if something was made simply to maximize profit.

That looks beautiful, Mike. :ernae:

Piglet
April 3rd, 2010, 20:59
And to think, the Boomerang was gonna be my next project...
It really is a WIP, says so on the fuselage!:jump:

euroastar350
April 3rd, 2010, 21:14
Very cool Mike! can never have enough vintage props!

yeah, I spend so much time at Dillingham, Bills boy and his bike was an inspiration, (well kinda, LOL)

Michael,

Wat scenery did she come from?:wiggle:

jankees
April 3rd, 2010, 23:05
wow, nice model!

and that shot with the boy is fantastic!

Pips
April 4th, 2010, 00:26
Brilliant!! :jump::jump::jump:

I luv this stubby little fighter. All the more so as I see it every second month flying at Temora. :) That engine has such a throaty roar.

huub vink
April 4th, 2010, 04:27
Very nice Michael! And a great screenshot from the boy with bike

And to think, the Boomerang was gonna be my next project...
It really is a WIP, says so on the fuselage!:jump:

Tim, when you are looking for another project, just contact me......... ;)

Cheers,
Huub

Milton Shupe
April 4th, 2010, 05:25
Yes sir; lovin' the looks of that Mike. :applause:

MudMarine
April 4th, 2010, 05:37
Awesome Mike!! I sure would love a FSX 109 to blow some P-51's out of the sky with.....hint, hint!:icon_lol:

peter12213
April 4th, 2010, 10:17
Really nice! Always liked the Boomerang!

warchild
April 4th, 2010, 12:30
Ahhh sigh.. now if only the boy and his bike were all cute and sexy and the pilot a girl .. oh well.. ::LOL:; Great plane mike.. am looking forward to seeing this one when shes finished.. should be great fun..

Panther_99FS
April 4th, 2010, 12:32
Now that IS nice....:jump:

txnetcop
April 4th, 2010, 13:08
Ahhh sigh.. now if only the boy and his bike were all cute and sexy and the pilot a girl .. oh well.. ::LOL:; Great plane mike.. am looking forward to seeing this one when shes finished.. should be great fun..

Someone's been watching too many romance movies huh Pam? LOL
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Murray Cod
April 4th, 2010, 13:27
looks good - I hope this becomes a sticky when it is eventually released so I don't miss it.

good luck on the rest of the build.

trainee_pilot08
April 4th, 2010, 15:33
Excellent. Been waiting for a Boomerang for FSX. Thankyou. http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/icons/icon26.gif

Piglet
April 4th, 2010, 16:07
If anyone needs a flight manual for the Boomerang, I know where to get one.
http://flight-manuals-on-cd.com (http://flight-manuals-on-cd.com/)

mike_cyul
April 4th, 2010, 17:24
If anyone needs a flight manual for the Boomerang, I know where to get one.
http://flight-manuals-on-cd.com

Thanks, Piglet. Wozza has kindly lent me the book "Wirraway, Boomerang & CA-15 in Australian Service", by Stewart Wison, and it contains an absolute wealth of operating and handling information (including negative), including pilots notes, plus I've two other technical publications which fill in other blanks, but good to know there's another source of info if needed.

And thanks, everybody, for the encouraging comments. :)

Mike

warchild
April 4th, 2010, 19:00
Hey Mike?/ Is this gonna be a flight replicase release?? i got a couple of your other planes that ive loved for years and would love to see this one there too..

mike_cyul
April 4th, 2010, 19:36
Hey Mike?/ Is this gonna be a flight replicase release?? i got a couple of your other planes that ive loved for years and would love to see this one there too..

Yes indeed, it'll be a Flight Replicas aircraft.

I'll be posting more pictures and info as things move along, and will try and find time to update the website WIP pages, as well.

Mike

warchild
April 4th, 2010, 20:21
for the fist time tonight, i have a smile on my face :)
Thanks mike :) :)

Z-DarthVader
April 5th, 2010, 00:35
That makes two of us!! Lovely choice of aircraft there!

Looking forward to a Boomerang with FR quality!!

Cheers,

DV

grunau_baby
April 5th, 2010, 00:46
Great choice! And great work so far, Mike!!!:ernae: I love it when devs point their interest to those neglected underdog aircraft. Sturdy little fighter, always liked the looks of it!

Alex

Roger
April 5th, 2010, 06:33
It's looking really super Mike:ernae:

Dexdoggy
April 5th, 2010, 16:13
Really great work, and so nice to see an old Aussie war-horse being done for FSX! :salute: