PDA

View Full Version : I'm hooked on this stuff....

Cloud9Gal
March 31st, 2010, 18:29
I don't know if any of you have had a chance to taste this stuff, but it is GOOD! Awesome alternative to soy milk or regular milk.
I never knew Almond Milk could taste so good!
I'm a milk lover, so I still drink good old fashion milk as well!

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l211/Windfury/p-ref-original.jpg

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 18:30
Okay ... I gotta ask.

How does one milk an Almond? :mixedsmi:

Cloud9Gal
March 31st, 2010, 18:31
Okay ... I gotta ask.

How does one milk an Almond? :mixedsmi:

Oh just put the engineer aside, quit asking questions and taste the darn thing!

LOL! Sheesh!

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 18:33
Must be awfully small teats ... I've never seen em on an Almond.

But on your recommendation, next time I go shopping I'll look it up and try it. :wavey:

Cloud9Gal
March 31st, 2010, 18:34

But on your recommendation, next time I go shopping I'll look it up and try it. :wavey:

You kill me!

Yeah go ahead Snuffy and take the taste challenge....I double dare ya!

http://www.bluediamond.com/

Chacha
March 31st, 2010, 18:35
Almond brand....

(you are like Hannah)

... she doesn't like girl's scout cookies

... and chicken fingers

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 18:37
You kill me!

Yeah go ahead Snuffy and take the taste challenge....I double dare ya!

http://www.bluediamond.com/

I don't kill ya that badly ...

And I said I would ... watch this thread, I'll report back. :salute:

HouseHobbit
March 31st, 2010, 18:42
LOL..LOL..LOL...LOL...
I am Hurt Here..
LOL..LOL..
You Two, Snuffy and C9G should be with the Marx Brothers..
Or the Three Stooges..
LOL..LOL..

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 18:46
You my short and hobbited friend are too easily amused. :wiggle:

jmig
March 31st, 2010, 18:47
Almond brand....

(you are like Hannah)

... she doesn't like girl's scout cookies

... and chicken fingers

The box in the picture says "Soy Free"?

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 18:50

Actually the box nor the picture say anything, they're incapable of communication, however it does read Soy Free.

LOL!

Its late I need sleep! Argh!

:wavey:

Cloud9Gal

You are right John~ that's because it is NOT soy milk. It is ALMOND milk. There's a difference between a soy bean and an almond.

jmig

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

AckAck
March 31st, 2010, 19:00
For that matter, how do you milk a Soy Bean?

Brian

txnetcop
March 31st, 2010, 19:14
Sheesh!!!! You guys crack me up! LOL Everyone knows you can't milk and almond or a soy bean you squeeze them to death...such violence for a glass of milk!
Ted

Snuffy
March 31st, 2010, 19:16
Sheesh!!!! You guys crack me up! LOL Everyone knows you can't milk and almond or a soy bean you squeeze them to death...such violence for a glass of milk!
Ted

:bump: :bump: :salute:

You sir are the master! LOL!

HouseHobbit
March 31st, 2010, 21:14
OKAY LOL..LOL..
This is Too Much!!
LOL..LOL..:applause::applause:

Yea the Three Stooges...
Are loose at SOH..
LOL..LOL..

Chacha
March 31st, 2010, 21:24
Soy Free...

Lactaid Free...

:bump:

Eeeks...

I need to update my prescription glasses....

crashaz
March 31st, 2010, 23:05
Actually the box nor the picture say anything, they're incapable of communication, however it does read Soy Free.

LOL!

Thanks for taking the bullet for us Snuffy... do us a favor and record video of yourself drinking it... think that's it going to be a hoot.

I only drink milk from cows.

Mooooo :wavey:

gigabyte
April 1st, 2010, 02:41
Ok so someone has figured out how to "milk" a Soya Bean, and an Almond, whats next, Kidney Bean Milk...? The stuff people can come up with, well the Russinas have been "Milking" a beverage from potatos for many many years, and what the Scottish and Irish "Milk" from grain is a beverage as well, OK so they forment it some after they "Milk it" but to some it is just like mothers milk...lol

BTW Thanks for the post C9G, I have never seen the Blue Diamond stuff before and I will have to look for it now, I just wonder what will happen when the Son in Law tries to forment it...lol

gigabyte
April 1st, 2010, 02:43

LOL!

Snuffy, I am not sure if the box or the picture can "read" either ... Got Ya!

jmig
April 1st, 2010, 03:18
Snuffy, you have been in rare form in this thread. Talk about milking it for all you can get.

Good humor :)

:salute:

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 03:34
Snuffy, I am not sure if the box or the picture can "read" either ... Got Ya!

