PDA

View Full Version : What the #@)* happened to YouTube!?

Kiwikat
April 1st, 2010, 21:35
Is it still an april fools joke or what? They RUINED the site. All the music videos I used to watch have all been removed due to copyright violations. They got rid of the stars rating scale. The format is all horrible now. This is even worse than when yahoo "upgraded" their looks not too long ago.

What they should have done for april fool's is make every video say "Removed due to terms of use violation". Too bad it isn't just joking around anymore...

If they keep this up, I don't see youtube lasting even 5 more years. So many other video sites are nicer now and don't control content like YT does now.

Since Google bought it, its -> :toilet:

I really hope tomorrow when I wake up it will be back to what it used to be...

tigisfat
April 1st, 2010, 21:38
I agree. This new format possibly limits functionality. Everything I used to use is all clunky now, and I can't delete from the quicklist. I haven't even bothered figuring out how to reply to comments yet.

Prowler1111
April 1st, 2010, 21:41
It became big, thatīs what happened..and when you get that big, you start sitting on someone else toes, specially on those with nothing else to do than look for this kind of stuff and a lazy buck for some beers..
Best regards
Prowler

tigisfat
April 1st, 2010, 21:47
OH yeah,

and they want us to use that stupid text view to save them money? yeah right.

Kiwikat
April 1st, 2010, 21:51
http://youtube-global.blogspot.com/

There's the link to all the wonderful changes!

:rocket::banghead::banghead::banghead::hatchet:

LMFAO Every last post about it in their forums is negative.

stiz
April 1st, 2010, 22:27
i can see why, i dont like it either :kilroy:

demorier
April 2nd, 2010, 00:49
Don't know what all the fuss is about...can't notice much difference myself. Could be some international licence thing but...some things available overseas we do not have full access to here in OZ.

Blackbird686
April 2nd, 2010, 01:30
It became big, thatīs what happened..and when you get that big, you start sitting on someone else toes, specially on those with nothing else to do than look for this kind of stuff and a lazy buck for some beers..
Best regards
Prowler

Prowler -- You hit the nail right on the head, man. Couldn't have said it better.

BB686:USA-flag:

d0mokun
April 2nd, 2010, 01:31
It's free! There are other sites, so use them instead if they are better!

I must admit the thing I don't like is the auto-showing of all comments. I don't want to view comments. 99.9% of them are absolutely stupid.

Other than that it all looks like it works the same, just without that star rating system.

The iPhone YouTube thing still works like it used to though!

Dan.

pernik
April 2nd, 2010, 01:51
OH yeah,

and they want us to use that stupid text view to save them money? yeah right.

April Fools.
All the vids I watched yesterday with textp are now back to normal. Can't find the option on any new vids.

Skittles
April 2nd, 2010, 03:17
The new layout is excellent. Much more streamlined. Frankly you just don't like it because you're not used to it! The only functionality that has been removed is the star rating system (which was a pile of crap anyway) so no loss there.

As for removing videos for copyright infringement - that's nothing to do with youtube - it's to do with the music companies threatening HUGE lawsuits if they host certain material.

In 2007 Viacom tried to sue them for $1 BILLION for copyright infringement. Every music company out there rides them. Not their fault at all.

Bjoern
April 2nd, 2010, 10:20
Stop complaining, you don't even get that godawful copyrightnazi limitation on music videos. ;P

The new layout is cool. So...clean.