PDA

View Full Version : Three for Thursday

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 09:45
Name three people you'd like to meet and include the reason why.

There's also a twist- out of the 3, two would be considered "good guys" and one would be a "villain".

These people can be dead or alive.

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-talk002.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

MaddogK
April 1st, 2010, 09:53
Can they be fictional ?

1. Nikola Tesla- Greatest inventor EVER
2. Leonardo DeVinci- Idea man extraordinaire
3. Jack the ripper- Just to know who he is, and why he did what he did.

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 09:56
Can they be fictional ?

1. Nikola Tesla
2. Leonardo DeVinci
3. Jack the ripper

They sure can :)

Can you tell us why these three? Doesn't have to be elaborate, just to help us understand your choices?

HouseHobbit
April 1st, 2010, 09:58
Jesus Christ, Adam and Jezebel..
Yea all from the Bible..
Jezebel is my Favorite bad girl..Nothing like a wanton woman to make ones life Crazy...LOL..
The other two go without saying I gress..
I'd have to ask Adam a few questions,
And would BOW and Worship to our Lord..

But I would ask Our Lord Why he had to make me so UGLY..
LOL..LOL..I mean He could have Made me pretty like C9G... Right...
Well...maybe Not..
LOL...

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 10:00
... Can you tell us why these three? Doesn't have to be elaborate, just to help us understand your choices?

"Please, won't you come in and lay down on my couch and tell me about your mother?"

LOL! Alrighty Sigmond, I'll be right over.

:bump: :bump: :bump:

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 10:03
I would think Eve and Rahab would rank right up there with Jezzie ...

Eve by far the more Treacherous of the group.

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 10:04
"Please, won't you come in and lay down on my couch and tell me about your mother?"

LOL! Alrighty Sigmond, I'll be right over.

:bump: :bump: :bump:

I'm sure you meant Sigmund right Snuffy??

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 10:05
I'm sure you meant Sigmund right Snuffy??

Mebbe ... :wiggle:

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 10:05
Mebbe ... :wiggle:

Right....

MaddogK
April 1st, 2010, 10:06
Jesus Christ, Adam and Jezebel..
Yea all from the Bible..
Jezebel is my Favorite bad girl..Nothing like a wanton woman to make ones life Crazy...LOL..
The other two go without saying I gress..
I'd have to ask Adam a few questions,
And would BOW and Worship to our Lord..

But I would ask Our Lord Why he had to make me so UGLY..
LOL..LOL..I mean He could have Made me pretty like C9G... Right...
Well...maybe Not..
LOL...

...Something that ALWAYS bothered me about the christian religion: Why pray to Jesus ? GOD is da man, Jesus is his son (as we all are).

...sorry, O/T.

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 10:08
...Something that ALWAYS bothered me about the christian religion: Why pray to Jesus ? GOD is da man, Jesus is his son (as we all are).

...sorry, O/T.

Actually, GOD is da SPIRIT! Jesus was a man ...

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 10:10
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs108.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Back to the main topic please ! :)

MaddogK
April 1st, 2010, 10:21
http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs108.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Back to the main topic please ! :)

Sorry sunshine, just exploring the fictional character angle.

HouseHobbit
April 1st, 2010, 10:22
Oh yea the topic, let's see was that C9G 's legs??
OPPPS.. I got distracted again..
Sorry about that..

That 's right Three people we would Like to meet,
Can I add one More???
PLEASE..PLEASE...

How about C9G

OPPPS got distracted again..
Going to My Hobbit Hole this is very confusing..

cheezyflier
April 1st, 2010, 10:36
hmmm that's a tough one. i'll give it the ol' high school drop out try though....

1) my dad
he died when i was a teenager and we never got along. i wonder how it might go now that i am older and don't know everything anymore.

2) jackie chan
he's extremely intelligent, funny, and i suspect he would be fun to hang out with

3)tokugawa leyasu
he changed history and brought about the fuedal era in japan that everyone knows from the movies. the true life of the shogun and the daimyo and the samurai class is not much like what the movies show. he would be an interesting guy to talk to if i could get past the ego

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 10:40
hmmm that's a tough one. i'll give it the ol' high school drop out try though....

1) my dad
he died when i was a teenager and we never got along. i wonder how it might go now that i am older and don't know everything anymore.

