PDA

View Full Version : OT: Well they did it ... We're still here ...

Snuffy
March 30th, 2010, 07:18
The Hadron Collider did its thing finally ...

We're still alive!

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/03/19/atom-smasher-sets-collision-record/?test=latestnews

Clarke123
March 30th, 2010, 07:55
Yeah but all the "experts" who predicted death and destruction dissapeared up their own blackholes. :p:

dominique
March 30th, 2010, 08:57
maybe, but 17 854 parallel universes crashed...

Dain Arns
March 30th, 2010, 09:12
maybe, but 17 854 parallel universes crashed...

But an equal number were created. One of which is a universe where there are no Reality TV shows... :icon_lol:

Matt Wynn
March 30th, 2010, 09:13
But an equal number were created. One of which is a universe where there are no Reality TV shows... :icon_lol:

Fantastic! where can i get a ticket? :wiggle:

Lionheart
March 30th, 2010, 10:01
........meanwhile, on the other side of the known Galaxy...

Space traffic message voice to main Borg conciousness: "Borg Scout Cube 345 5 76 reports Hadron Collider activity in the subspace in the SOL system"

pause...

Prime voice of command Borg queen: "Dispatch 4 Borg Cube vessles to the SOL system and investiagate for signs of life. Assimilate what you might find."

6 Days later, NASA deep space telemetry report that their Satellite in orbit around Saturn reports 4 possible Asteroids or comets entering our Solar System at high velocity...

Bjoern
March 30th, 2010, 11:06
6 Days later, NASA deep space telemetry report that their Satellite in orbit around Saturn reports 4 possible Asteroids or comets entering our Solar System at high velocity...

I'm gonna save the day since I successfully conquered a few Galaxies in Sins Of A Solar Empire. If I can get most of my fleet past a starbase, four capital ships won't be a problem at all. :icon_lol:

boxcar
March 30th, 2010, 11:27
Cosmic rays smash into our atmosphere at far greater energies than will be produced by the Hadron Collider. Is not to worry.
.................................................. ..............Shades of "Contact" though.

Odie
March 30th, 2010, 11:28
........meanwhile, on the other side of the known Galaxy...

Space traffic message voice to main Borg conciousness: "Borg Scout Cube 345 5 76 reports Hadron Collider activity in the subspace in the SOL system"

pause...

Prime voice of command Borg queen: "Dispatch 4 Borg Cube vessles to the SOL system and investiagate for signs of life. Assimilate what you might find."

Exactly, Bill ! I've always said that we shouldn't be trying to attract attention to ourselves (as a planet)....it never works out well in most all cases! Don't they watch Sci-Fi films?? :icon_lol: