PDA

View Full Version : Question about Team FS KBT's Super Hornet

wildcat400
November 8th, 2008, 19:20
There are soooo many repaints of virtually every Navy Super Hornet squadron out there. I already downloaded the E model of their Super Hornet, and have VFA-2, VFA-113, and VFA-146 repaints.

I would like to have more, so my question is how do I re download their Super Hornet? (My C drive won't let me because they are the same name file, can I change the name of the file, and if I do will it work?)
Thanks!

MCDesigns
November 8th, 2008, 19:49
Sure you can change the name, but if it's the same name, won't it be the same aircraft?

wildcat400
November 8th, 2008, 20:15
Sure you can change the name, but if it's the same name, won't it be the same aircraft?

It'll be a Super Hornet. So yes it'll be the same aircraft. There are many other squadron repaints that I want to add to my Hornet inventory (my goal is to get ALL active Navy & Marine Corps A-F models repaints).

For example the ONLY Super Hornet file I have is "FA-18E_SuperHornet".
http://simviation.com/fs2004military19.htm (5th file down).

Basically I want to download that file more than once so I can download the repaints. If I rename the file, I should be able to download that file several more times right?

MCDesigns
November 8th, 2008, 20:19
gotcha, so the other repaints include the whole aircraft? Most repaints are just the texture files and the info on how to add it to your aircraft.

wildcat400
November 8th, 2008, 20:23
gotcha, so the other repaints include the whole aircraft? Most repaints are just the texture files and the info on how to add it to your aircraft.

No. I am sorry that my wording is screwy (I by all means am not add-on lingo smart :banghead: ). The other repaints DO NOT include the whole aircraft. I just want to know if I can download the F-18E download a few more times so I can have (for example) 20 F-18'e from the same download just downloaded a few times.

Still doesn't make sense does it? :(

Their file only has about 5 Hornets. Can I download their file and rename it a few more times so I can have say... 20 Hornets? I only want that many so I can add repaint textures. So when I go to my aircraft inventory I have F-18E's from different squadrons.

MCDesigns
November 8th, 2008, 20:33
Actually it does make sense, but would be easier in the long run to just figure out how to add the repaints to the existing aircraft. keep in mind, you can change the name and have 100 copies of the super hornet in your FSX folder, but it will only display as one since it goes by the info in the aircraft CFG, which is where you add the additional info when you install a new paint.

Here is an example of the Acceleration F-18
just copy the original entry you have for your super hornet as many times as you have texture folders and then on each one, change the bold areas you see here to reflect each texture folder you have installed

[fltsim.XX] <-- corresponding number for each entry
title=FA-18 Hornet ( ) <--a specific name for each variant
sim=FA-18
model=
panel=
sound=
texture= <-------the name of the texture folder
kb_checklists=boeing_FA18_check
kb_reference=boeing_FA18_ref
atc_id=N001 <-- ATC number
atc_airline=NAVY
atc_flight_number=001
ui_manufacturer="Boeing"
ui_type="F/A-18"
ui_variation="Blue Angels 1" <-- variant, usually the same as in the title
ui_typerole="Twin Engine Jet"
ui_createdby="Microsoft Corporation"
description="The Hornet combines the ruggedness required of carrier-borne aircraft with speed and superior agility, especially at high angles of attack. Its powerful engines, canted vertical stabilizers, horizontal stabilators, large leading- and trailing-edge flaps, and sophisticated flight control system all contribute to a level of performance that makes the Hornet a versatile front-line fighter in several air forces around the world."

guzler
November 9th, 2008, 00:17
Most repaints have different folder names. They also usually have the aircraft.cfg section in a readme file to add in too.

If this isn't the case, just rename the zip files you have already downloaded to something else which will allow you to download the next file.

N332DW
November 9th, 2008, 05:03
sounds like he's not adding in the [fltsim.XX] section for each new repaint to me...
this section is usually included in the README and is a simple cut/paste job to the aircraft.cfg

wildcat400
November 9th, 2008, 08:37
sounds like he's not adding in the [fltsim.XX] section for each new repaint to me...
this section is usually included in the README and is a simple cut/paste job to the aircraft.cfg

Your right, I am not, because the aircraft.cfg folder will not let me save it after I edit it.