2) jackie chan
he's extremely intelligent, funny, and i suspect he would be fun to hang out with

3)tokugawa leyasu
he changed history and brought about the fuedal era in japan that everyone knows from the movies. the true life of the shogun and the daimyo and the samurai class is not much like what the movies show. he would be an interesting guy to talk to if i could get past the ego

You did well CF :) It's sweet that you would want to meet your Dad "again"- I'm sure he would have a lot to share with you.
Thanks for posting!

Bjoern
April 1st, 2010, 10:53
1) Ché Guevara - For hearing about the cuban revolution firsthand.
2) Steve Mc Queen - Need some tips for timeless, mindblowing coolness.
3) Guido Westerwelle - For congratulating him on successful real-life trolling of the whole country.

Wait, there's no badarse in there...so make Hitler number four.

OBIO
April 1st, 2010, 11:14
My 3:

Gingus Khan: Just to hang out with the nastiest butt kicker of all time and eat Yak cheese.

Theodore Roosevelt: The coolest President the US has had.

Harry S. Truman: The most under-rated and forgotten President the Us has had....but probably the best all around President the US has had.

OBIO

Tako_Kichi
April 1st, 2010, 11:25
Eric Clapton - I just admire the man for his music and everything he has been through, he's had a rough life at times (some self-inflicted of course) and after all we all know Clapton is God....right!

Samuel F Cody - The inventor of the 'Cody War Kite', the first man to complete a powered flight in the UK and the first man to cross the English Channel in a boat using a kite for propulsion.
http://sfcody.org.uk/

Sonny Barger - As a former 1%er in my late teens I would just like to know if all the bad press he got was justified or if it was a major smear campaign against bikers in general.
http://www.sonnybarger.com/index3.html

Little Chacha
April 1st, 2010, 11:26
I want to ask him how is it to ride a basket when he was a baby on the flowing river. I want to meet the Richest man on earth. And ask him if he could pay for my college. I like to be a scholar. I promise I will study hard. I want to be a pilot. Or a Boss Pilot. I want to meet Victoria. I want to ask her what is her Secret. Why is she always pretty. And my Mom wants to look like her. From Hannah. Bye. :wavey:

jmig
April 1st, 2010, 12:24
Thomas Jefferson - By far one of my biggest role models and an all around genius and humble man.

Jesus - Yes, I would like to meet him. He did more to change the world than any other person who ever lived. God or no god.

Judas - I would like to hear his side of the story.

bismarck13
April 1st, 2010, 12:24
1) Shakira

2) Drew Barrymore

3) Kate Hudson

I don't think I need to explain why do I? Oh, Kate is the villain, I mean anyone who would date a Yankee (and A-Rod especially) has to be considered all bad.

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2010, 12:36
#1 - My dad. He passed away in 1993. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him. So much I wished I had talked to him about. Such a wonderful man, and an equally great father. I miss him very much.

# 2 - Jimmy Stewart. He was, in my opinion, the finest actor that ever lived, plus he was a true patriot. He would have made a great President. I am convinced of that!

# 3 - John Dillinger. My grandfather was the Sheriff of Vermilion County, IL during the late 1930s, and used to tell me stories about the gangsters of that era. Fascinating stuff.

lifejogger
April 1st, 2010, 13:22
1. Winston Churchill -The greatest statesman in the first half of the 20th century.
2. Samuel Clemens - Great story teller.
3, Jimmy Bishop - punched me in the nose in the third grade.

cheezyflier
April 1st, 2010, 13:54
Sonny Barger - As a former 1%er in my late teens I would just like to know if all the bad press he got was justified or if it was a major smear campaign against bikers in general.
http://www.sonnybarger.com/index3.html

many of the ones i knew said he was phony.

I want to ask him how is it to ride a basket when he was a baby on the flowing river. I want to meet the Richest man on earth. And ask him if he could pay for my college. I like to be a scholar. I promise I will study hard. I want to be a pilot. Or a Boss Pilot. I want to meet Victoria. I want to ask her what is her Secret. Why is she always pretty. And my Mom wants to look like her. From Hannah. Bye. :wavey:

hannah, if you study real hard, and get good grades, and be involved in some of the extra curicular activities, you may qualify for a scholarship when the time comes. my nephew is going to college in pennsylvania right now on a full scholarship. or maybe get the airforce to pay for your college, and also teach you how to be a pilot. there are lots of women pilots, you can do it if you try hard and never quit.