Yeah Gig ... ya got me ... I told you it was late and I was tired.

IT should have been typed ... "You'll have to read it."

Ugh! :banghead:

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 03:34
Snuffy, you have been in rare form in this thread. Talk about milking it for all you can get.

Good humor :)

:salute:

And with that, I think I'll take my pail and go home. :running:

kilo delta
April 1st, 2010, 03:43
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsN36mz_PA

MudMarine
April 1st, 2010, 03:48
Great morning laugh thread!! Goofballs!!:icon_lol: I've had almond milk and I can second the yummy!! Almonds are a great source of protein as a snack or as milk. My stomach doesn't tolerate the real stuff anymore.

Moparmike
April 1st, 2010, 06:01
Almond brand....

Actually, as you've already found out it's not a soy-base. It's basically almonds that have had the snot (and most of the fat) whipped out of them.
To paraphrase the famous credit line from many movies..."No soybeans were harmed in the making of this product..." :d

There are people that are soy intolerant...it can be just as annoying as being lactose or gluten intolerant. This is a good one for them to try out.
Not a bad choice for a diabetic milk substitute either...but I still prefer to stick with 1% Holstein juice myself. :)

Not a good choice if you're supposed to keep tabs on your salt intake though. It is a bit on the salty side.

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 06:07
Actually, as you've already found out it's not a soy-base. It's basically almonds that have had the snot (and most of the fat) whipped out of them.
To paraphrase the famous credit line from many movies..."No soybeans were harmed in the making of this product..." :d

There are people that are soy intolerant...it can be just as annoying as being lactose or gluten intolerant. This is a good one for them to try out.
Not a bad choice for a diabetic milk substitute either...but I still prefer to stick with 1% Holstein juice myself. :)

Not a good choice if you're supposed to keep tabs on your salt intake though. It is a bit on the salty side.

Thanks for the info Moparmike! Especially the part about the almonds having had the snot whipped out of them. LOL! What a visual!
They do have the "Vanilla" flavored Almond Milk Mike, and it's not salty at all. Hubby is also diabetic and he loves it on his cereal :)

PRB
April 1st, 2010, 06:12
Ok, I'll try it and report back...

Terry
April 1st, 2010, 06:35
I'll take mine smoked, with snot, and smash them with my teeth! :wavey:

PRB
April 1st, 2010, 08:03
Ok, I tried it. I bought the vanilla kind. Vanilla almond milk? That's three different things! It's pretty good, I have to say. I will try it with my chocolate cheerios tomorrow... :d

crashaz
April 1st, 2010, 08:16
ROFL! Great Chocolate and Vanilla,

Now if they could just combine chocolate with Peanut Butter.

Reese's Milk! :jump:

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 09:10
I'll take mine smoked, with snot, and smash them with my teeth! :wavey:

Oh I like them that way too Terry!

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 09:14
Ok, I tried it. I bought the vanilla kind. Vanilla almond milk? That's three different things! It's pretty good, I have to say. I will try it with my chocolate cheerios tomorrow... :d

Yay!!! Glad you liked it Paul! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-gen129.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)
Hubby pours it over his Banana Nut Cheerios!

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 09:16
ROFL! Great Chocolate and Vanilla,

Now if they could just combine chocolate with Peanut Butter.

Reese's Milk! :jump:

Woooooooo! Reese's Milk?! I like the thought of that! You could buy the Chocolate Almond Milk and pour it over the Reese's Puff Cereal. http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-eatdrink022.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2010, 12:06
Er....

C9Gal....you wouldn't be getting a sales commission for this stuff, would ya? I was just in the grocery store....and bought some!

NC

Clarke123
April 1st, 2010, 12:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DsN36mz_PA

I'll never drink milk again after that vid :barf:

kilo delta
April 1st, 2010, 13:01
I'll never drink milk again after that vid :barf:

:)

Makes you wonder though.....just what was the first human really at in order to discover cow's milk??:bump:

lifejogger
April 1st, 2010, 13:11
Where do you get Almond Milk at? At a almond dairy?:jump:

Can you freeze it and have ice almond cream?

Clarke123
April 1st, 2010, 13:14
:)

Makes you wonder though.....just what was the first human really at in order to discover cow's milk??:bump:
That really is a special kind of nasty. Even a thread about milk isn't safe with you lot about is it :icon_lol:

PRB
April 1st, 2010, 13:22
That really is a special kind of nasty. Even a thread about milk isn't safe with you lot about is it :icon_lol:

My Dad grew up on a farm, and loved "freshly squeezed milk", right out of the cow. He said that, I should qualify. Maybe he was pulling our legs, I don't know. All of his children thought that was insane!

