PDA

View Full Version : Sound File Guru Needed

dvslats
April 1st, 2010, 15:38
Hi all,
I remember some time ago, me had a sound file (Radial Engine Generic) that had a neat little attribute.
Using a corsair as an example, when one was in a dive and started to reach about 360 knots airspeed a sort of scream/whistle came into play. This came in handy especially if your aircraft is set-up to emulate compressability. Time to back off and level out.

Do any of the folk here have a sound file by that name?
or
Could someone advise me as to how to add something like this to the sound.cfg plus a suitable .wav file.

The only thing I do remember about the author of the original was that it was included in a Blue Arrow freeware release.

Thanks For Any Help On This, Dave

erufle
April 3rd, 2010, 06:55
I may be wrong but I think there are more than one sound files out there for Corsairs that "scream" when approaching compression. There are also sound files for JU87 stukas out there that have sirens on them. I would check the recently released donationware Corsairs first. I was flying them a couple of weeks ago and I think I remember hearing that "scream." Of course, I was probably using another sound file that I had downloaded earlier, in which case, I could not tell you where it came from. Anyway, I am pretty sure this characteristic is common in Corsair sound files.

dvslats
April 3rd, 2010, 15:45
You are right erufle! Went hunting around today and found the complete sound set-up at theghostfiles web page. Now I'm a happy camper again. :jump:
Dave