PDA

View Full Version : OT: GIMP users anywhere?

NoNewMessages
March 31st, 2010, 18:31
I'm looking for anyone who might work with Gimp and happen to be more experienced in scripting than what I happen to be...

I'm trying to do a script that does one thing and only one things on a group of files. My efforts so far have been futile, as the coding is cryptic and documentation very limited. It won't help for thie current project I'm trying to finish, but would be useful for future projects. SO if there are any Gimp-ers out there that could help I'll offer free software in return.

Please feel free to send me a PM. :salute:

Bjoern
April 1st, 2010, 10:35
GIMP user here, but no scripting knowledge.

NoNewMessages
April 1st, 2010, 15:18
Thanks anyway. I'll scrub the Gimp, because while it worked well on cleaning up some files, say 90%, the other 10% ended up looking like they were Andy Warhol paintings. Unfortunately, for me it has to be all 900+ files or nothing. Back to the drawing board.

Bjoern
April 2nd, 2010, 09:30
What did you want to do (or clean up) in those files in the first place?

Also, I think it might be useful asking around in some GIMP-related forums when it comes to scripting.

NoNewMessages
April 2nd, 2010, 10:42
What did you want to do (or clean up) in those files in the first place?

Trying to "clean-up" some source for photo scenery using the Auto Equalize. It worked very well on a lot, but some ended up looking like something a cat might have coughed up. My graphic skills are limited at best, so having another go at matching those that worked to those that didn't would turn my last brown hair to gray.

My step-niece's husband is a graphics guru, college degree and what not, but he seems to think the pending birth of their first child is more important than helping me with my problems. Kids nowadays...:violent:

Bjoern
April 2nd, 2010, 11:08
My step-niece's husband is a graphics guru, college degree and what not, but he seems to think the pending birth of their first child is more important than helping me with my problems. Kids nowadays...:violent:

Kids, huh? Always messing things up with awfully bad timing. :d

I can relate a bit. I used to get along extremely well with my neighbours (young couple) but noooo, they decided to have a kid (in their very early 20s! :isadizzy:) and had to move out for a bigger appartment. Bummer.