PDA

View Full Version : Custom HUD Gunsight for ETO Notam

Phenozo
April 2nd, 2010, 10:55
We've had alot of fun with the superior product that has become ETO, and in the past few weeks we have been further tweaking it, and ironing out any issues as we find them, through discovery, trial, and error.

One issue that came up was using a "custom HUD gunsight'. We found our custom gunsight installs would revert back to the stock CFS3 one. Today I took the time to investigate this and believe I have found the cause/remedy.

What happened was that the program read another reticule.dds and caused the custom HUD gunsight to either not display or, revert back to the stock CFS3 HUD gunsight if the custom gunsight worked properly at first.

Aside from the typical Custom HUD Gunsight installation instruction you will also need to address the reticule.dds file which is found in the DR_Gunsights subfolder in the CFS3 ETO Expansion heirarchy and overwrite or replace it, the same as you do for the retcule.dds file which resides in the Aircraft / Shared subfolder of the CFS3 ETO Expansion, to correct the above issue.

DR_Gunsights is a subfolder of the Aircraft / Shared subfolder.

Example of Path :

C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Games/CFS3 ETO Expansion/aircraft/shared/DR_Gunsights

The second reticule.dds file resides in DR_Gunsights and must also be edited to correct the problem.

I tested a few different planes and in different eras and have not had my custom gunsight revert since doing this additional edit and I suspect that it is the permanent solution to the problem as it was prior to investigation.

Remember to delete the old ViewUI.xml file in the App Data/Roaming/Microsoft/CFS3 ETO Expansion____ folder also to finalize and effect the custom HUD gunsight if using this NOTAM as a correction...

Long May You Fly

~S~ :salute: