PDA

View Full Version : Radial Engine heading East

OBIO
April 1st, 2010, 15:00
Was out on the patio having a smoke, and off to my far far left I heard the unmistakable sound of a radial aircraft engine. I stood up and began scanning the sky to get a look at the plane. It was low on the horizon and too far away to really tell what it was. Low wing, single engine. Medium sized I would say....definitely bigger than the usual single engine inliners I see flying about....not as big as the 3 Beech King Air 300s I saw in quick succession while trimming black berry brambles. I am wracking my little brain trying to peg what would fall into that category: medium size, low wing, single radial. Must have been in the sun too long earlier cause my brain ain't giving me many options to choose from.

Anyone know of a way to look at air traffic control info for KMFD (Mansfield Lahm Regional) and see what is in their air space at around 6:30 PM Eastern Time and heading East?

OBIO

Ken Stallings
April 1st, 2010, 15:05
Flight Aware.com

If the pilot filed IFR the listing will certainly be there. Just click the option for the departure or arrival airport.

Ken

Ken Stallings
April 1st, 2010, 15:12
Just checked. Nothing IFR scheduled into our out of KMFD today. At this point no option that I'm aware of to check. Also, nothing currently in the air in proximity of KMFD that matches your description.

Ken

Jagdflieger
April 1st, 2010, 16:03
T-6 Texan or perhaps a T-28 Trojen?