PDA

View Full Version : Said farewel tol my best mate today

AussieMan
April 1st, 2010, 22:44
Less than 24 hours after arriving home from Walgett I have had to say farewell to my best friend Squirt. He was 16 years old as was showing signs of his age when I went away.

Just before lunch today he drew his final breath and went to join his sister in Cat Heaven. I hope there are lots of mice there for him.

Farewell Squirt. RIP old mate.

Cheers
Pat

Lionheart
April 1st, 2010, 23:03
Im sorry to hear that Pat.

May Squirt have fun on the other side. May his soul rest in peace.

Every now and then, I see my Katya in a dream. I think she's doing pretty good.

Bill

Z-claudius24
April 1st, 2010, 23:35
Hi,

Sad ...

Anyways ...

It is a very old belief, an old legend. This story comes from the ancient Egyptians, who were among the first to domesticate cats, around 3000 years ago.
The Egyptians worshiped cats.
They were amazed at the great strength of the cat. The Egyptians had noticed that the cats could live out of a fall from a considerable height.
They came to believe that the cat had 9 lives because thanks to this great resistance, he regularly escaped death.
They say cats have 9 lives because the cat always finds a way to survive when in danger.

But why 9 lives? The legend is rooted in ancient religious beliefs. It was believed that the 9 was a mystical figure. Because it is composed of three three, a trinity trinity (group of 3 times 3 gods).
One could say that the number 9 was the "fashion". We considered it good luck or that he had supernatural power.
The figure 9 is a part of myths and traditions of all countries of the world.
The number of fatalities attributed to the cat follows from these ancient beliefs.

Roadburner440
April 1st, 2010, 23:46
That is sad. May Squirt rest in peace. I sure hope my Himalayan cat has a lot of life left in him as me and my wife don't even really know how old he is. I know it will be a sad day when he passes on. At least you know you gave him the best life possible, and enjoyed every moment of it.

harleyman
April 2nd, 2010, 01:57
So sad to hear this...my pets become my people in short time too ! may Squirt run, frolic, and have mice galore in his new life....

centuryseries
April 2nd, 2010, 02:18
Don't worry Pat, I have it on good authority there are plenty of mice up there.

Navy Chief
April 2nd, 2010, 06:56
Sorry to hear about Squirt. But you will see him again when you cross the Rainbow Bridge. He'll be there waiting for you!

I thank God every day for all my cats and my dog, "Chief". They give me such comfort and love....

NC

txnetcop
April 2nd, 2010, 07:00
Sorry to hear the sad news AussieMan. I quit getting pets cause I just can't take it when they die. I never knew I was such a danged softee!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

GT182
April 2nd, 2010, 07:08
Sorry to hear that Pat. It sucks losing a pet you really care for, I can feel your pain. R.I.P. Squirt.

MaddogK
April 2nd, 2010, 07:38
Sad news Aussieman, but rest assured there are plenty of mice up there, my cat saw to that (his name is also Squirt).

OBIO
April 2nd, 2010, 08:23
Aussieman

Sorry to hear of your loss. 16 years of love from a good pet....that is a lot of love.

OBIO

Little Chacha
April 2nd, 2010, 08:42
:wavey: From Hannah. Bye.

Toastmaker
April 2nd, 2010, 09:03
Sorry to hear he's gone. but clearly he had a great life with you!

:salute:

jmig
April 2nd, 2010, 11:20
I am sorry to hear about your pet, Pat. Pets have a way of making themselves part of our lives. when they die, it is hard on us.

papab
April 3rd, 2010, 11:13
Less than 24 hours after arriving home from Walgett I have had to say farewell to my best friend Squirt. He was 16 years old as was showing signs of his age when I went away.

Just before lunch today he drew his final breath and went to join his sister in Cat Heaven. I hope there are lots of mice there for him.

Farewell Squirt. RIP old mate.

Cheers
Pat

Pat,
Have you ever seen the poem"Rainbow Bridge"?
Here it is for you and this really helps a lot....

<TABLE border=0 cellPadding=10 width="70%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2 align=left>All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... "

Author unknown...

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

BOOM
April 3rd, 2010, 16:18
Sorry Pat,but look at all the good times you gave your cat by taking such good care of him,I'm sure he had a wonderful life!not all can say that.

AussieMan
April 3rd, 2010, 19:05
It didn't take long for the field mice to realise he was gone. This morning I counted no less than 8 running around on top of the kitchen cupboards. Will see if I can get some mouse traps today.

My local vet has some cats there so I will see if I can get one.

Incidentally the reason I have a mouse problem is that I live next to the local cemetry and also have a lot of open ground around me.

Cheers
Pat

Ken Stallings
April 3rd, 2010, 19:31
It's always sad when a faithful pet passes away. But, I have learned that you remember fondly the many good times together.

Cheers,

Ken

tigisfat
April 3rd, 2010, 19:33
Sorry Pat,but look at all the good times you gave your cat by taking such good care of him,I'm sure he had a wonderful life!not all can say that.

agreed. My cat hangs out at home all day while I go out and try to pay the bills. I don't think he's ever had a job. Such a life he's had, and I'll miss him terribly one day.

This caturday is dedicated to your buddy.

lifejogger
April 3rd, 2010, 19:37
Sorry about your cat Pat, I know how you feel. I had to put my 16 year old Basset Hound to sleep a couple of weeks ago. :salute: