PDA

View Full Version : Warbirdsim P-51 compared to A2A P-47?

tracyq144
April 3rd, 2010, 13:53
Note the "compared", not "versus.

I have a screwy way of getting paid, with the result that this weekend I have plenty of cash, but only $50 that I can spend via the "internets". But, being the FSX junkie that I am, I would not mind spending that $50 on an addon.

Too little for PNW, too little for the B-17 with Accusim (which would be my first choice!), but maybe not too little for the WBS P-51.

Now, truth is, I have the A2A Jug, but rarely fly it, as I usually trash the engine within 15 minutes, or less, of starting. Yes, I am a terrible virtual pilot.

Hope, however, springs eternal, and the B/C model of the Mustang remains a favorite, so...

How does it compare, in your experience, to the A2A P-47? Visuals, flight model, systems management requirements, ease of flying, whatever?

jankees
April 3rd, 2010, 15:18
The P-47 wins on all counts, except trashability.
It's impossible to destroy the WBS engine, so it might just be the thing for you.
On the other hand, you might read the manual for the P-47, once you know how to operate it, I find it's very hard to go wrong

(this is my personal opinion though, I love'em both)

gajit
April 3rd, 2010, 15:48
Yes - i have both but have to agree with Jankees. I would wait anyway in hope that A2A do great things with the Mustang - hopefully offering different versions.

res non verba
April 3rd, 2010, 16:18
for me too the p-47 is a winner in all fronts, nevertheless the p-51 is an excelent model.

tracyq144
April 3rd, 2010, 16:32
On the other hand, you might read the manual for the P-47, once you know how to operate it, I find it's very hard to go wrong

"He's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf, a horse's health,
a boy's love, or a whore's oath."

Point taken, however. :wavey:

Snuffy
April 3rd, 2010, 17:56
If yer loving the A2A B-17 with accu-sim, you'll love the P-47 with Accu-sim.