Clarke123
April 1st, 2010, 13:55
My Grandad - the biggest rogue going, died when I was five. I'd like to talk with him about his time during the war, all his adventures and misadventures that have become our family folklore and to terrorize the local women with a night on the tiles ( his charm with the ladies is legendary and I never got the chance to learn the secret from him )

John Moffat - The Royal Navy Swordfish pilot credited with the hit that brought the Bismark to it's knees. I've just read his book and he has led a fascinating life from his childhood escapades with his dog to his performing aerobatics in a light aircraft to celebrate his 90th birthday.

Joseph Goebbels - Now there's someone that was mad as a bag of monkeys. I'd be curious to find out about the way he saw the world and what in hell motivated him to commit such heinous acts and propagate so much hate and suffering.

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 13:57
1. Winston Churchill -The greatest statesman in the first half of the 20th century.
2. Samuel Clemens - Great story teller.
3, Jimmy Bishop - punched me in the nose in the third grade.

All great ones lifejogger!

LOL @ Jimmy Bishop...punching you in the nose in the 3rd grade. Those are the things we NEVER forget huh?

Bjoern
April 2nd, 2010, 09:29
1) Shakira

2) Drew Barrymore

3) Kate Hudson

I don't think I need to explain why do I? Oh, Kate is the villain, I mean anyone who would date a Yankee (and A-Rod especially) has to be considered all bad.

Ooooooo, good ones! Especially Shakira...I mean, dang, she can *really* swing those hips...:icon_lol:

Snuffy
April 2nd, 2010, 09:34
Abraham Lincoln ... In my mind THE greatest President the U.S. has had. I want to advise him to skip theather night. :) Tell him to tell Mary to go pound salt ...

Robert E Lee ... Probably the most charismatic General there was. Who else could have inspired what he did for the Southern Cause. It was most likely by his sheer determination that the ACW lasted as long as it did.

Eve. As in Adam and Eve. I wanna B*tch slap that woman right at the time she decided to fall for the line she was fed.

safn1949
April 2nd, 2010, 09:52
1) Ché Guevara - For hearing about the cuban revolution firsthand.
2) Steve Mc Queen - Need some tips for timeless, mindblowing coolness.
3) Guido Westerwelle - For congratulating him on successful real-life trolling of the whole country.

Wait, there's no badarse in there...so make Hitler number four.

Ché Guevara was a coward and a mass murderer,I would say he qualified.

Hitler......just to ask him why.

PFC Ralph E. Pomeroy from my adopted state of West Virginia to ask him how you summon up that type of courage.
http://www.msc.navy.mil/inventory/citations/pomeroy.htm

Alberto Rivera.....unknown to most,a decent and brave man to me.

Cloud9Gal
April 2nd, 2010, 09:55
Here are my three:

Walt Disney: He was such a "family" man- strong morals & values. And what an imagination! He left us with a legacy of a lifetime!

Sydney Poitier: After reading his book "The measure of a man", I became an instant fan. Wise man-highly intelligent. Strong morals- I could learn a lot from him.

Hitler: I would want to try to understand what went through his mind during his era.

djscoo
April 2nd, 2010, 10:06
1) Emma Watson (sigh...a man can dream can't he?)
2) Demetri Martin
3) Charles Taylor (I saw an interesting documentary on Liberia, and I'd be curious about his perspective.)

Snuffy
April 2nd, 2010, 10:21
1) Emma Watson (sigh...a man can dream can't he?) ...

Is she legal? Oh! I see you're barely legal yourself! LOL! :bump: Dream away then.

djscoo
April 2nd, 2010, 10:39
Is she legal? Oh! I see you're barely legal yourself! LOL! :bump: Dream away then.
She's actually a year older than me...:mixedsmi:

safn1949
April 2nd, 2010, 10:55
She's actually a year older than me...:mixedsmi:

I have clothes older than you and my truck is only 3 years younger.:d

boxcar
April 2nd, 2010, 10:58

...I want to meet Victoria. I want to ask her what is her Secret. Why is she always pretty. And my Mom wants to look like her...

Now we know more of why Chacha went on Red Alert with you on Spring Break, Hannah. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-001.gif Besides, your mommy's heart is more beautiful than the way Victoria looks. Hope you are having fun swimming & going to the library on your break!

Tasuhke Witko/Crazy Horse- Because we are so much alike that it's spooky. One strange man who never let down his people.

George Rogers Clark- Because of his tactical brilliance, leadership by example & his long-suffering for helping to secure our nation's future.

Charles Manson - Just to see if I could keep him out of my head as well as try to get inside of his.

