PDA

View Full Version : Feng, quick question

Lionheart
March 31st, 2010, 22:22
Hey Feng,

You have alot of contacts in the gaming and modelling industry. Do you know of a person or two that create special order people figures?

It is a rare field in this sector. I usually do it myself, starting with Poser, but I am usually in need of clothes, and I am a 'vehicle design guy' so I am horrible at human stuff... arrgh.

Many thanks,

Bill

Francois
April 1st, 2010, 01:16
Bill, I think I may be able to help you there... seeing that you use Poser. Are you member of Poser World !!?? They make clothes on demand !

Lionheart
April 1st, 2010, 01:26
Hey Francois,

I did not know that.. I get the emails from that Daz3D, but they never have what I need, like a flight jacket in leather, etc..

I'll check it out.

It still would be nice though to have the pilots and figures 'ready done'. I am trying to push production and that would take some time out of the process.

Bill

Francois
April 1st, 2010, 02:17
We're working on something similar Bill.... we had a few guys able to do that and are trying to get in touch with them. I'll let you know should we succeed.

FengZ
April 1st, 2010, 03:08
Hey Bill,

Yeah, i can certainly hook you up.

You can get a lot of very good modelers out of China. If you provide some good references, they can model it 100% correct. The 3D modelers who work for me are some of the best...better than a lot of senior artists i know from the US.

I'm assuming you are looking for realtime models for flightsim right? Which means lower poly count, etc. Chinese modelers (also Korean) are very very good these days. Just let me know and i can put you in touch w/ the right people (and they are not very expensive). Turn around time is also very fast.

If you are looking for high-res models, the same people can do it...but the price is much higher since it takes longer (such as Zbrush models, or high poly maya, etc).

Poser is ok for general use. But if you want custom stuff w/ specific technical needs, it's much easier to have someone model it for you.

-feng

Lionheart
April 1st, 2010, 23:23
Thanks Feng.

So many times I needed help with pilots and standing figures. I can do some, but not well. Pilots are really important in these planes, in my humble opinion. Mike_CYUL's planes look brilliant, and his pilots with their extreme detail make the planes look absolutely brilliant.

On my next plane, I want a mechanic (from the 1940's perhaps) standing outside the plane, doing something static (looking around, maybe cleaning a wrench with an oil rag, animated). If (if) I can do this, its what I want. Its really nice doing planes with 'no' limits which is what FSX can do. I just wish I could get a programmer to make me a compiler for FS9 high poly mesh models...

Bill

cheezyflier
April 2nd, 2010, 05:34
man, you stuff just keeps getting cooler all the time. i can see eventually i'll have more lionheart stuff than anyone elses :icon_lol:

Lionheart
April 2nd, 2010, 12:02
Thanks CF.

I would have alot more if I just knew how to put these things and ideas in. One of the things thats really held me back is;
* Polygon limits
* C++ programming and program items/things/popups

Right now, I have been able to accellerate farther via help from my gauge guru Dwight. Sound effects was my next hurtle, which is gone now thanks to Bill Leaming of Eaglesoft Design. I would still like to have popup windows that can program your loadouts for weight and balance and switch out models, do maintenance on your plane, and things like that. I need that bad. But who does this? arrgh.. Tutorial movies are only just coming around and need much improvement...

Having some cool modelled pilots would really be nice, textured and all.