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 13:36
My Dad grew up on a farm, and loved "freshly squeezed milk", right out of the cow. He said that, I should qualify. Maybe he was pulling our legs, I don't know. All of his children thought that was insane!

Paul~ Same exact thing for my Dad. He grew up on a farm as well, and always talked about warm milk straight from the cow's teat.

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 13:39
Er....

C9Gal....you wouldn't be getting a sales commission for this stuff, would ya? I was just in the grocery store....and bought some!

NC

Hey NC~ Yay! High Five! I'm glad you bought some.....but now you have to let us know what you think of it? Did you like it? Or will it be an acquired taste for you? Or maybe you spewed it right back out?

I had 1/2 glass of it first, just to taste it- then I poured it over my Vanilla Almond Special K- YUM! I was hooked!

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 14:17
Okay, I managed to buy a bag of almonds and I finally got them all milked.

Surprizingly ... its good! :) A little thicker than regular milk and it definately has a nutty flavor to it even though I bought the vanilla flavor.

Good Recommendation C9G!

Thanks you! You're a Princess!

:applause:

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 14:25
Alright Snuffy! Woohoo! I'm glad you like it- and the best part is that it's good for you :)

I bought the vanilla one yesterday- I like it even better than the regular one. Next, I will try the unsweetened one and see how it tastes.

Thanks for reporting back :)

PRB
April 1st, 2010, 14:32
That's the one I bought, Snuffy! "Cloud Girl Nine", you should get a commission for this!! :icon_lol:

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 14:37
That's the one I bought, Snuffy! "Cloud Girl Nine", you should get a commission for this!! :icon_lol:

You crack me up Pauly Wauly Ding Dong~

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-signs132.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

Navy Chief
April 1st, 2010, 15:40
but now you have to let us know what you think of it? Did you like it? Or will it be an acquired taste for you? Or maybe you spewed it right back out?

Oh I do like it! I have a soy milk maker (it will also make rice and almond milk). I need to try making almond milk. The key is to get the flavoring close to commercial brands. Not easy.

Snuffy
April 1st, 2010, 16:50
OMG! I'm completely sold now.

Just having my bednight snack ... Some Cinnamon Streusel Frosted Mini Wheats and Almond Milk!

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*slurp* *desires to give C9G a lick for suggesting this!!!!!*

Cloud9Gal
April 1st, 2010, 17:06
OMG! I'm completely sold now.

Just having my bednight snack ... Some Cinnamon Streusel Frosted Mini Wheats and Almond Milk!

MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*slurp* *desires to give C9G a lick for suggesting this!!!!!*

I'm glad you are enjoying it Snuffy! Nothing beats a good ole bowl of cereal as a bedtime snack. I love Mini Wheats too! Especially the Blueberry Muffin kind and the Maple Syrup ones. Great stuff!

GT182
April 1st, 2010, 18:55
I only drink milk from cows.

:rolleyes:

I only drink milk from a glass. Try drinking milk from cows and you'll get kicked in the head.

Ken Stallings
April 1st, 2010, 19:54
Where do you get Almond Milk at? At a almond dairy?:jump:

Squeeze a tit = milk

Squeeze a bean = soy milk

Squeeze a nut = almond milk

Glad I could help! :icon_lol:

Ken

djscoo
April 1st, 2010, 20:11

The only time I've ever had goat's milk was straight from the goat, no interim container.

Snuffy
April 2nd, 2010, 03:09
:rolleyes:

I only drink milk from a glass. Try drinking milk from cows and you'll get kicked in the head.

I use to drink milk occasionally from the jug, but then I found out that the remaining milk sours much quicker doing that ...

Snuffy
April 2nd, 2010, 03:10
Squeeze a tit = milk

Squeeze a bean = soy milk

Squeeze a nut = almond milk

Glad I could help! :icon_lol:

Ken

I beg to differ just a little on your comments here Ken.

"Squeeze a nut = almond milk" Could sometimes stand for irrepairable damage ... :mixedsmi:

Snuffy
April 11th, 2010, 07:59
I'm going on my 4th quart of this stuff ... :applause:

Cloud9Gal
April 11th, 2010, 09:03
I'm going on my 4th quart of this stuff ... :applause:

I have since tried the chocolate version and the vanilla unsweetened- I love both! I'm really glad I gave this stuff a try, and I'm also glad you are enjoying it as well Snuffy! If you go on their website, you can print a 1$ coupon for your next purchase.
I went to Giant Eagle yesterday, and they had a sale on the almond milk. It was 2.99 for half a gallon carton. Not bad!