Bjoern
April 2nd, 2010, 11:03

He was a politician personally fighting for his ideals down in the mud. And that makes him quite awesome.
Can't agree with his ideas of communism though, but that's an entirely different cup o' tea. Cowardice? No, not at all.

If you want mass murderers, look into the genocide department. Stalin, Mao, Hitler, Pol Pot and whoever practiced applied racism in Africa.

Hitler......just to ask him why.Well, I just want to do three things anyways. Tell him that he is still widely spoken of and most probably the most "famous" man in history. Then, I'll kick him in the balls for the Holocaust and kick his arse for not invading England and later assuming supreme command in Russia.

Walt Disney: He was such a "family" man- strong morals & values. And what an imagination! He left us with a legacy of a lifetime!

He was also an outspoken antisemite, but that rarely got through over his contribution to the movie industry.

Hitler
: I would want to try to understand what went through his mind during his era.Most probably "Rrrrrrrrevenge for Versailles!!!!!!!!!1111111".

boxcar
April 2nd, 2010, 11:11

[Che] was a politician personally fighting for his ideals down in the mud. And that makes him quite awesome.
Can't agree with his ideas of communism though, but that's an entirely different cup o' tea. Cowardice? No, not at all.

Agreed. http://www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com/home.html The early Che, apart from all the propoganda that continue to make him a monster.
Certainly one of the worst Finance Ministers in history & the maker of some really bad decisions, but a highly interesting man nonetheless.

"We mobilize our vast, global press machinery
to spread conservative & corporate interests,
presenting believable rhetoric convincing of
corporations & politicians fighting for you
to impart a sense of caring for the people;
you decide."

Clarke123
April 2nd, 2010, 11:16
and kick his arse for not invading England
Whoa, what the hell! :angryfir:

I'd like to see your lot try it :tgun2:

:unitedkingdom: :unitedkingdom: :unitedkingdom: :unitedkingdom:

jmig
April 2nd, 2010, 12:43
Careful on the political opinions. We don't want to start WWIII.

:)

cheezyflier
April 2nd, 2010, 16:13
Thomas Jefferson - By far one of my biggest role models and an all around genius and humble man.

Jesus - Yes, I would like to meet him. He did more to change the world than any other person who ever lived. God or no god.

Judas - I would like to hear his side of the story.

i actually considered those 3 initially. the reason i finally chose otherwise is because i expect to someday meet 2 of them

i agree 100% and i have to admit, it baffles me to see so many people fascinated by him

Sydney Poitier: After reading his book "The measure of a man", I became an instant fan. Wise man-highly intelligent. Strong morals- I could learn a lot from him.

:applause:bravo on this one. i don't know much about the man, but holy smokes, he was a talented actor. VERY few could claim the talent he had.

Bjoern
April 3rd, 2010, 07:22
.Agreed. http://www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com/home.html The early Che, apart from all the propoganda that continue to make him a monster.

Well, for a monster he is pretty popular with the younger generations around the world. :d

Certainly one of the worst Finance Ministers in history & the maker of some really bad decisions, but a highly interesting man nonetheless..His problem was that he was too much of a hardcore communist. His ideas were nice, but not practically applicable.

Whoa, what the hell! :angryfir:

I'd like to see your lot try it :tgun2:

:unitedkingdom: :unitedkingdom: :unitedkingdom: :unitedkingdom:

Would be my pleasure. Prepare for sausages instead of fish and chips, better beer and game shows like this one:
zqAdxN1IWQQ

:d

Clarke123
April 3rd, 2010, 08:42
Not funny.

Cloud9Gal
April 3rd, 2010, 08:46
Not funny.

Let's keep it light and casual please :) No need for taunting!

djscoo
April 3rd, 2010, 10:13
:crybaby:

Silver Fox
April 3rd, 2010, 11:07
1. Hero of Alexandria. He devised windmills and steam engines 2000 years ago, and much of his work was lost. Fascinating to wonder how different the world might have been had the Industrial Revolution started in 10 AD.

2. Adolf Hitler. Kill the Jews? That's the best you can come up with? How about arming them and have them conquer the Holy Land as allies? Doofus!

3. Machiavelli. Play the Game? They named the game after him, what was he really like?

On the bench in case a starter isn't available... Leonardo Da Vinci. His inventions fascinate me, and I would like to know if the Mona Lisa is really a feminized self portrait. I have a feeling Hitler's appointments secretary would be one insanely busy Aryan. :)